Sign in to follow this  
Frosted Butts

Oh well...

Yeah, MacOS is a more secure OS, but it's not as though it's somehow virus proof. Largely, people just don't bother making viruses for it.

Yeah, MacOS is a more secure OS, but it's not as though it's somehow virus proof. Largely, people just don't bother making viruses for it.

So true, I wish more people would realize this.

Though as the Mac population increases so will the number of programs targeting the Mac franchise. I'm sure in the next little while we will see more and more of this.

I exclusively use Windows and I haven't had a virus since I was a wee tot, mainly due to the AV program Common Sense 2011.

Same. My friend gets viruses every few months, and I have to come over and fix it for him. I honestly have no idea how he does it.

Same. My friend gets viruses every few months, and I have to come over and fix it for him. I honestly have no idea how he does it.

Can't control his clicks on dirty, dirty websites. :P

I have two friends that use a Mac, one loves it the other hates it.

I myself use PC, and probably always will.

PC =/= Windows

Mac' are personal computers too.

Also, Fedora ftw.

You're right, Macs are overpriced pieces of shit that are attached with the "Oh it's a Mac it can't get a virus" stereotype.

most of my co-workers are kinda like this, they just click and click, and then click some more...

they don't have a clue how these 'things' get on their computer, but if you look at the history, usually that says alot.

last time I was actually infected with a virus was about 3-4 years ago, when I downloaded (and trusted for some reason unknown to me now) an infected video codec addon.... first (and last) real virus I ever had.

now if I don't trust something I either: don't download it, or just download it and then scan it, before running it. Trust the sites you go to, use common sense, and you should be fine.

Also most of these viruses and malware are so easy to get off, all you need is to google the name of it, and it will (most of the time) give you step by step instructions.... I don't know why people still bring their computer into repair shops (like geek squad ect....) and get charged hundreds of dollars, and all they do is a clean install because they are too lazy (and maybe busy) to actually remove the issue....

I'm surprised that a virus finally did hit the mac.. I thought it would have been sooner.

Viruses for mac have been out for a long time, it's just that now people have decided to put as much effort into getting them to circulate as they do for Windows viruses.

PC =/= Windows

Mac' are personal computers too.

Also, Fedora ftw.

PC tends to be associated with Windows, so I'll use that term until people no longer understand it.

Yeah, ]MacOS is a more secure OS, but it's not as though it's somehow virus proof. Largely, people just don't bother making viruses for it.

More like nobody bothered to make viruses for Macs since the amount of people using Windows far outnumber Mac users.

You should ask where he goes on the internet some time, don't be surprised if it is something illegal.

More like nobody bothered to make viruses for Macs since the amount of people using Windows far outnumber Mac users.

Which is what I said in the latter part of my post. And it is a more secure OS.

All you need is a current scription to Mcafee and it finds/removes viruses for you. Its gg. And PC shits all over Macs in power/gaming.

There must be a world of difference with the boxed version. My university employs mandatory 'complimentary' Mcafee, and it is god awful. In fact, they blocked me off the internet yesterday, so I couldn't update Malwarebytes (which, btw, if you dont have it, get it). I figured Mcafee would be the way to go, and the help desk guy says "Just turn it off, it wont catch anything."

Herp derps, the lot of 'em :)