Sign in to follow this  
drunkula

A few maps for WCS1/2

Map Name: cs_office_extended

Server: wcs1/2

FPSBanana/DL Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?bqmcly7yl0b1cpa

Reason for addition: wcs loves cs_office. although i confess i'm not the biggest fan of cs_ maps i do believe this map would be a big hit in the servers. it offers a few more routes to choose, helping to eliminate the monotony of the same 2 chokepoints being contended for 30 rounds straight, while maintaining the coveted back hostage room's 2 entrances for the terrorists to camp out- if they so choose.

Map Name: de_aztec_ukcs_extended

Server: wcs1/2

FPSBanana/DL Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?9gn7xowjtd2dohl

Reason for addition: similar to the map above, sG wcs servers love aztec and this version expands on the original, adding more routes and replay value. in a long line of aztec remakes, this one stands out as the best. if the map looks too shiny when you first start, turn off hdr.

Map Name: de_contra

Server: ^^

FPSBanana/DL Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?h94dqezzm44ar6z

Reason for addition: this veteran league map offers enough size and balance that i feel it would be a good addition to the server. i fear that with the unfamiliarity of the name it may take some prodding to get the players to give it a shot, but i still think it would be worthwhile to take a chance to get a solid new map into rotation.

Map Name: de_dust2_unlimited

FPSBanana/DL Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?rxyv7rlaerffndo

Reason for addition: great mod of dust2, addition of "C" bombsite behind ct mid mountains, blah blah blah, etc.

Map Name: pg_westwoody_l33t

FPSBanana/DL Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?ii7lybwk58bc6gn

Reason for addition: I'm not entirely sure of the sG stance on using a map created by another clan, but seeing as how the current mod of westwood on wcs1 rotation is marred with {CD} Clever Dragons ads and names/sprays/hell even the names of the stores, the one quaint PG logo in this shouldn't bother anyone. This mod of westwood adds a bombsite and route opposite the original elbow choke with upper and lower connectors, making it shaped more of a circle than the original 90 degree L-shape of de_westwood. IMO this westwood map is far superior to the current 2 wcs1 is hosting, however i must add that it does not have a jukebox with which to play the ducktales theme song or any css rap.

So theres that. I know 4/5 of the maps I'm suggesting are mods of current hosted maps, but we all know the gamers on our servers are stubborn, and must be lulled into accepting new things - even if its better for them ;)

All the maps were tested for spawn points except for pg_westwoody_l33t, because somehow my cs went crazy and is limiting the teams to 12, even though the i have the variable set to 20...

I think we've previously had cs_office_extended and de_dust2_unlimited on WCS1.

The only map in that list that really interests me is de_contra.

yeah i know i'm opening up a can of worms by potentially giving double the amount of times we have to play those same maps, like when we play italy, office, then italy_tactic_whatever. but at least playing them would be more enjoyable.

contra interests you because you like it, or you want to try it? very awesome map.

also i've heard people on the servers asking why we didnt have, specifically, office extended. if they were already on the server do you know why they were removed?

yeah i know i'm opening up a can of worms by potentially giving double the amount of times we have to play those same maps, like when we play italy, office, then italy_tactic_whatever. but at least playing them would be more enjoyable.

contra interests you because you like it, or you want to try it? very awesome map.

It reminds me of the game Contra.

4/5 of those maps are extended maps.

Please, we don't need anymore.

Contra is fine though.

Not sure bout that.

I'd prefer that westwood than the one we currently have.

Obviously aztec extended would be nice, but the extended versions are not truly needed.

So basically, out of those 5, only want contra and the new westwood

we had de_contra on the map cycle before it was good dunno why it was removed

I thought it was still on server 2?

as i mentioned in my first post, i'm aware that 4/5 of the maps i put up were extensions of current maps. i dont see how they could negatively affect the server or server population, except for having to possibly play the same (style) map twice in a rotation, as we already do with cs_italy and cs_italy_tactik2. if you check the maps stats page for wcs1 here http://sg.gameme.com/maps/css5 you'll notice that out of the top 21 maps played, all but 4 of them are bundled with cs or extensions. also upon further inspection de_contra and de_dust2_unlimited both appear to have been played on wcs1. so theres that.

Ok, after being ingame a bit more today, i'd rather pop on these maps, since people seem to prefer the expanded versions than new original maps. So, i propose to do like we did with starwars, put it on for a bit, and get players response from it. If it is overall negative, remove them. If its neutral/positive leave them.

Also, since it isnt starwars, we will not have an issue with turbo physics !