Sign in to follow this  
Clay

Poll: Syndicate Gaming League

Will you actually play? The response has been... lack-luster at best from those in charge, so I want to see if we can actually get some teams together and have some fun. If not, I'm willing to do something else event-based.

I want to get some community participation though, we're more or less just cliques of people that play on one or two servers and don't venture outside of there, save to go to the forums.

EDIT: For those that don't know, the Syndicate Gaming League (sGL) would be a competition where you get a 5 (up to 2 extras) man team together and do scrims. I have a server set up already, and am simply waiting to get the managerial end of things rolling before I launch it. I'd also like to compete, so I'm going to wait a couple weeks to see if any of my job offers come through so I can get my own internet connection.

EDIT 2: Updated poll. Oreo changed vote.

i would play or would offer a judging service where there are checks for illegal diffuses etc so rules are enforced!

I'm currently working out how I wanna do that, but there are definitely going to be judges.

It would never happen. Any plans with this community always fall through. It'll get all organized, but it won't happen. People get too lazy, too busy, or just start to get uninterested and not care.

There was SO much in plan last time, so much organization but for some reason it just never happened. Nothing ever happens. I was surprised to see the one give-a-way we actually had when we were supposed to start having them over a year ago.

I mean, last time, yeah we did have scrims like every night for like a month but. People started dying out and raging like babies.

That's why I made a poll. If enough people are interested, then I'll go through with it. If not, then I'll just say fuck it.

LFG.

Looking for respectable team.

I am unavailable 1000 to 2130 EST due to work until June 17, available ideally then from 2130 to 0300 to scrim or etc.

From June 18 to August 1 (or further), I am available almost all the time (rehabbing a leg).

in need of team.

point me in direction of official recruitment thread

As soon as I get the forums set up the way I want, I'll have Fatty make them public.

For everyone who hates on him, he's helping me out with this. So you can't say he doesn't do work. At least not all the time.

Anyways, I'm glad there's a pretty good response to this. It's not just restricted to clan members, so if you have friends who want to play, recruit em and get them on your roster! Ideally, I'd like to have everyone who's actually playing have a forum account as well.

But I digress. I'm going to start setting up the forums shortly, after I play some more Oblivion/halfquake and then I'll open up recruitment! I'm open to suggestions on when to start, but it can't be this week. I'm waiting on my job status (as I said above) but if I don't get one, I won't make you guys wait. I wanna help out the staff team. :3

Sign in to follow this