Sign in to follow this  
Goldentongue

Need quick missing map help.

Whenever the server changes to dm_richs_apt2beta, it tells me I'm missing the map and disconnects me.

I'm not the most computer savvy person, so if someone here could give me a quick walk-through on how to get the map and use it I'd be very appreciative.

Re-join. If that doesnt work then go to X:/Program Files OR Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/username/garrysmod/garrysmod/maps

Delete the map if you have it and try again

Download map here

Go to your steam directory

EG: G:\Steamgames\Steam\steamapps\irtheno\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps

( I think the default is something like C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps )

Place the .bsp file in the *\maps folder

You should be good to go.

Download and put it in your steam>steamapps>Username>Garrysmod>Garrysmod>Maps

It should download the cache/graph for the map when you go to connect, this is just the main map file.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U3A5CY6N

well fuck, double ninja'd lol.

^ that link is from my maps folder, as i couldnt get on garrysmod.org :x

Re-join. If that doesnt work then go to X:/Program Files OR Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/username/garrysmod/garrysmod/maps

Delete the map if you have it and try again

wrong bro. It means that either map is not on fast dl(likely), or the map is in .rar format.

Easy to just have him download it out of game :)

Ok. Was probably thinking of another problem :| Next time ill just leave it alone...

You were probably thinking of the error "Server map version does not match your map version" shit. In that case, yes you need to go and delete the map in your maps folder ;)

You were probably thinking of the error "Server map version does not match your map version" shit. In that case, yes you need to go and delete the map in your maps folder ;)

No the error says something like missing map and then you disconnect. It happens when you don't fully download a map and you will find a .bzip file in your map directory. You delete that and you should re-download it next time the map comes up.

The other possibility is the fastDL server was not synced. In that case a lot of people will have the same problem for the same map.