Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Revamp the GFX Team

Ok so something really needs to happen with the Graphics Team. There is so much action in the Graphics section, but no organization whatsoever. I know that Mayo, iAF, and I would be happy to moderate it or whatever... but something needs to be done. One cool idea is making the members of the GFX team part of a group on the forums, like Veterans, Elites, etc. But there can be a lot done with the GFX team to make it great. Even organized competitions would be cool...

Idk, just a thought, not saying that I should be the one of the people that runs it (although I would be happy to :P)

Why is organization necessary? So we can all post our occassional sigs in a more organized fashion? The GFX team doesn't really serve the community, it's more of an area on the forums where like-hobbyists go. I'm sure if any staff needs graphics they'll contact the appopriate users privately.

Why is organization necessary? So we can all post our occassional sigs in a more organized fashion? The GFX team doesn't really serve the community, it's more of an area on the forums where like-hobbyists go. I'm sure if any staff needs graphics they'll contact the appopriate users privately.

It has nothing to do with staff. The purpose of the GFX forum is to serve the community; making sigs for people is serving the community. Because of the boost of activity on that forum, I think that it should be organized a bit better. Just because it doesn't directly serve the entire community as a whole doesn't mean that it should go unnoticed.

And I am not talking about a huge revamp. Maybe just a mod or two, user groups, or a slight renovation.

Fatb0y is the head of the sG | Gfx Team :3

(at least I think so)

Clearly you would make a good mod.

And why is that?

I have definitely shown my dedication to the GFX team as of late.

But that isn't the point, I don't care if I am a mod or not. I would be happy to but if you don't think that I am fit then ok. I am sure mayo would be happy to do it.

To be clear, the disorganization is a result of the way the new forums were setup, by making the mapping squad and gfx forums as subforums of custom work, makes it a bit more confusing.

Tell me, Ace, how would you better organize the gfx forum? There was a steep decline in GFX forum activity only until relatively recently. Since there was a decline in both talent and interest, the GFX forum received little to no attention.

Currently, It is organized with gfx apps, sig requests/pickups, show of pieces and gfx tutorials. The GFX forum hasn't really changed over the years.

In regards to your ideas about gfx competitions, that was tried in the past with little to no success, namely because of the limited amount of people who can photoshop properly. Lastly, we are not making a gfx usergroup, just so you can have a pretty little color on your name, but then again you never applied to be in the GFX team, so even if there was usergroup, you aren't getting the pretty little color.

Hello, I've been making sigs for sG for about a month now. Due to my massive contribution to the clan as a whole, I would like to ask for forum moderation privileges, a group to show that I'm better than the average member, and a blow job. That is all, thanks for your time and have a good day.

Guest J_MaFia

If fatty is staff for sG cause of his ability to photo shop well, why not make mayo 1?

Hello, I've been making sigs for sG for about a month now. Due to my massive contribution to the clan as a whole, I would like to ask for forum moderation privileges, a group to show that I'm better than the average member, and a blow job. That is all, thanks for your time and have a good day.

There is really no need for forum moderation privileges; if so what would you use it for?. Your already classed as an SO should already feel privileged. lol

There is really no need for forum moderation privileges; if so what would you use it for?. Your already classed as an SO should already feel privileged. lol

Sarcasm brah

Guest J_MaFia
I didn't get staff because of my ability to photoshop.

Dohohooho

I didn't get staff because of my ability to photoshop.

1. Show me what you do as staff aside from photoshop work. I've asked how many times? You've still never shown me.

2. Not to be rude, but let me see you get that working Mr. Former Engineer.

3. Pretty sure I would rather have finished working on Shoutcast than move to a new platform. I'm not angry that GG switched over to Icecast at all, and I'm happy he got it all working. Personally, I didn't want to switch because we paid the $5 for the license fee and I put in the time I did working with Shoutcast.

4. See points 1-3.

Clays chart.

To be clear, the disorganization is a result of the way the new forums were setup, by making the mapping squad and gfx forums as subforums of custom work, makes it a bit more confusing.

Tell me, Ace, how would you better organize the gfx forum? There was a steep decline in GFX forum activity only until relatively recently. Since there was a decline in both talent and interest, the GFX forum received little to no attention.

Currently, It is organized with gfx apps, sig requests/pickups, show of pieces and gfx tutorials. The GFX forum hasn't really changed over the years.

In regards to your ideas about gfx competitions, that was tried in the past with little to no success, namely because of the limited amount of people who can photoshop properly. Lastly, we are not making a gfx usergroup.

Well first off, separate the two. Make the Mapping Squad and GFX Team two different forums but keep them in the same category (general discussion). This will make everything less clusterfuck-y and less confusing. Also, separate requests and pickups, it will also make things a little less confusing.

Instead of explaining myself through text, here is an example forum of how I think it should be:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/sgGFX/index.php?showforum=4

Mock me all you want, but I made this thread as a suggestion to better the graphics squad, not to benefit myself. I am completely fine not having moderator status and understand if you think that I am unfit, but I am willing to do the job if nobody else wants to. As for the user groups, again it's just a suggestion for all members of the Graphics Team... not a reason for me to stand out amongst regular members.