Sign in to follow this  
Balthazar

I'll just leave this here...

So what your doing is trying to combine multiple fighting styles which have no synergy and making yourself more susceptible of being overpowered by an opponent

So what you're doing is trying to talk about things you have no clue about.

Again, any good fighter knows that size is of little importance. Look at Bruce Lee, he was smaller than me, but I bet you wouldn't fuck with him would you? Maybe if you were mentally retarded or just that full of yourself, which it seems you are.

And any non-retarded person knows greater mass = greater force = greater damage.

Boxer vs Karate is an very old argument, and when you take the best of the best, boxer usually comes out on top.

I've read similar breakdowns of this situation from other sources, but this is my favorite. Balthazar, Shadow, and anyone else interested in this situation, I encourage you to read the whole thing.

Who would win in a fight between Muhammad Ali and Bruce Lee?

While preparing for his title defence against Joe Bugner in Malaysia in 1975, Muhammad Ali announced, "I will prove to the world that I am not only the greatest boxer of all time, I am the greatest martial artist." Then, before treating the kickboxer Davis Miller to a round of sparring, he declared, "You must be a fool to get in the ring with me. When I'm through, you gowna think you been whupped by Bruce Lee." Miller reported how "I bent to the right, tossed a jab toward his belt line, straightened, snapped a long, tentative front-kick to his head. I figured it was the first kick he'd ever had thrown at him, but he pulled away as easily as if he'd been dodging feet his entire life." In that brief encounter, Ali allowed Miller to get a few hits in before knocking him senseless with two punches.

Bruce Lee would no doubt fare better than the young Miller did against the Greatest, but the end result would probably be no different. Ali was 6ft 3in tall and weighed 236lb in his prime. Lee was 5ft 7in and just 135lb when he died. If Lee were a boxer he would be a lightweight nine divisions below Ali's heavyweight class. In regular boxing there is a limited degree of movement between the weight divisions.

The first advantage people think of is the martial artist's ability to use kicks as well as punches. In any contest of champions, Muhammad Ali would be allowed to kick too just as Bruce Lee would be allowed to punch but one presumes he would rely on his fists. The second advantage is Lee's dazzling speed though frames were cut from his fight scenes to make him appear even faster. Even so, his kicks could never be as fast as Ali's punches. This is no slight against the martial artist, but simply a reflection of human physiology and the laws of physics.

Even the fastest kicks are slow compared to punches, because they require more build-up and begin from a greater distance from their target. Punches can also be followed up with more of the same, whereas combination kicks are slower, more difficult to execute and usually lose power.

Furthermore, Ali would be used to dodging punches that were much faster than Lee's kicks. So to bring his kicks to bear, Lee would need to keep Ali at a distance. Assuming that the two are fighting in a ring of limited size, Lee would probably not be able to keep out of the boxer's way for long enough. Ali himself was extremely fast for a heavyweight, but even he couldn't avoid dozens of punches from the lumbering George Foreman (realising this, he even made it part of his game plan not to try to during their "Rumble in the Jungle"). Similarly, no matter how fast Lee might be, he could not realistically be expected to dodge every blow from Ali.

Now there's an arena in which the different fighting styles can be directly compared: the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Almost anything goes in mixed martial arts, or "cage fighting", except for eye-gouging and blows to the groin. Yet, contrary to the public's expectation when the sport began, kung fu masters have fared notably badly: even worse than pure boxers. The early years were dominated by grapplers, and even today fighters stand little chance unless they have excellent wrestling skills, as so many matches are settled on the ground, either with a submission hold or with one protagonist pinned down and pummelled unconscious.

The most successful mixed martial artist of recent times is Japan's Kazushi Sakuraba. Sakuraba came from professional (that is to say, staged) wrestling, but after his promoters went bust he talked his way into the Ultimate Fighting Championship's heavyweights-only Ultimate Japan tournament in 1997. He pretended that he weighed 203lb in order to qualify and, although he was really only 183lb, he defeated a 243lb ju-jitsu champion to score the first of several victories against bigger, stronger men. One of his smaller victims was the renowned Royce Gracie, who at 180lb himself once beat a 275lb heavyweight wrestler. Sakuraba's career and those of other champions in Ultimate Fighting appear to demonstrate that grappling skills are far more effective than other martial arts or boxing disciplines in overcoming a size disadvantage. The UFC has destroyed the mystique of martial arts by showing which techniques actually work. Kung fu is not one of them.

Bruce Lee had great respect for the skills of wrestlers, but he had different priorities and recognised that their techniques were not as photogenic as the looping kicks and acrobatics that movie-goers wanted to see. He realised that his moves were only for the camera, and that the flurries of hand trapping that he learned from wing chun kung fu would be of little use in a real fight. Unlike Ali, Lee never boasted that he could take on the world. He never fought in competitive tournaments either. To then say that Lee was the best martial arts fighter in the world let alone the best fighter per se would be like saying that the Harlem Globetrotters, basketball's answer to the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment), are the world's best basketball team.

The more valid question is not whether Bruce Lee could beat Muhammad Ali, but how he would fare against Rocky Balboa...

8 years of your life gone, and upon reading this you've come to realize this is all you've become:

And any non-retarded person knows greater mass = greater force = greater damage.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

1233400426_guy%20falls%20of%20chair.gif

Also, I would like to add that speed can easily beat a big person. But, really depends on the severity of the two cases. Bruce Lee was an extraordinary person. I believe he is the greatest fighter ever, in my opinion, and could take out most people in the world (of course 1 on 1).

+ Also, Golden, that was kind of greezy, for we don't actually know either of these guys' true skill in their ways of fighting. Though it is a joke, I can see that, it was a little "out of pocket".

Boxer vs Karate is an very old argument, and when you take the best of the best, boxer usually comes out on top.

I've read similar breakdowns of this situation from other sources, but this is my favorite.

8 years of your life gone, and upon reading this you've come to realize this is all you've become:

You can post about something that never happened. GG.

Because when I've never lost a fight before, street wise, it must mean my shit is just 'dancing'.

Edit: What masa said.

Did you see how much force Bruce Lee could use in a punch from...what was it? 6 inches away from his target? It was over 3500 psi. Get fucked.

Because when I've never lost a fight before, street wise, it must mean my shit is just 'dancing'.

Fighting preteen girls isn't something to be proud of.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

1233400426_guy%20falls%20of%20chair.gif

Also, I would like to add that speed can easily beat a big person. But, really depends on the severity of the two cases. Bruce Lee was an extraordinary person. I believe he is the greatest fighter ever, in my opinion, and could take out most people in the world (of course 1 on 1).

Read the god damned page if you're going to make stupid fucking comments about it. Big doesn't necessarily mean slow. Bruce was certainly a fantastic fighter, and I'd consider him a personal hero for many reason, but he was an even better showman.

Read the god damned page if you're going to make stupid fucking comments about it. Big doesn't necessarily mean slow. Bruce was certainly a fantastic fighter, and I'd consider him a personal hero for many reason, but he was an even better showman.

Now that, I can concur with. Also why I said this "But, really depends on the severity of the two cases." Never said ALL big people are slow, never said all small people are fast.

Fighting preteen girls isn't something to be proud of.

Someone's threatened for trying to make such hits against me. It's funny.

Last I checked 250lbs, 6 foot 4ish males aren't preteen girls. But again, come at me. :3

Last I checked 250lbs, 6 foot 4ish males aren't preteen girls. But again, come at me. :3

One time I fought a 8'2 350 lb giant. Knocked him out with one punch and shit on his chest. Words are words. Same as mine was just a jest toward your insecurity. Just as nothing that I say until I post a video of one of my fights on here can't be proven. Judging by your size and what you spend your time doing I can call bs on anything you say. The fact that freekiller weights 220 lbs and can barely lift 135 I can see the same situation with the guy that was 250 pounds being weak as fuck or a fat pussy. Or more likely never happened.

The fact is I wasn't debating boxing was better than anything else. I was claiming most martial arts are for pussies which is my opinion. And the fact that you are one (pussy) also by what I can see and read would more likely be fact than an opinion.

Edit: What masa said.

Did you see how much force Bruce Lee could use in a punch from...what was it? 6 inches away from his target? It was over 3500 psi. Get fucked.

Now you're just making up numbers, and you can't even fucking read.

Now there's an arena in which the different fighting styles can be directly compared: the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Almost anything goes in mixed martial arts, or "cage fighting", except for eye-gouging and blows to the groin. Yet, contrary to the public's expectation when the sport began, kung fu masters have fared notably badly: even worse than pure boxers. The early years were dominated by grapplers, and even today fighters stand little chance unless they have excellent wrestling skills, as so many matches are settled on the ground, either with a submission hold or with one protagonist pinned down and pummelled unconscious.

The most successful mixed martial artist of recent times is Japan's Kazushi Sakuraba. Sakuraba came from professional (that is to say, staged) wrestling, but after his promoters went bust he talked his way into the Ultimate Fighting Championship's heavyweights-only Ultimate Japan tournament in 1997. He pretended that he weighed 203lb in order to qualify and, although he was really only 183lb, he defeated a 243lb ju-jitsu champion to score the first of several victories against bigger, stronger men. One of his smaller victims was the renowned Royce Gracie, who at 180lb himself once beat a 275lb heavyweight wrestler. Sakuraba's career and those of other champions in Ultimate Fighting appear to demonstrate that grappling skills are far more effective than other martial arts or boxing disciplines in overcoming a size disadvantage. The UFC has destroyed the mystique of martial arts by showing which techniques actually work. Kung fu is not one of them.

Bruce Lee had great respect for the skills of wrestlers, but he had different priorities and recognised that their techniques were not as photogenic as the looping kicks and acrobatics that movie-goers wanted to see. He realised that his moves were only for the camera, and that the flurries of hand trapping that he learned from wing chun kung fu would be of little use in a real fight. Unlike Ali, Lee never boasted that he could take on the world. He never fought in competitive tournaments either. To then say that Lee was the best martial arts fighter in the world let alone the best fighter per se would be like saying that the Harlem Globetrotters, basketball's answer to the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment), are the world's best basketball team.

The more valid question is not whether Bruce Lee could beat Muhammad Ali, but how he would fare against Rocky Balboa...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO he gavce you that.....thing FACE, like a cat or something. AWWWW SHiit,

shit_just_got_real.gif

Guest Sandy Balls
I wish there was a grand tournament of martial arts/any type of weaponless combat where you could match up hundreds of fighters even if they practiced different fighting styles (ex. a boxer v. a karate guy) just like in Dragonball Z. Then Shadow and Balthazar could fight and shit would be so cash :cool:

You're really gay now.

I wish there was a grand tournament of martial arts/any type of weaponless combat where you could match up hundreds of fighters even if they practiced different fighting styles (ex. a boxer v. a karate guy) just like in Dragonball Z. Then Shadow and Balthazar could fight and shit would be so cash :cool:

It's called UFC lol...

By the way nice diagram mitch, lol

ITT: Some cool people.

Also ITT: People jelly of my skills who try to talk unfounded shit.

jelly of what skills, exactly? You can make funny noises when you "tense your muscles". You can move your body in a motion that will not only waste severe amounts of time as far as bullets are concerned, but you look mighty stupid all the while. You can lay on a bed of nails, a feat that has been accomplished by many 8 year olds.

Until you have actually accomplished anything , gtfo with these bullshit posts boasting your "skills". That red hair doesn't make you hot shit, and nothing you have said/done on these forums make me believe you're anything more than some white kid with anger issues.

Not always. Acceleration/velocity are vital also.

jelly of what skills, exactly? You can make funny noises when you "tense your muscles". You can move your body in a motion that will not only waste severe amounts of time as far as bullets are concerned, but you look mighty stupid all the while. You can lay on a bed of nails, a feat that has been accomplished by many 8 year olds.

Until you have actually accomplished anything , gtfo with these bullshit posts boasting your "skills". That red hair doesn't make you hot shit, and nothing you have said/done on these forums make me believe you're anything more than some white kid with anger issues.

Ignorance. Ignorance everywhere and not a drop to drink.

From this thread I have learned...

I can kill gingers with ease

If you would spend more time in the gym you could kill more types of people too. Like karate kyles.

If you would spend more time in the gym you could kill more types of people too. Like karate kyles.

I try to go to the gym ,but when someone hits you up every night to drink or smoke it's hard to not lmao

Not always. Acceleration/velocity are vital also.

Thank you. I should have noted that the velocity in this case is either the same, significantly increased due to the composition of the mass (muscle), or negligibly less.