Sign in to follow this  
Ika

Wizard of the Everlasting

What is the point of this race? It's impossible to level for normal players, but it has skills. The skills aren't even that good. If the point is to have a race that doesn't max, to prevent people from whoring, then why not increase the "max level" for Default up to 999 and call it a day? And why are half the shopmenu items restricted from Wizard?

It has armor regeneration, insane health regeneration, 100% armor damage absorbtion, a mini-freeze (same as Tempest), and burns people. It's downfalls are it's slow experience gain rate, and the fact that it is slower than every other race (besides Sloth). It's a decent race, but it's a pain to level.

how exactly does the armor absorption work? takes off damage from armor first, and has armor regen as well? Because otherwise, 100hp and no speed = not OP at all. The Tempest stun is not very good, and burn isn't great either. The health regen is pretty good but with a max of 100 it doesn't really matter.

But bear in mind I'm only level 7 with this race so I guess I haven't really experienced it.

how exactly does the armor absorption work? takes off damage from armor first, and has armor regen as well? Because otherwise, 100hp and no speed = not OP at all. The Tempest stun is not very good, and burn isn't great either. The health regen is pretty good but with a max of 100 it doesn't really matter.

But bear in mind I'm only level 7 with this race so I guess I haven't really experienced it.

The armor absorption basically works as follows:

You get shot, your Armor takes 100% of the damage.

When the armor is gone, your health starts taking damage.

You also start regenerating more armor, which allows you to take more damage.

The mini-freeze and burn are very useful. You won't believe how much a 100% freeze every second that lasts for .25 seconds will screw up another player's game play. I can tell you that I can't stand it when I'm playing any race with speed or long jump.

The mini-freeze and burn are very useful. You won't believe how much a 100% freeze every second that lasts for .25 seconds will screw up another player's game play. I can tell you that I can't stand it when I'm playing any race with speed or long jump.

A more true statement was never said.

FYI, you shoot it in the head it dies on the spot. Remember, overkill it's health and it shouldn't absorb it through the armor.

FYI, you shoot it in the head it dies on the spot. Remember, overkill it's health and it shouldn't absorb it through the armor.

Not sure if this is right...

Before that huge CSS update, this used to be true with evasion and such, but now evasion also happens before the damage is calculated (Savage can evade an AWP headshot)

Not sure if this is right...

Before that huge CSS update, this used to be true with evasion and such, but now evasion also happens before the damage is calculated (Savage can evade an AWP headshot)

I think Wizard is special with it's shield. Also I think some races work differently on some things, but it used to commonly be: overkill it's health and evade won't work. I did get shot in the face with an awp yesterday though on wizard and survived, so what I just said isn't true anymore lol.

I think Wizard is special with it's shield. Also I think some races work differently on some things, but it used to commonly be: overkill it's health and evade won't work. I did get shot in the face with an awp yesterday though on wizard and survived, so what I just said isn't true anymore lol.

what is this i don't even

an awp headshot does 400+ damage, shield+HP is only about 200. How gross is that shield skill anyway?

it says it has 80% dmg reduction AND absorbs 100% of damage through armor first

446 awp hs dmg x .2 = 89.2dmg

theoretically 100hp and 7/sec regen with 80% dmg reduction should be equal to having 500hp with 35hp/sec regen but i have maxed the dmg reduction and the hp regen and i still die at around 200+ damage with the armor that is given on spawn, considering the shopmenu won't let me buy more. this leads me to believe the race is actually less powerful than described by raceinfo

dont ask me how i remember how much dmg an awp hs does

The thing is an AWP headshot will destroy all your armour.

+The Shield takes damage rather than your health. 80% of 125 armour is 100 and add the 10% bonus you get 210 health total. An Awp headshot > 210.

...thanks for shedding light on this situation xD

It is true. However Wizard is pretty much a sitting duck considering it's speed reduction so if you're a fast mover you can gun him down with ease. That's it's weakness.

Or just do what I do. Throw a crit nade at it.

It is true. However Wizard is pretty much a sitting duck considering it's speed reduction so if you're a fast mover you can gun him down with ease. That's it's weakness.

Or just do what I do. Throw a crit nade at it.

Good point Oracion

For a speed race plus 2 boots will donuts around it.

The thing about this race is that is really IS NOT as OP as people make it out to be. It's quite easy to kill if you just run and gun it fast. Just gotta team it or point blank the bitch down.

The thing about this race is that is really IS NOT as OP as people make it out to be. It's quite easy to kill if you just run and gun it fast. Just gotta team it or point blank the bitch down.

Some people can aim, though, it's not just running around it. The only race that has the potential to really annoy me while playing it is gryphon rider.

people just need to stop complaining about races they cant play yet. All they are doing is trying to balance other races around races they like to play

I don't really have much to say about this race other than I hate it when edge is on it and for some reason I do close to 200 dmg and he's still at perfect health.. pisses me off. Awped him in the face once and he survived to kill me with 100 life. Other than that, it's just another race. I will say that the length of time it takes to level it doesn't make it at all appealing to even try to level as I get bored of it quick.

All in all, the race is good, just boring to level.

Sign in to follow this