Sign in to follow this  
chikendinner

Provide out-of-game map DL

I am not sure if this has been suggested or discussed before....

I am suggesting that there be folders available for download off the forums (within site or held on external hosting site) that allows you to download all the map packs for each specific server.

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and re-installed CSS.... i tried a back-up before switch which failed so was left with no custom maps or sounds any longer.

Rather than have to download each map as it is chosen on the server i am suggesting the maps be available externally so we can manually add to out game directories.

Just a thought....

Chikendinner

It might be possible to create a public FTP where people can download the maps. Might be a bitch to configure and work out the details though. I'll mention it to Jason and see what he says.

Guest Ethan1
Shouldn't this be in 'Questions or Suggestions' or 'Ideas & Comments'?

Yeah but it isn't that important. Staff didn't move it so I wouldn't worry about it.

theres a firefox plugin that will like just autodownload all of them

Auto downloading them will take up so much space because there are quite a fair bit of maps which arent on some of the servers anymore. As you can see on the date of the maps it hasnt been since like March for most of them