Sign in to follow this  
Couls

PSN back on Tuesday and Sony's Apology Present

So PSN is going to be back on Tuesday and Sony announced that they will be giving everyone a 30 day free trial of Playstation Plus and a DLC, or beta/game of some sort. Hopefully they dont give us a cheesy $5 game because they jeopardized our personal information. If they were really sorry they would give us something everyone would actually enjoy.

Don't count on Sony giving you something that we would really enjoy... They probably will give some cheap game or something..

That's great news that it's going to get back online, not so great that our information was jeopardized to begin with though.

I don't really get on my ps3 much anymore anyways, so whatever free content they give me, I won't care much either way - if it's something I'd actually play, great, if not, no biggie.

Here's a full article on the matter: http://tinyurl.com/3cvvqpq

Don't count on Sony giving you something that we would really enjoy... They probably will give some cheap game or something..

If they give us something cheap then they aren't actually sorry. If they were sorry they would give us something good.

PS+ is a premium service that is completely optional but you get things like access to special demos/betas and you get discounts on some stuff in the PSN Store. You also get to upload your saves to the PS Cloud (?) so you can access them when ever.

I'm glad PSN is going back up. I've been wanting to play Portal 2 coop with my cousin for while (hurray x-platform gaming).

u get playstation plus for people stealing ur shit such a apology also this plus is only for a month TROLOLOL

u get playstation plus for people stealing ur shit such a apology also this plus is only for a month TROLOLOL

Ya Sony is kinda stupid. Need to give us something better..

Apparently you will be getting a month of DC universe online or something like that or free realms (Ironic because its FREE)

Apparently you will be getting a month of DC universe online or something like that or free realms (Ironic because its FREE)

lol.. How stupid.. Sony doesn't give a shit about us

I think this is honestly one of the reasons why paying for XBOX Live is actually worth it. Just my two cents.

Ya Sony is kinda stupid. Need to give us something better..

I'm sure if you actually end up losing your identity/fraudulent charges on a card, they'll legally be held liable.

Finally I can play Portal 2 now on PC, I've been waiting to connect PSN to my Steam, my bro has Portal 2 for PS3 and I've been waiting for 2 weeks.

I'm sure if you actually end up losing your identity/fraudulent charges on a card, they'll legally be held liable.

True. I could sue them..

EDIT: PSN will be back on at 3PM Eastern Time.. So 12 for me

I dont own a ps3. But for couls, you cant sue them UNLESS you actually lost information, which I dont think you did. As for the compensation. PS+ and DC Universe online is a good way to give back to customers as PS+ is pretty costly and so is DC Universe.

i fixd this

Actually, i've seen 12(+2) month xbl cards going for 34.99 on amazon and newegg in the past, any other time i never pay more than 39.99 for 14 months (idk if they stopped doing their 12+2 cards). sooo fail more, because Ps+ is what..$50 a year?(im not sure, thats what i am reading on this message board).

I think this is honestly one of the reasons why paying for XBOX Live is actually worth it. Just my two cents.

let me through in an extra penny. you seem to have forgot how XBL went down for 2 weeks a couple years back, during the holiday season no less. this happens to a lot of services. paying for a service does not ensure quality. paying for things does NOT ensure your information is safe.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/03/xbox-live-outage-day-13-still-up-and-down-still-preventing-fu/

MS is not invincible and the Xbots that feel superior right now should always be cautious with how they use their information, which goes for everybody in the end.