Sign in to follow this  
Aero

Lord of the Pit

Could I get a a clarification by someone with authority as to what exactly is being done with this situation because I have been playing all day today and I'm tired of hearing all the complaining about this issue, and it would be FANTASTIC to have a place we could point to in the forums as to whether or not there is currently a rule restricting lotp from shottys.

Could I get a a clarification by someone with authority as to what exactly is being done with this situation because I have been playing all day today and I'm tired of hearing all the complaining about this issue, and it would be FANTASTIC to have a place we could point to in the forums as to whether or not there is currently a rule restricting lotp from shottys.

As far as I know, Oracion apparently made an executive order about it being illegal; however, the MOTD hasn't been updated yet, nor have shotguns been restricted.

Buy shopmenu items when you're still alive.

Only thing that you could buy that would carry over would be experience.

Suiciding gets rid of weapons, all upgrades you buy from shopmenu, and money.

Suiciding gets rid of weapons, all upgrades you buy from shopmenu, and money.

I haven't played WCS1 in forever (you probably know that), but I coulda swore that suicides keeps your shopmenu items.

I haven't played WCS1 in forever (you probably know that), but I coulda swore that suicides keeps your shopmenu items.

Deaths by objective do, not by suicide.

i thought the suicide script was only on wcs2 and suicides in source 1 were fine

Nope. It was implemented when some guy was committing suicide every round and betting.

As far as I know, Oracion apparently made an executive order about it being illegal; however, the MOTD hasn't been updated yet, nor have shotguns been restricted.

What you just said. Just for the meantime at least. Perma-buried just gays shit up hardcore.

Been a while, is there anything taken to either fix this or restrict shotties?

No there is not. Me and water tested this the other day on de_aztec. We were wondering if it had been fixed, so i told him to go shotgun so we could test it. Nope, still perma buries like a mofo.

The only thing done for now is to verbally tell people to not use shotgun on that race, as it is abusing a glitch and you can get banned for it( just to scare them not to :X) Other than that, nothing has been done.

No there is not. Me and water tested this the other day on de_aztec. We were wondering if it had been fixed, so i told him to go shotgun so we could test it. Nope, still perma buries like a mofo.

The only thing done for now is to verbally tell people to not use shotgun on that race, as it is abusing a glitch and you can get banned for it( just to scare them not to :X) Other than that, nothing has been done.

I'm surprised Yiyas hasn't fixed it yet since he can restrict weapons on a race. Oh well. Keep enforcing the no-shotgun rule on LotP

I'm surprised Yiyas hasn't fixed it yet since he can restrict weapons on a race. Oh well. Keep enforcing the no-shotgun rule on LotP

it's just that lotp also perma buries randomlly as well. its just most apparent with shotgun.

I do believe mimic got perma buried with a deagle at one point.

it's just that lotp also perma buries randomlly as well. its just most apparent with shotgun.

I do believe mimic got perma buried with a deagle at one point.

That was me, maybe mimic too but it happens with all guns. It's balls.

That was me, maybe mimic too but it happens with all guns. It's balls.

yeah, basically the issue is not shotguns, its the bury function of the race.

It's much more predominant with a shotgun due to it's ability to double proc. With weapons that only have a chance to proc once per hit; however, it usually takes "uneven ground" to permanently bury somebody. For example, a small hill of snow can cause this to happen.

Perhaps we should look into the shopmenu item claw of attack to see if that will also proc a bury. If it does also that could be a reason why players get perma buried on other races.

As Mimic has been saying, it happens most often with the shotgun. However, if the bury procs on you while you are already buried, you will become perma buried. The race needs to be put as private and fixxed up. Its getting extremely obnoxious. TvK11 has been playing the race this morning while i was playing. Almost everytime he shot me a few times, i would get perma buried. And no, he wasn't using a shotgun or a high fire rate SMG.

Sign in to follow this