Sign in to follow this  
BlackStone

A recent game of mine

I just won a game that made me feel like a 2cent whore...

I've been getting 10pooled by fgts, haven't been doing great about handling it :(

So I 10pool'd right back...and won...and felt terrible :(

Edit - you have a ranking number associated with your profile called "MMR" which essentially decides which league you are placed in. Every time you win/lose a match, your MMR will go up/down as a result. You play people relatively (I don't know the +/-, as Bzard won't show us our MMR:() close to your MMR, and the more you win, the higher your MMR. Within the division you're in, you gain points through wins, that's how you're seeded within the division. You win enough, you start playing people from the league above you (platinum), though I'm not sure what triggers a move-up to the next league...

Here's some more:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=118212

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=142211

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=169830

I can't bring myself to cheese..... but I hate it when it happens to me.

I don't like to cheese because then it doesn't represent how I really am at the game. But against Terran I will usually do early speedling/bling pressure and end up winning and it feels borderline.

well, I'm playing mostly gold terran, so they all just 4rax anyways...fgts - no choice but to up the (b)ling pressure :L

Well let me add that I hate Terran because their first unit (Marine/Zealot/Zergling are what I consider first units) is the only one of the three that is ranged and usually rapes everything. MMM is like the only strategy that actually makes me mad to get beaten by, well that and cheeses.

A marine walks into a bar and asks "Hey, where's the counter?"

banelings yo. easy as pie. I burrow so many banelings against these chilluns (unless they 4rax me -.- no time) and they're not good enough to realize what's going on when their tanks are suddenly all alone.

(b)ling/roach/muta vs. MMM - I will take zerg plz. As long as you can harass medivacs or keep them in/near their base for fear of leaving it exposed, you can outmacro them easy. that's what I do onceI get past stupid early game pressures...

banelings yo. easy as pie. I burrow so many banelings against these chilluns (unless they 4rax me -.- no time) and they're not good enough to realize what's going on when their tanks are suddenly all alone.

(b)ling/roach/muta vs. MMM - I will take zerg plz. As long as you can harass medivacs or keep them in/near their base for fear of leaving it exposed, you can outmacro them easy. that's what I do onceI get past stupid early game pressures...

I always look against MMM. They just seem to get it so quickly that my army size isn't big enough.