Sign in to follow this  
Robert Timecock

4Gating

Is the shit. Easy to do, high success rate, and it often creates interesting games if your opponent manages to hold you off. Anybody else like to do this?

(If you don't know, 4gating is rushing to get 4 gateways and Warp Gate so you can warp a consistent stream of stalkers, zealots, or sentries into their base via a pylon at their expansion or somewhere near their base)

Pretty sure a lot of people have studied this or something. It was found that you could maintain warping in 4 units max per cooldown of the gates. So it just uses your resources the best instead of having them sit there, and not Having warp gates without enough mimerals.That's my guess.

annnnnd it's getting nerfed next patch.

GG

That would be retarded as hell. It's not overpowered, most people just don't know how to deal with it. (At least in Gold League, lol) I always check to see if a protoss is throwing down a pylon in or near my base.

Awesome, I'll have to try this.

Protoss is my main and I have never used this strategy ^_______^ Maybe I'll get out of silver using better special tactics.

Awesome, I'll have to try this.

Protoss is my main and I have never used this strategy ^_______^ Maybe I'll get out of silver using better special tactics.

Just change it to silver ^_^

And to think Ive been trying to get out of silver by keeping up constant production, resource gathering, and intuition!

Forget Random, its time to go Protoss all the way baby!!!

4gate, its a good skill toi have.