Sign in to follow this  
nitemare

Wireless Network Adapter for XBOX360

You need a wireless router, configure it using it's instructions, hook up the adapter to the back of your xbox, fill in the info in your xbox.
\

Where can I get a wireless router and how much?

Guest some fag

You mean you don't have a wireless network at home but bought the wireless adapter? That seems pretty dumb. If you can return it and just use an ethernet connection, that would be the ideal thing to do, but if not, you're going to need a wireless router, which is a box that plugs into your internet modem (connected to a cable jack or a phone cord) and divides your your connection either wirelessly or hard wired (ethernet).

You can pick up a wireless router at Best Buy, Circuit City, Radioshack, and most electronics shops.

I would, however, recommend Linksys, due to the fact that they are very reliable, and easy to use, such as open ports and that sort. A standard Wireless-G router from Linksys runs from 50 to 70 bucks at Best Buy, with comparable prices everywhere else.

Once you get one, set it up and whatnot, just plug your wireless adapter into the back of your 360, and turn it on. Go to the System Blade and select Networking or whatever the option is called. From there, everything should be set on Automatic, so it will pretty much set itself up, you just need to specify the connection type (you obviously want wireless).

Hope this helps.

Damn. That adapter is like $90.

It would be less costly to just go hard wired, as Zeus said, since you don't have a wireless router to begin with.

90 + 60 = 150.

Where as you could use that $90 to buy another game if you wanted, and still have cash for.. let's say a long Ethernet cord and you're good.

Yup. Actually with that $90 coming back from that adapter, just get a wireless router and Ethernet cord.

You'll be happy you did, instead of wondering why it's not working. Less hassle no doubt.

You'll have.. I dunno $10-20 left over? and You'll be set for your future wireless needs.

The 360 wireless adapter is too expensive IMO =/.

Hope that time comes soon enough.

While we are dreaming of wireless adapters being less expensive than a 360 game, go wired.

No interruption, no hassle, cheaper by at least $75 or so, but maybe an occasional tripping on the cord, lol :P.

But that's probably the worst problem you're gonna have.

Except when I trip on my wire, my router falls, because my cord floats in the air,

and it's a $80 d-link -.-".

You mean you don't have a wireless network at home but bought the wireless adapter? That seems pretty dumb. If you can return it and just use an ethernet connection, that would be the ideal thing to do, but if not, you're going to need a wireless router, which is a box that plugs into your internet modem (connected to a cable jack or a phone cord) and divides your your connection either wirelessly or hard wired (ethernet).

You can pick up a wireless router at Best Buy, Circuit City, Radioshack, and most electronics shops.

I would, however, recommend Linksys, due to the fact that they are very reliable, and easy to use, such as open ports and that sort. A standard Wireless-G router from Linksys runs from 50 to 70 bucks at Best Buy, with comparable prices everywhere else.

Once you get one, set it up and whatnot, just plug your wireless adapter into the back of your 360, and turn it on. Go to the System Blade and select Networking or whatever the option is called. From there, everything should be set on Automatic, so it will pretty much set itself up, you just need to specify the connection type (you obviously want wireless).

Hope this helps.

aha that explained it all thanks.