Sign in to follow this  
Guest Horny©at

A little problem with blatant grenade spamming I had earlier today

Guest Horny©at

Inb4 water.exe and a couple others. So we were on cs_office and T's decided to camp hosties room, now the usual happen's, everybody goes either orc chieftain or orc horde and races that blow up. For a good 3-4 rounds, water.exe decides to go out of the room with orc chieftain and throw the two nades that are granted to him because of expertise in the same location within a 30 second time period. Now I'm not mad about the fact that he has these two grenades, but he keeps telling me Oracion said it was fine to throw 2 or more nades in the same area within a 30 second time period as long as it's not bought. I just wanna throw this out there:

No grenade spamming` Grenade spamming is defined as throwing two or more grenades in the same location in a 30-second time frame. Don't do it.
Now where the hell does it say you can throw 2 or more nades in the same area within a 30 second time period, regardless of whether it was bought or not. He sounded like he was trying to get away with it. The problem I have with this is a couple of people have been kicked or banned for grenade spamming with orc chieftain because as you know the rulebook changes every time I join the server apparently, now this rule is bended because the grenades are not bought, LOLWHAT? And If Oracion really did say it was fine, why weren't any changes made to the server rules? I really don't understand why it's illegal to throw 2 nades at the same location within 30 seconds if they're bought, but not if they are given to you by the race, it still doesn't change the fact that you threw 2 nades in the same area with 30 seconds, as the rules clearly state that.

Doesn't matter if you spawn with 2 grenades or 50 grenades.

You can't throw 2 nades in the same area within 30 seconds.

Its only shadow hunter wards thats are included in the executive order so stop trying to include starfall,siren,keeper & priest. Also just leave your offering nothing and trying to make rules form to how you want them.

Hey water I'd like you to remind yourself that you can't bend rules to how you want them.

I don't agree with this rule completely, considering 30 seconds is a substantial period of time. I have, however, heard the conversation between Oracion and water.exe that led into Oracion saying that he didn't mind it as long as you spawned with the grenades. His reasoning being that if one grenade was thrown, the opposing team would get out of that area. That being said, I'm pretty parted on this decision, and on this rule in general, due to spawning with multiple grenades. I propose a five second period where you cannot throw another grenade into that area. As for buying one HE grenade per round, I completely agree.

In all honesty, I dont' really like this rule cause it doesn't give you any real benefit. Throw nade, wait it out 30 second. Throw na- oh wait, you've moved on from that area.

I'm all for a change in time, cause honestly 30 seconds is a bit high, especially with how easy it is to get nades nowadays with all the races that spawn with them. I do like the 5 second idea there, Mimic. Cause it gives a little breather but at the same time doesn't let you spam it too much.

what?!?!?!?! oracion number 1 and oracion number 2 posted after one another? what?

and to me 30 seconds does seem kinda long

happens when you have split personalities, he's talking to himself.

When this talk oracion it was on a map with 2 long halls and i even told him "oracion just think of it like this im playing a lvl 87 orc chieftian and i spawn with 2 gernades im not gonna go throw 1 and hope they sit there for 30 seconds im gonna throw both because im spawning with them and thats the inteded effect of the expertise." shortly after that me and oracion teamed up and went double judge and won the map 27-3 CT/T

2.Players are only allowed to purchase a single High Explosive grenade per life. They can pick more up from fallen enemies or die, respawn, and buy another. If you see someone doing runs from the spawn, buying a HE grenade then running out this is basically grenade spamming and the generous 30s purchase window is intended for people who die early and respawn, not to spam grenades.

how did you guys not find this rule? it's in the motd

Yeah, That is the point of the thread blind.

As posted by Rock, the "size" of the area is what has been an issue.

However the "common" Logic is that: Toss nade at Point a, Wait. Toss at point B (The distance being about 2-3 player spaces :/.)

Also, As i believe mimic said, the 30 seconds is a bit much. I would however like it to be like 15 seconds rather than 30 seconds, as 30 is too long and 5 is too short.

If yiyas didnt want orc chieftian to throw both nades near the same spot it wouldnt spawn with 2 nades at lvl 80 and wouldnt do 175% crit nade dmg at max expertise. Also ill continue throwing both my nades near the same area.

If yiyas didnt want orc chieftian to throw both nades near the same spot it wouldnt spawn with 2 nades at lvl 80 and wouldnt do 175% crit nade dmg at max expertise. Also ill continue throwing both my nades near the same area.

... Water, i don't hate you or anything... But really.

Using that argument would be like saying "If yiyas didn't want us going ontop of No textures, he would not have made races that fly/teleport..."

It's honestly a slippery-slope argument. So please for everyone's sake do not use that.

The no double nade in a single spot is to prevent shit like that (2 nades that do 275 damage in the same spot back to back... That is more than enough to rape most races on the server).

This rule just needs to be addressed, as if people apparently have been banned for this( going by what OP said), then you should not be an exception to the rule. As blindboi said, a MOTD rule is a MOTD rule

Yeah, That is the point of the thread blind.

As posted by Rock, the "size" of the area is what has been an issue.

However the "common" Logic is that: Toss nade at Point a, Wait. Toss at point B (The distance being about 2-3 player spaces :/.)

Also, As i believe mimic said, the 30 seconds is a bit much. I would however like it to be like 15 seconds rather than 30 seconds, as 30 is too long and 5 is too short.

Five seconds is too short? How long does it take you to get out of an area? I can get out of an area in roughly one second as a long jump race, and three if not. I gave five seconds as a suggestion for people with lower competence and reaction times. Fifteen seconds may be half as much, but it still is an extremely long time. You shouldn't have to wait 5% (or 10% as current) of the round time to throw a second grenade.

I look at it this way. If you don't move within five seconds when you just got hit by a crit nade, then you deserve to be blown up.

Technically, if you don't move back after a nade is thrown in front of you or you see someone get blown up, that's your own fault as well.

I agree, although five seconds is pretty short. 10 seconds sounds ideal, if you die to another crit nade in that area you deserved it. Five seconds is debatable, if your teammates are being stupid and blocking entrances/exits/whathaveyou.

I have never seen anyone INCLUDING GHOUL OR MYSELF GET BANNED FOR THROWING OUR CRIT NADES. Also @ oracion said if you dont move and you notice +crit dmg from my nade you deserve to be blown up by my other gernade along with your teammates who may or may not be blocking an exit from the gernade

I agree, although five seconds is pretty short. 10 seconds sounds ideal, if you die to another crit nade in that area you deserved it. Five seconds is debatable, if your teammates are being stupid and blocking entrances/exits/whathaveyou.

That is completely coincidental, and we probably shouldn't have rules based on that.

Ghoul has been kicked/slayed for nade spamming before. Checkster has been banned for it before as well. Don't worry, I've slayed/kicked/banned people for throwing nades in the same place within 30 secs before.

I'll be honest crit nades compared to what they used to me are really nothing lol. I remember with orc chieftain expertise nades would be able to kill 2-3 people without a issue. Now requires to throw a nade at their feet and hope like hell it kills them lol.

Sign in to follow this