Sign in to follow this  
Elmo

werfault.exe

Found this in online. Hope it helps!

"Hi Mel9543,

· When do you get this error message?

The werfault.exe is used for Windows Error Reporting. It is a feature that allows Microsoft to track and address errors relating to the operating system, Windows features, and applications. It gives you the option to send data about errors to Microsoft and to receive information about solutions.

You can access settings for Windows Error Reporting here: Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Problem Reports and Solutions > Change settings > Advanced settings

Try turning it off temporarily and see if this will fix the problem.

As a temporarily solution you can turn off error reporting service: press Win+R, type services.msc than find Windows Error Reporting service in the services list, right-click on it -> click Properties -> open "Startup type" list and select "Disabled" -> press OK.

Then check and see if you are still getting the werfault.exe error on opening programs.

Since you have just installed Windows 7, please verify you have updated all of your device drivers to a Windows 7 version. If you cannot do so in normal mode, then go to safe mode and verify in device manager.

Refer the link to update the drivers: Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Refer the link for similar issue: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7programs/thread/ad18ac26-105e-4930-9024-6de26ed55e30"

the first thing you should do is-

click start, type "msconfig" into the run box

go to the tab titled "startup"

uncheck any applications there that you don't want/need or recognize. do not worry about messing anything up by unchecking things you don't recognize, you can always turn them back on. you might even want to uncheck everything and later go back and re-check the things you find you want.

hit ok and restart the machine.

if the problem still persists you may want to try the "manual" version of the msconfig startup which is located in the registry. you can do this by typing "regedit" into the start>run box and navigating to these folders

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>RunOnce

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Run

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>RunOnce

often times malware will attempt to hide these entries from the msconfig frontend, but they can still be found in those folders. delete the "keys" of anything you do not want running on your machine, however be aware that if you remove a key from the registry, there is no check box to put it back. you'll have to re-enter the key manually.

restart your machine. if the freezes and lag persist please let me know, there are more things that can be done to find the root of your problem. hope this helps

edited for accuracy after reading other reply

I already terminated it. Now I cant see black fonts lol.

Repair windows then scan the computer with malwarebytes. Either way it should be fixed.

I got mad and just reformatted it.

edit: btw malwarebytes or spyware doctor? which one shall i get?

Lavasoft Ad-aware & AVG

really though if you get noscipt and learn to use virustotal and a sandbox or vm you shouldn't ever need antivirus/antispyware

Or if you just learn to use a computer.

yeah but i've seen/had access to enough noday or 0days to know that even the best users can still be vulnerable. all it takes is one unpatched buffer overflow in a commonly used app and its off to the botfarm for you.

edit: why do you think adobe reader updates so often? pos...

Lavasoft Ad-aware & AVG

really though if you get noscipt and learn to use virustotal and a sandbox or vm you shouldn't ever need antivirus/antispyware

Malwarebytes is by far the best scanner.

Noscript? It still boggles me why people still use that crap.

Malwarebytes is by far the best scanner.

Noscript? It still boggles me why people still use that crap.

theres no such thing as a "good" scanner

they all share signatures and the only difference between them is heuristics, which in the end does jack shit against a skid who spent $10 to get a stub crypted

i was merely trying to direct him to reliable free software.

i use noscript because i dont trust software companies to provide products quality enough to not be exploited, and history would dictate that i'm correct. theres probably more efficient methods around at this point, but its been a few years since i've even made an effort to keep up with this stuff.

sorry about the derail