Sign in to follow this  
Marine

One step closer to curing H.I.V.

Very interesting, and I wonder if it will last or have any unseen consequences. However, this seems like it might take awhile to look into considering a few countries (the U.S.) are not the biggest supporters of stem cell research.

Thoughts, guys?

I was just wondering how much closer we might be to curing your grammar :\

<3

OT: Though I hate to be the negative nancy (who am I kidding, no I don't...), it only provides a glimmer of hope - turning that result into a cure is a long way away, but it is a sign of progress, which is always good with these things.

I'm sure there's a blood test you could take, but it's probably expensive.

The X Prize foundation will award $10,000,000 to whomever can create a DNA Sequencing process which would cost the consumer only $10,000

So current models MUST be cheap :)

<3

I've heard stories of children [those who inherited HIV from parents] outliving their HIV, to the point where it is either gone or undetectable. A cure would be miraculous, but like what Oreo said, if those HIV mother fuckers evolve and become immune to the cure, we will be 10 steps behind where we are now.

Masa The delta 32 gene makes it so the virus can replicate inside of your body IE it just lies dormant and causes you no harm. But being born with the delta-32 is rare

but like what Oreo said, if those HIV mother fuckers evolve and become immune to the cure, we will be 10 steps behind where we are now.

I think that HIV mutates or 'evolves' all the time. Thats why it's so hard to cure

Meh anything from yahoo news I find far fetched they had an article a year ago saying that canadians on average had about 1m to spend on housing claiming some bs about buying a 300,000 house in Florida vs buying a 700,000 house in Canada. That article got taken down in a week

I wouldn't mind there being a cure out for AIDS. I'm more curious how much the companies that make meds for it will try to stop it from coming out though. That's a huge profit loss for them if they can't sell meds anymore...

Not to mention foundations won't be happy they can't get money for their "foundations" as is.