Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Twitter

I use it to aggregate news and information from various people that also use it. Mostly SC2 pros and casters, WSJ, Guardian, David Thorne. I don't use it to post anything.

If you had an sG Twitter, it would be a nice way to get information out to several people instantly. I feel like it would be easier to track people who subscribe to our Twitter vs. our blog too, and easier for people to subscribe to us and check the posts regularly.

I feel like all the cool trackers have one and use it.

Then again, we don't really need one if we have the blog.

EDIT: Just saw our blog, we should get a twitter.

i agree with junzou a sG twitter would be helpful. especially if the forums go down or something. it would be a nicee way to get updates or ask questions....................................

..........and we can follow our favorite celebrities

i agree with junzou a sG twitter would be helpful. especially if the forums go down or something. it would be a nicee way to get updates or ask questions............................................and we can follow our favorite celebrities

Deffinately dis

AND FUCK THE FUCKING ENTERSSSS

The appeal is to make it seem to people you can spell even worse each single day in under a couple hundred characters therefore growing stupider by the day while seeing who can identify what kind of mental degeneration you are entering

If yu can udersnatd tihs its adlreay sartetd

And let's not forget all the free PIP that comes with twitter!

and tansen...no, thats not due to mental degeneration to be able to read that, its actually a function of the brain to be able to read that so long as the 1st and last letters are in their proper place. your brain will automatically sort it out into something that makes sense.

and tansen...no, thats not due to mental degeneration to be able to read that, its actually a function of the brain to be able to read that so long as the 1st and last letters are in their proper place. your brain will automatically sort it out into something that makes sense.

That's an email circulated myth with very little truth to it. Vowels for the most part have to be in the proper order, and even consonants can't be to far from their proper location (when reading Tansen's sentence, most people will trip over the word "adlreay".)

When the order is completely randomized, the words really do become completely incomprehensible. See for yourself:

http://oohshiny.net/playground/switcharoo/

You'll be able to read things, but it will take some effort and very soon get tedious.

As for the "Cambridge University" study that claimed to discover this phenomenon: it never happened.

Don't worry, being fooled by internet goofyness is better than looking like a complete dunderfuck, as Tansen does in his post. He claims to care about the legibility of writings when his first "sentence" made even less sense than the second one.

Honestly, I use twitter to follow soshified.com to get all my SNSD news. Oh and I use it to follow Korean pop stars.

As for the blog, the posts that are on the blog are equivalent to those of twitter posts. Just sayin'.

We're using Wordpress. Add a Twitter Auto-update plugin.

Someone already has @syndicategamers. Who was managing ZM in late 09?

That's an email circulated myth with very little truth to it. Vowels for the most part have to be in the proper order, and even consonants can't be to far from their proper location (when reading Tansen's sentence, most people will trip over the word "adlreay".)

When the order is completely randomized, the words really do become completely incomprehensible. See for yourself:

http://oohshiny.net/playground/switcharoo/

You'll be able to read things, but it will take some effort and very soon get tedious.

As for the "Cambridge University" study that claimed to discover this phenomenon: it never happened.

Don't worry, being fooled by internet goofyness is better than looking like a complete dunderfuck, as Tansen does in his post. He claims to care about the legibility of writings when his first "sentence" made even less sense than the second one.

Well then, maybe it's just my brain that puts them in order and lets me read them...

We're using Wordpress. Add a Twitter Auto-update plugin.

Someone already has @syndicategamers. Who was managing ZM in late 09?

Could always do like @sgclan or something.

Yeah, I mean a blog is great, but only if it's going to have meaningful posts imo. If it's just going to be like MEETING IN TS RIGHT NAO LETS GO! then just use a twitter.

I use it to aggregate news and information from various people that also use it. Mostly SC2 pros and casters, WSJ, Guardian, David Thorne. I don't use it to post anything.

If you had an sG Twitter, it would be a nice way to get information out to several people instantly. I feel like it would be easier to track people who subscribe to our Twitter vs. our blog too, and easier for people to subscribe to us and check the posts regularly.

WE FOLLOW THE SAME PEOPLE. <3

Why dont we, oh i dont know; keep all info and announcements on this site?

Have we really had that big of a problem communicating to our members?

The purpose of the blog is to provide a way for the community to get updates if the main website is ever down.

You remember being kept in the dark when our forum database crashed or when Jason was fixing shit that took longer than we expected? Yeah. That's why we have the blog.

I use Twitter mainly to keep in contact with a lot of people, but if sG were to adopt an official Twitter, our personal information policy would have to be greatly revised (if you follow us, your real name is shown to the public - many PIP rules can be exploited there). I like the blog, and people who are tech-smart enough know how to use RSS so they can get e-mail updates or a little pop-up on their computer/phone every time there is a new blog post.

Blog > Twitter. That's just me from a couple years of web experience and communities.

And let's not forget all the free PIP that comes with twitter!

This.

Lets stick with the blog. It works better than twitter imo.

Blog>Twitter