Sign in to follow this  
fatb0y

Syndicate Gamers Logo Contest! [Voting]

As I am with the odd smoking and fedora theme..

I've moved away from that already.

Anyways, was just saying I could make other d00dz that are similar if staff wanted stuff for servers/motds/etc (for continuity's sake). And it's far from anime lol..

Anime or not, I simply am starting to not like them. It's starting to get too "kiddy" to me.

I'm really getting turned off by the anime style renderings.

This.

Having a cartoonized logo or brand will bring in more 10 year olds into the clan.

I really like the zombie design, but out of all the designs I will say the wcs one does look a little too anime-ish and we don't want people thinking this is just some huge anime community I would facepalm.

The cartoon-y designs I like though, keep it up :3

I really like the zombie design, but out of all the designs I will say the wcs one does look a little too anime-ish and we don't want people thinking this is just some huge anime community I would facepalm.

The cartoon-y designs I like though, keep it up :3

It's anime-ish.. because wc3 is anime-ish.. There's absolutely NOTHING different between that and the others except she's riding a damn tiger and has elf ears (AKA NIGHT ELF FROM WC3 WHICH THE MOD IS BASED ON).

I'm not saying that these will even be made, just saying I'd be willing to draw up other things if the occasion arises. Also, "renderings?" (To me, this implies that there are more than one cartoon submissions). There is only one cartoon submission on here and that is mine. It's the same character juxtaposed on different things.

Also, I don't see how having a cartoon logo will bring in more 10 year olds.. Jailbreak does plenty of that for us already.

It's anime-ish.. because wc3 is anime-ish.. There's absolutely NOTHING different between that and the others except she's riding a damn tiger and has elf ears (AKA NIGHT ELF FROM WC3 WHICH THE MOD IS BASED ON).

I'm not saying that these will even be made, just saying I'd be willing to draw up other things if the occasion arises. Also, "renderings?" (To me, this implies that there are more than one cartoon submissions). There is only one cartoon submission on here and that is mine. It's the same character juxtaposed on different things.

Also, I don't see how having a cartoon logo will bring in more 10 year olds.. Jailbreak does plenty of that for us already.

The cartoon look also shows how mature our clan is.

The cartoon look also shows how mature our clan is.

That's like saying up or wall-e weren't amazing movies because they were cartoons and thus are not for adults.

Cartoon != immature. Have you seen Archer? It's a cartoon. Is it for kids? Nah. How about Family Guy? Don't think 10 year olds should be watching that one either.

I'm not going for personal attacks or anything, I just fail to see how having a cartoon logo would reflect the maturity of this clan.

Edit: I feel like the players will reflect the maturity of this clan more than a logo ever could.

What Balthazar said above.

Evergreen's rendering of Jiyeon's character is fantastic with the flat colours, it fits the style perfectly - please do not add textures to it, if chosen.

That's like saying up or wall-e weren't amazing movies because they were cartoons and thus are not for adults.

Cartoon != immature. Have you seen Archer? It's a cartoon. Is it for kids? Nah. How about Family Guy? Don't think 10 year olds should be watching that one either.

I'm not going for personal attacks or anything, I just fail to see how having a cartoon logo would reflect the maturity of this clan.

I think there is a gigantic difference between the drawings you have created and archer/family guy/south park/simpsons. Actually, there is a big difference.

Nobody said a "cartoon" type image wouldn't be appropriate. It is simply the ones you have drawn that some, including myself, do not like or find appropriate for the clan. There will be plenty of those who disagree with me, and some who agree. That shouldn't be a surprise.

I think there is a gigantic difference between the drawings you have created and archer/family guy/south park/simpsons. Actually, there is a big difference.

Nobody said a "cartoon" type image wouldn't be appropriate. It is simply the ones you have drawn that some, including myself, do not like or find appropriate for the clan. There will be plenty of those who disagree with me, and some who agree. That shouldn't be a surprise.

1. there really isn't that big of a difference, perhaps for archer, but for the other 3? not really. South park was originally made from paper cuts. Their character design is pretty terrible. With all those cartoons it's more the content than the cartoon.

2. Always just said a cartoon image would reflect us as being immature and would draw 10 year olds to the clan. So yeah, someone did say a cartoon type image wouldn't be appropriate.

1. there really isn't that big of a difference, perhaps for archer, but for the other 3? not really. South park was originally made from paper cuts. Their character design is pretty terrible. With all those cartoons it's more the content than the cartoon.

2. Always just said a cartoon image would reflect us as being immature and would draw 10 year olds to the clan. So yeah, someone did say a cartoon type image wouldn't be appropriate.

The obvious solution is to draw your design as a cartoon and put a fedora on their head and a smoking tommy gun in his hand to show how we have a lighter side but are also mature.

trollface.jpg

The obvious solution is to draw your design as a cartoon and put a fedora on their head and a smoking tommy gun in his hand to show how we have a lighter side but are also mature.

trollface.jpg

I will do that when I get out of class in 2 hours.

That's the point. Your logos don't talk. They don't have a plot. They are simply a graphic representation.

Well alrighty, and that is his opinion. It is all about context when it comes to the "cartoon" look, and when it is simply a graphic it has to explain the context by itself.

Next, it needs texture.
…please do not add textures to it, if chosen.
I want to clarify that 1. I don't believe a logo should have so many colors, 2. I didn't suggest printing a textured version on a shirt, and 3. I didn't suggest using one officially (in a MOTD for example).

I only want to see a photo-realistic depiction of the little guy.

it did have potential but now I think I agree with Christmas it's becoming over baring on the whole cartoon thing. so inb4 more promotion of a chibi anime logos

21.png

I really should have done an entry lmao; damn my lazy ways.

haha, same. I was going to make a real entry but never did.

Still like the logo on the MOTD best.

@Christmas: I was directing all of those posts at Always who was relating having a cartoon logo to maturity. I do understand that a logo does not speak, but if you saw pictures of archer/family guy/the simpsons/south park you would have no idea of their content unless you've watched it before or have heard of it before so your argument is some what irrelevant because then in the same manner you could say that you have to play on SG to see what we're really all about. Either way, I get your point and I am quite done debating the kiddyness of my logo. Yes, it's meant to be cute, but I do not think that it detracts from us being a gaming community, thus why it's modeled after the CS dude.

@"they are becoming over baring" - There is only one logo in submission here that is a cartoon, disregard my other sketches as I was just saying that I COULD draw other stuff should the staff WANT IT. Those are not the entries and won't even necessarily come into fruition.

@Dojima I think we all (most of us anyways) do.

Also, I'm kind of tired of people trying to relate the logo to representing the clan. Logos rarely represent the thing that they are marketing. The mcdonald's arches don't point to food, "Google" doesn't show that it's a huge corporation that has its hand in literally EVERYTHING. "HBO" doesn't say that we are a premium movie channel provider for cable/satellite. Just sayin'.

Also, I'm kind of tired of people trying to relate the logo to representing the clan. Logos rarely represent the thing that they are marketing. The mcdonald's arches don't point to food, "Google" doesn't show that it's a huge corporation that has its hand in literally EVERYTHING. "HBO" doesn't say that we are a premium movie channel provider for cable/satellite. Just sayin'.

However none of them depict "Cute". there really isn't anything "Cute" about sG.

However none of them depict "Cute". there really isn't anything "Cute" about sG.

shut the fuck up.. i'm fucking adorable

Point proven

lols, just a joke.. but there's seriously nothing wrong with jiyeon's lil cs:s guy. It's not a big deal that he looks a little anime-ish

Well gee, it's not like a chibi logo is going to sway people into an idea of what the clan represents.

Or that the comparisons you made were acronyms, not actual objects (other than the golden arches which still signifies a letter).

For a gaming clan, I don't like the abnormal head, cute little cs guy. It is like we are planning on creating a sitcom with a cute, lovable terrorist that he interacts with.

It is like we are planning on creating a sitcom with a cute, lovable terrorist that he interacts with.

Ooh! Can we do that?

Well gee, it's not like a chibi logo is going to sway people into an idea of what the clan represents.

Or that the comparisons you made were acronyms, not actual objects (other than the golden arches which still signifies a letter).

For a gaming clan, I don't like the abnormal head, cute little cs guy. It is like we are planning on creating a sitcom with a cute, lovable terrorist that he interacts with.

That wasn't my point. My point was that people are trying to find representation in the logo (isn't that why you and always both did mafia themes? to show that we are "casual" somehow by smoking and "syndicate" with teh fedora?) I am saying that a logo doesn't have to necessarily represent the thing behind it like people are trying to do. Thus why I gave examples of companies whose logos have nothing to do with their product. This applies to text, and I understand you are saying my logo isn't a text and thus this cannot be applied in the same manner. This point was more general than focusing on my own logo btw.

Secondly, for you, you wouldn't like some cartoon character for the logo. For me, I don't want some crappy looking text with an outer glow that took 30 seconds to make for the logo which is what a lot of these are. I do like Always' edit that he posted in the thread earlier that doesn't have the hat or smoke or weird fingers.