Sign in to follow this  
Dyscivist

Ted's Caving Page

Read the whole thing, and while you can obviously tell it's fake, the pictures provide a realness to it that makes it way creepier.

And while I got to the end and definitely wanted to know the details of their final trip to the cave, I think it was a good place to end it.

Read the whole thing, and while you can obviously tell it's fake, the pictures provide a realness to it that makes it way creepier.

And while I got to the end and definitely wanted to know the details of their final trip to the cave, I think it was a good place to end it.

2001: Family and friends, I promise to come back and keep you informed. Wish me luck in Mystery Cave.

2011: HOLY SHIT IT WAS A ANCIENT MONSTAR HE KEPT US IN JAILL FOR TEN YERS ZOMG I COULDNT GET 3G SERVIC IN THER SO I HAD TO COME OUT AND FINISH MYDIAREE -Ted

You're forgetting the reading level of the good majority of this clan.

I thought you knew me better...

As I would say:

"Fuck the majority of this clan."

Damn me and my inability to read anything longer than ~100 words.

I just finished it, and I want the last 45 minutes of my life back.

Boring as hell, and stupid ending. It was very well written as far as the description and detail, but the story itself... yawn.

Maybe it's because I am fairly comfortable in small spaces, have gone spelunking in small caves like this (not those big touristy caverns, but actual middle of nowhere crawl on your chest no room to maneuver caves), and don't believe in superstitious stuff, but it did nothing for me.

Edit: I will now give you your 1000th thank.

I just finished it, and I want the last 45 minutes of my life back.

Boring as hell, and stupid ending. It was very well written as far as the description and detail, but the story itself... yawn.

Maybe it's because I am fairly comfortable in small spaces, have gone spelunking in small caves like this (not those big touristy caverns, but actual middle of nowhere crawl on your chest no room to maneuver caves), and don't believe in superstitious stuff, but it did nothing for me.

I'm not superstitious in the slightest but I don't find it particularly difficult to suspend disbelief for a story I obviously know is fake in order to get more immersed. The creepy nature of this story is also, for me at least, accentuated by the fact that I'm somewhat claustrophobic and the picture and description of the guy squeezing through the cave skeeves me out immensely.

GT is just such a badass, nothing ever phases him, and he's too cool for school stories.

grats bro.

Still Doesn't give him the right to act all self righteous.

Anyway.

Very interesting story. Great buildup and perfect end point. Honestly, one of the best above average horror stories I've read in a long time.

I'm not superstitious in the slightest but I don't find it particularly difficult to suspend disbelief for a story I obviously know is fake in order to get more immersed. The creepy nature of this story is also, for me at least, accentuated by the fact that I'm somewhat claustrophobic and the picture and description of the guy squeezing through the cave skeeves me out immensely.

I can understand getting that feeling if you have a fear like that. I don't. I enjoy a good scary movie now and again, but very few startle or frighten me at all. This just never really seemed to go anywhere for me. From the beginning, I knew something supernatural/unbelievable would happen because I read the first page of this thread. Then halfway through you learn that they hear noises, so something else must be there. It never really seems to go much further than that, even to the end. He hears stuff, some rock gets moved, he freaks out.

GT is just such a badass, nothing ever phases him, and he's too cool for school stories.

grats bro.

U jelly?

Still Doesn't give him the right to act all self righteous.

?

I'm not. I read the whole thing with an open mind and good expectations. I thought the writing was excellent and it was well done, I just didn't find the enjoyment or intrigue other people got from the story. I knew Dojima was on the fence about whether or not he should spend the time reading it, and considering he and I often analyze things in a similar fashion, I thought I'd share my opinion.

Don't worry, GT is just Cynical.

On the SEVERELY off chance this is real, hot damn.

Yeah, I'll agree with you there. And it's not.

Also, if anyone has any interest in going caving, or "spelunking" as it's sometimes called, see if there are any opportunities in your area with a well trained small group of people. Exploring a fairly unknown cave is an awesome and very memorable experience, and there are a lot more caves like this in the world than people realize. I've gone a few times in the last few years, but not nearly as much as I'd like to. Hopefully I'll get back into it sometime soon.

I can understand getting that feeling if you have a fear like that. I don't. I enjoy a good scary movie now and again, but very few startle or frighten me at all. This just never really seemed to go anywhere for me. From the beginning, I knew something supernatural/unbelievable would happen because I read the first page of this thread. Then halfway through you learn that they hear noises, so something else must be there. It never really seems to go much further than that, even to the end. He hears stuff, some rock gets moved, he freaks out.

I personally would have found it a lot less scary had they given a direct description of some sort of supernatural entity that had been plaguing them. The ambiguity of the origin of the phenominon helps me in my suspension of disbelief.

I know I would find this story much more benign if I didn't have some claustrophobic tendencies. The idea of something supernatural making noise and the like isn't particularly scary, but when combined with my fear of closed spaces (especially to the extreme extent they go to in this story) it gets really creepy to me.