Sign in to follow this  
Ponder

Windows 8

Ohhh. nvm

That kind. When i think of an htpc i think of the prebuilt ones that are almost a ripoff of an iMac and are touchscreen. my bad, htpc's are actually the ones you describe. I just never work with them or used one.

This is what i was thinking of: desktop-inspiron-one-2305-left-hero-504x350-v2.png

When I first heard some Windows 8 rumors I thought it would be pretty cool. Then of course I read about it this week...

It looks like the god damn windows 7 phone layout. And I HATE windows 7 phones (was gonna get one, got a samsung captivate. Mom got one recently, played around with it, wanted to break it because I hate it so much). I think that the tile idea is pretty dumb and I don't want my computer to emulate a windows 7 phone. If I want apps that check the weather, I would use my phone app or I would check the internet, not a dumb tile on my desktop screen.

Hopefully I'm wrong and 8 turns out to be very good but for now, I don't think it will be very good.

So what he's saying is, Windows should be a Mac clone.

If they decided to port the DX libraries to run natively on UNIX, or provided a (nearly) perfect DX to OGL pass-through layer, I would pay $100 for it. That would be the first, and only M$ product I ever buy.

That's the entire reason Windows dominates the market. They over-marketed DX to developers and threw the standard from OGL to DX, causing Linux gaming to fall to the wayside. If DX wasn't the current standard, Linux would be my only OS, but instead, I have to deal with Windows. OGL has more than enough to beat DX, but developers don't use it because writing a rendering engine that uses two completely different libraries is more of a pain in the ass now with all the special effects being implemented in to games, and DX guarantees you market share.

It more boils down to whether the market would like to see a game that says "With OpenGL 4.1 support" or "With DirectX 11 support". Obviously, retards who buy Alienwares and pre-builts (the majority of the PC gaming market) are going to jump on the latter because 11 is bigger than 4.1, and DirectX is what they know.

Whysoangreh@me?! We're on the same side... :(

I'm just saying I only use my windows machines because I game on them. alot. all the time.

I has a linux, I has a mac. I'm just saying I'm done buying new microcrap because of the direction the OS is going...and it isn't a good one for my gamesez.