Sign in to follow this  
UnknownLegend

sG Wiki

Exactly. There could be a section for ZM too, with secrets for each map laid out.

eDIT::

Alright, I'm convinced we've got enough support to get this thing started. Look for a new forum section in the coming days. I'll send out PMs to people interested in mod/upkeep in the next few days too so we can hash out a semi-organized system, rules ,etc. Look for this to be opened up in the next 1-2 weeks.

I know I'm a giant newfag, but I do know wikis like the back of my dick, so if you need helps...

<3

Exactly. There could be a section for ZM too, with secrets for each map laid out.

eDIT::

Alright, I'm convinced we've got enough support to get this thing started. Look for a new forum section in the coming days. I'll send out PMs to people interested in mod/upkeep in the next few days too so we can hash out a semi-organized system, rules ,etc. Look for this to be opened up in the next 1-2 weeks.

Idea:

Wiki as a forum

and then the main forum could be used as a general discussion/free posting zone

then we can have subforums of the main forum like

- individual servers

- players

- events/periods of times/dramas

and have wiki mods make a thread for each individual page or something like that. then they could edit at will. (possibly disable replies to threads unless you can't fit everything in one post)

Guest JERKSTORE

there should be an entire section on PR()JECT ya duh!

inb4quoteplussig

i can help if you need it.

Sounds like a good idea and a stupid idea. All-in-all, something that should be done. I'm available to correct grammar, punctuation, and just overall make things easier to read, if needed.

I've had some experience working on small private wikis before (for online communities no less, heh), and I'd be interested in helping in this project (with pretty much what Dojima said) and doing something a tad bit constructive around here for once.

Idea:

Wiki as a forum

and then the main forum could be used as a general discussion/free posting zone

then we can have subforums of the main forum like

- individual servers

- players

- events/periods of times/dramas

and have wiki mods make a thread for each individual page or something like that. then they could edit at will. (possibly disable replies to threads unless you can't fit everything in one post)

we'll put a forum in our forum, so we can...

It seems like a good idea, but I'm not really sure if we need it. How often do you guys find yourself repeating sG drama? I know major things like staff upheavals, P2, etc are probably asked about a lot, but you can just write a short history page for that, not a full-blown wiki. it just kind of seems like a waste of time/resources to me.

Forum created, just above introductions. http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/forumdisplay.php?f=183

For starters, mod has been given to....

C12K, TTD, Coinstar, Lesbian Dad, Howard Dean, chikendinner, iAlwaysFail, Goldentongue, Dojima, and Samm.

If we need more mods or if we need to replace mods as time goes on, we'll take care of that. Mods, your job (if you want it) is basically to just go through and proofread threads for accuracy/fairness before approving them. Approving them is easy... you just put a checkmark in the box on the right side of the thread/post, go down to the bottom of the thread and select "Approve Post" or "Approve Thread" under moderation options. You can edit posts as well.

Here I am at the office, time to get my reading glasses on.

LurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurkLurk

Cool stuff. I plan to do a lot of tidying up, but first I'll be kind of hanging back while I try to assess how the community wants it to be laid out.

I apologize I wrote a reply on one of Mitch's history Wiki threads thinking it was a normal post because it was on my New Post list. Feel free to delete my reply, it was just thanking him for the history.