Sign in to follow this  
BLiNDBoi

Hellspectre, The Soul Lord

Hellspectre, The Soul Lord

General Concept: Much like how Night Elf, Human Alliance, Undead Scourge and Orcish Horde all have a higher level race version. I basically thought about it and looked at Soul Reaper, although not entirely in line with Soul Reaper but its the damn souls that makes the connection. You are now warned that this is a very complex race idea.

Basically in Soul Reaper the more souls you collect you will gain more HP and Invisibility which will cap out. I want to take that idea also but in a different fashion, no Invisibility however no limit cap on HP. The natural cap given is getting an additional 300HP, totaling 400HP at spawn, however, collecting 100 souls probably will not be easy.

Now don't go off thinking its overpowered just yet I added two debuffs that will occured based on a percentage of the maximum storage amount of souls. The first debuff that can be obtained is a speed reduction, and the second debuff is a red-ish blind opacity down so its still possible to see through.

General Information: Regarding Souls

Heavy Load Restriction debuff: The slow debuff will become active when 20% or greater of maximum storage amount of souls. First debuff reduces movement speed by 10% (90% speed), at 40% debuff becomes 20% (80% speed), 60% debuff becomes 30% (70% speed), 80% debuff becomes 40% (60% speed), and 100% debuff becomes 50% (50% speed). Refer to Skill 3 to see what I have planned for a countermeasure.

Number of souls = ...

Tier 1: 20% of max storage, speed = 90%

Tier 2: 40% of max storage, speed = 80%

Tier 3: 60% of max storage, speed = 70%

Tier 4: 80% of max storage, speed = 60%

Tier 5: 100% of max storage, speed = 50%

Insanity debuff: The insanity or crazed state affects the vision of the race, making it harder to see, i.e. blind. The blind will become active when 40% or greater of maximum storage amount of souls. First debuff blinds (redish) by a opacity of 10%, at 52% debuff blinds by a opacity of 20%, at 64% debuff blinds by a opacity of 30%, at 76% debuff blinds by a opacity of 40%, at 88% debuff blinds by a opacity of 50% and at 100% debuff blinds by a opacity of 60%. Refer to Skill 4 to see what I have planned for a countermeasure.

Number of souls = ...

Tier 1: 40% of max storage, blind opacity = 10%

Tier 2: 52% of max storage, blind opacity = 20%

Tier 3: 64% of max storage, blind opacity = 30%

Tier 4: 76% of max storage, blind opacity = 40%

Tier 5: 88% of max storage, blind opacity = 50%

Tier 6: 100% of max storage, blind opacity = 60%

Restrictions:

Race Limit: 1 per team

Level required: 3500

Shopmenu Restrictions: No Tomes, No Boots

Skills:

7 skills total

Total Levels/Skill Points: 75 (Impossible to have all skill points used in all the skills at the max, the value is a guesstimate)

1st Skill [25]: Soul Hording

Gain to storage for souls, gain 4 storage capacity per skill point reaching 100 (4, 8, 12... 92, 96, 100).

Requirement: 0 Used skill points

2nd Skill [5]: Soul Extraction

Gain a soul collection after killing an enemy, same as Soul Reaper but instead of a blue soul it will be red.

Probability to get a successful collection: 75, 80, 85, 90, 100%

HP gain upon the collection: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12.

Experience gain per collection: 4-11, 9-16, 14-22, 19-29, 24-37exp

Requirement: 5 Used skills points

3rd Skill [20]: Soul Weight Endurance

Gain reduced affect of Heavy Load Restriction debuff.

Reduces the debuff effectiveness by 1% per skill point, so when this skill is maxed:

Number of souls = ...

Tier 1: 20% of max storage, speed = 100% (norm speed)

Tier 2: 40% of max storage, speed = 100% (norm speed)

Tier 3: 60% of max storage, speed = 90%

Tier 4: 80% of max storage, speed = 80%

Tier 5: 100% of max storage, speed = 70%

Requirement: 10 Used skill points

4th Skill [20]: Insanity Control

Gain reduced affect of Insanity debuff.

Reduces the debuff effectiveness by 1% per skill point, so when this skill is maxed:

Number of souls = ...

Tier 1: 40% of max storage, blind opacity = 0% (norm vision)

Tier 2: 52% of max storage, blind opacity = 0% (norm vision)

Tier 3: 64% of max storage, blind opacity = 10%

Tier 4: 76% of max storage, blind opacity = 20%

Tier 5: 88% of max storage, blind opacity = 30%

Tier 6: 100% of max storage, blind opacity = 40%

Requirement 10 Used skill points

5th Skill [10]: Soul Aura

Gain a Aura with a starting range of 25 feet (guesstimate), range will grow under the effect of Soul Proficiency. If the enemy target is 'marked' and killed within the marked duration there is a percentage chance to gain a soul from that kill. 5% per skill level caps @ 50% proc rate (might lower this value, only a guesstimate).

Soul Aura second use, a small beacon like animation that only the race can see (maybe everyone), in short, wallhacks very similar to Drow Queen's but only be activated if the aura hits the target because that is the 'mark'.

Requirement: 25 Used skill points

6th Skill [10]: Soul Proficiency

Spawn: Gain HP for every soul collected.

Each soul extends Soul Aura by 1 feet per soul, caps @ 50* (totaling 75 feet, guesstimate).

[L1] 1 HP per Soul

[L2] Soul Aura 1 feet per soul, cap @ 30

[L3] 1.5 HP per Soul

[L4] Soul Aura 1 feet per soul, cap @ 35

[L5] 2 HP per Soul

[L6] Soul Aura 1 feet per soul, cap @ 40

[L7] 2.5 HP per Soul

[L8] Soul Aura 1 feet per soul, cap @ 45

[L9] Soul Aura 1 feet per soul, cap @ 50*

[L10] 3 HP per Soul

Requirement: 25 Used skill points

7th Skill Ultimate [10]: Frenzied Soul

[L1] Consumes 1 soul, deals 10% of closest target's HP

[L2] Consumes 2 souls, deals 20% of closest target's HP

[L3] Consumes 3 souls, deals 30% of closest target's HP

[L4] Consumes 4 souls, deals 40% of closest target's HP

[L5] Consumes 5 souls, deals 50% of closest target's HP

[L6] Consumes 6 souls, deals 60% of closest target's HP

[L7] Consumes 7 souls, deals 70% of closest target's HP

[L8] Consumes 8 souls, deals 80% of closest target's HP

[L9] Consumes 9 souls, deals 90% of closest target's HP

[L10] Consumes 10 souls, deals 100% of closest target's HP

Cooldown: 45 or 60 seconds

Requirement 60 Used skill points

Animation, a red-ish soul coming from race to closest enemy, no range limit (TBA if needed). In my mind, this ultimate is unique because it literally cannot kill unless the 10th skill point. Yes it can kill a zombie, but hell that's a 9 soul loss to kill it. The point of the ultimate is to burn the large collection of souls. I also want to make this ultimate to be immune to all evasions, damage reductions, damage negations AND ultimate immunity.

As for the speed of the soul moving toward its target, I figure anything faster than Grim Reaper after like 3 seconds. In other words, starts slow and then speeds up quick.

--- Notes Section ---

On a side note, I don't think I will ever make anything so complex ever again... at least for a while. If you have any questions regarding my non-sense, speak up!

Note #1: The color scheme of this race is red, mainly because soul reaper and quite a few other races are blue.

Note #2: Reason for no Tomes and Boots under restrictions shopmenu items is because collecting souls gives more experience on top of the kill. No boots, well that would defeat the purpose of the one of the major debuffs to this race.

Note #3: The distance variables are probably way too small or not a unit of measure but its just the idea of what they should do.

Note #4: Level requirement of 3500 because there is none that high and Sloth is the only one higher, and this race does seem to have some OP characteristics.

Note #5: Gave more poll options for the hell of it, thinking way too far into things so love it or hate it.

I like it, but the ultimate seems a little bit overpowered. Perhaps not make that an instakill? XD

Make it like max out at 75% damage I think... OR at least it would be a once-per-round ultimate.

Other than that it all looks very nice. As you stated quite complex, but good nonetheless :)

Currently I have it set to 45seconds or 60 seconds, there is a half time or 2/3 cut down rule on the timers of ultimates, so the ultimate with the 45 cooldown probably can be used maybe 3 times while the 60 second cooldown is 2 at the max. The only real OP parts of the ultimate is the instanta/delayed kill that is immune to ultimate immunity that will seek the closest target.

I still believe the Ulti is Op, even with only 2/3 times a round.. I mean if you camp a corner the whole round its 2 auto kills.. You dont even need a gun :?

Unless im reading something wrong about it

I still believe the Ulti is Op, even with only 2/3 times a round.. I mean if you camp a corner the whole round its 2 auto kills.. You dont even need a gun :?

Unless im reading something wrong about it

I beg to differ, stalker for example can kill more than this race can. Shit any suicide race can just die, blow the fuck up and kill more than 2 or 3 people. I've exploded on 7 people on crackhouse, funny as it was to me but lame. lol

Maybe it should be a knife race. Thats how I interpreted it because with guns I think it would be a little OP.

Clarify why it should be a knife race and also how it might be a little OP if a normal gun race? I think the reverse due to the debuffs.