Sign in to follow this  
Zoxopirezox Jared

end of the world, saturday.

I think we all deserve to get one free shot at everyone who preached this shit.

Why? You and everyone else who didn't follow Camping's ideology aren't affected. And even those who did, perhaps this experience liberated them from something that was holding them down. I'm optimistic. Anything that causes someone to question their faith is a good thing. It causes them to either recognize they never believed it, or consolidates their faith to be even stronger. Families who abandoned their responsibilities for this perhaps will now realize that theres a lot more to live for than previously assumed.

The people who believed this and went out to spread the message shouldn't be mocked. If anything they should be praised for their courage to go against all of the insults and mocking in order to spread it. If the rapture actually happened I would view them as heroes for giving away everything they had in the name of greater good.

Why? You and everyone else who didn't follow Camping's ideology aren't affected. And even those who did, perhaps this experience liberated them from something that was holding them down. I'm optimistic. Anything that causes someone to question their faith is a good thing. It causes them to either recognize they never believed it, or consolidates their faith to be even stronger. Families who abandoned their responsibilities for this perhaps will now realize that theres a lot more to live for than previously assumed.

This would make sense if there was absolutely ANY reason to believe the person claiming the end of the world was near...however, there was absolutely NO reason to believe the idiot who has struck out a 3rd time now.

The people who believed this and went out to spread the message shouldn't be mocked. If anything they should be praised for their courage to go against all of the insults and mocking in order to spread it. If the rapture actually happened I would view them as heroes for giving away everything they had in the name of greater good.

If the rapture actually happened, you wouldn't view them as anything because you would be dead, and what greater good? Telling everybody they're going to die doesn't serve any good at all unless you can prove it. He suckered millions of people for a 3rd time now.

What? Preaching your beliefs doesn't automatically make you some sort of icon. It was the greater good to them, not the clear greater good that we all understand.