Sign in to follow this  
Church

Video Card

yah, after the 400 series(nvidia), it really isn't needed all that much, unless your playing on a 30+ inch monitor or some shit. I predict video card companies are going to start making a bit less money than they used to now that graphics aren't changing as drastically as years past.

Dual/Triple monitors, 5858/470 is minimum.

Both those cards go for about 200 last time i checked on newegg.

I have 2x 5830 for my 3 monitor eyefinity setup. Now the 5830s run about $129. There are only a handful of us on the forums that have the 3 monitor eyefinity setup. Pick their brain for more info.

from my experience. ati card give you higher fps. but nvidia cards give you smoother gameplay. im not sure if this is still true. i have owned a 8600, 9600, and a hd 4890. it should have been a big jump to the 4890, but it wasnt. i was getting higher frames. but the gameplay was slightly choppier.

Completely contradicted yourself there :P frame rate directly correlates with smooth game play.

I have 2x 5830 for my 3 monitor eyefinity setup. Now the 5830s run about $129. There are only a handful of us on the forums that have the 3 monitor eyefinity setup. Pick their brain for more info.

Well, i meant for Single card solution, those are the minimum in my eyes that would run it "smoothly" on most games excluding badly coded/metro33/crysis

Single card solutions are always better in my opinion, as its less frustrating to deal with them if you can.

Well, i meant for Single card solution, those are the minimum in my eyes that would run it "smoothly" on most games excluding badly coded/metro33/crysis

Single card solutions are always better in my opinion, as its less frustrating to deal with them if you can.

I ran my eyefinity w/ 1 5830 for a year, but I agree.....go w/ the single card when possible.

I ran my eyefinity w/ 1 5830 for a year, but I agree.....go w/ the single card when possible.

Yeah, but still, if you can pickup 2 5830's for 200$, do that, it will be much better. Or if you can get a 5850/5870(i know hard), for cheap, go for that as well. As once new gpu's are released, those will drop in price majorly lol.