Sign in to follow this  
I <3 People of Color

Just picked this up

Nice!

First of all, as your basic RTS you would enjoy playing some of the campaign. At the very least play the first couple of missions, it will get you started on basic controls, resource collection, and fighting.

After that, play a lot of AI custom matches, this will get you used to all three races, as well as their tech trees, units, buildings, etc. It will also measure your progression as you become more experienced with the game.

After that you should have a basic understanding of what Starcraft is, and whether you actually like it or not ;). From here on, try watching some of these videos:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104154

, particularly the ones called Newbie Tuesday episodes. Start from the ones further down the list and go up. This will get you into competitive multiplayer, and allow you to understand the fundamentals of macro play, micro play, and overall strategy.

Once you start watching these videos feel free to jump onto online multiplayer, take your qualifiers, and start blazing your way through the leagues.

Good luck, have fun, and welcome to one of the best games ever made :)

After that you should have a basic understanding of what Starcraft is, and whether you actually like it or not ;). From here on, try watching some of these

Oh trust me that won't be a problem. I got interested in getting this a few months ago and prolonged it because I didn't want to get absorbed into another game (but as we can see temptation got me)

Nice!

First of all, as your basic RTS you would enjoy playing some of the campaign. At the very least play the first couple of missions, it will get you started on basic controls, resource collection, and fighting.

After that, play a lot of AI custom matches, this will get you used to all three races, as well as their tech trees, units, buildings, etc. It will also measure your progression as you become more experienced with the game.

After that you should have a basic understanding of what Starcraft is, and whether you actually like it or not ;). From here on, try watching some of these videos:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104154

, particularly the ones called Newbie Tuesday episodes. Start from the ones further down the list and go up. This will get you into competitive multiplayer, and allow you to understand the fundamentals of macro play, micro play, and overall strategy.

Once you start watching these videos feel free to jump onto online multiplayer, take your qualifiers, and start blazing your way through the leagues.

Good luck, have fun, and welcome to one of the best games ever made :)

Good post : D

Honestly for the first few games try all 3 races. Try out their different units and tiers. Each play pretty differently and you may never know which you will enjoy the most. Play free form a bit, and then immerse yourself in the builds.

Honestly for the first few games try all 3 races. Try out their different units and tiers. Each play pretty differently and you may never know which you will enjoy the most. Play free form a bit, and then immerse yourself in the builds.

Yea based off of just playstyle I think I'm either going to pick Protoss or Zerg. I like how Zerg plays but I don't like the loss they take from their map control.

FUCK YEAH! Beat a medium AI!

Master League, bring it on.

I dominated easy AI with a friend. It was 2v3 and he controlled 2 armies (as it was normally 3v3) but he made me do most of the work since I was new.

Oh and Lopez, we should play some leagues some time. I haven't played in 2 weeks or so but I've gotten a hell of a lot better.