Sign in to follow this  
Jiyeon

Lord Knight

Name: Lord Knight

Concept: Idea taken from Ragnarok Online, a Korean MMORPG.

level 2000

Haven't thought of any restrictions or anything of the sort yet.

Because most of the skills in RO are active, it's kind of weird making them work passively for this, so we'll see what you guys think I suppose.

DEAGLE ONLY RACE

Restricted Items: Health/Regen items, 50 bullet clip

I'm open to suggestions on any item restrictions.

Lord Knight - 7 skills / maxed at level 50

1. Increased HP recovery [10] - Gives extra health and regeneration (not to team mates)

NEEDS TO BE LEVEL 5 BEFORE YOU CAN GET ANY OTHER SKILL

+3-30 hp on spawn, 1-10hp / 5 seconds, when you stand still for more than 2 seconds, you get 1-5hp / 2 seconds in addition. Max health caps out at 150 hp. (+3hp/level, +1hp/5seconds/level, +1hp/2seconds/2level)

2. Peco Peco Riding [5] - Gives you speed and lets you charge.

+ 6-30% speed, really small longjump (6%/level)

3. Aura Blade [5] - Your weapon glows and power surges through it.

NEEDS TO BE MAXED BEFORE YOU CAN GET 4-7

+5 damage (+1dmg/level)

4. Auto counter [5] - Your quick reflexes enable you to counter attack.

1-5% to reflect 50% damage that comes from the front. (1%/level)

5. Parry [10] - Your sword skills let you parry attacks.

25% evasion (2.5%/level)

6. Bowling Bash [10] - You knock your opponent back and stun them

15% chance to knockback and stun your opponent for 0.5-1 second and 50-100% extra damage. (1.5%/level, 5% dmg/level, levels 1-9 is 0.5s stun, level 10 is 1 second)

7. Berserk (Ulti) [5] - You go into a berserker's rage, sacrificing defense for strength.

Requires Level 30

None of your skills work except, flat bonus damage, evasion, and expertise.

Consumes all your armor, but if you have 0 you can't use it.

HP instantly becomes 150-200, your speed becomes 1.6, get an additional 5-10 bonus damage, Lose health at a rate of 5-25hp/5 seconds until you hit 1 hp and you will then return to normal. 3:00 cooldown, can't use until 30 seconds into the round.

(increases hp gained by 10hp/level, damage by 1/level, -hp by 5/level). Each level of ultimate could reduce the cooldown by 10 seconds, but that could be OP if someone were able to use this twice in one round.

Expertise gained at level 60: Two Hand Quicken - gives you a 1% chance per level to reload your deagle after killing an enemy (works the same as Judge of Dynamis). Caps out at 100% (level 160). This could be kind of op so I am open to suggestions on it.

Made into a Deagle only race.

Reworked how some skills level up.

Buffed Bowling bash a bit.

Added an Expertise.

Added some items restrictions.

Added another item restriction

Second version scrapped.

Lord Knight (Spear Master) 7 skills/5 levels

Has an innate 5 damage reduction

1. and 2. are the exact same

3. Concentration - You concentrate to increase your power. NEEDS TO BE MAXED BEFORE YOU CAN GET 4-7

+10 damage (+2dmg/level)

4. Spiral Pierce - Hit your opponent for massive damage and stun them in place

10% to stun for 1 second + 50%-100% bonus damage (+10% dmg/level)

5. Head crush - Hit your opponents head to cause a brain hemorrhage

3-15% chance to cause 5 damage over 5 seconds+ 3-15% bonus damage (3% proc/level, 3% dmg/level)

6. Joint beat - Hit your opponents joints to slow them down

3-15% chance to slow by 30% for 2 seconds + 3-15% bonus damage (3% proc/level, 3% dmg/level)

7. Ultimate works the same as the first one.

Thanks for viewing, please let me know what you guys think, if it is well received I may look into posting other ideas based on other classes from RO.

Don't think it's a good idea to have races with very similar skills like that, or variations of the same type, but I like the first one, though I think:

1) 25% evasion is a touch too much, maybe lower to 20%

2) not sure if it's possible to code a knockback and freeze because that's kind of contradictory, yiyas can correct me if I am wrong but I believe you'd have to pick one or the other.

3) ultimate also seems like it might not be able to be coded or at least extremely complicated, try keeping it simple, don't reinvent the wheel.

Otherwise a pretty decent race.

Thanks for the input man, haha, I guess I can always count on you to look at races.

1) I could probably tweak the evasion, I suppose. Already dropped it from 30% lol XD

2) If possible, it should be coded as knock back and then freeze, if not, then either or, it doesn't matter to me. Knock backs might be more funny.

3) I tried making the ultimate as close as possible to the actual skill in the game, but if it's not possible to code so much stuff in one skill/or have it work in that manner, I'm sure I can change it up a bit.

As for the variation, I was trying to make it like the 2 judges, they are kind of similar, but different. One is offensive and the other is more defensive. I was kind of going with the same thing in this I guess, but yeah, I can see what you're saying.

Eh this makes me want to make branching skill tress ... to properly fit RO.

Funny you say this because I was actually originally thinking of posting it in the style of branching skills, or at least like if you get this skill, you can't get these ones. If it's doable, I can rewrite the suggestion to match a branching skillset.

Funny you say this because I was actually originally thinking of posting it in the style of branching skills, or at least like if you get this skill, you can't get these ones. If it's doable, I can rewrite the suggestion to match a branching skillset.

+1 to this

I like the concept of the race, but I would suggest making it one or the other for skills for a few reasons:

1) Easier to code without the branching. The main issue with having two skill tree's in this is that you really can't fit them all in one list to select from.

2) It seems like a 'waste' per say with extra code that won't be used, however I do understand that this would allow for some versatility and utility from the race.

In addition to this, it just seems like it's a lot of work for one race. I'm not knocking uniqueness, but I have a feeling that to make something of this caliber may be something that will take some good time to even work on the add-ons for some of the skills.

My final opinion like Balz said above: Keeping it simple is usually best. I understand the intentions, but this seems like it's 'too much'.

I like the concept of the race, but I would suggest making it one or the other for skills for a few reasons:

1) Easier to code without the branching. The main issue with having two skill tree's in this is that you really can't fit them all in one list to select from.

2) It seems like a 'waste' per say with extra code that won't be used, however I do understand that this would allow for some versatility and utility from the race.

In addition to this, it just seems like it's a lot of work for one race. I'm not knocking uniqueness, but I have a feeling that to make something of this caliber may be something that will take some good time to even work on the add-ons for some of the skills.

My final opinion like Balz said above: Keeping it simple is usually best. I understand the intentions, but this seems like it's 'too much'.

Yo, thanks for the input! Yeah, I figured branching skills would take a significant amount of work which is why I split it into two different races. I was goign with the idea of Judge where they are kind of similar but different enough. However, I'll probably scrap the second version of it and focus on tweaking the first version.

Yo, thanks for the input! Yeah, I figured branching skills would take a significant amount of work which is why I split it into two different races. I was goign with the idea of Judge where they are kind of similar but different enough. However, I'll probably scrap the second version of it and focus on tweaking the first version.

I played RO before and I was a Sword guy. I'm a TAD biased for sword lol.

I played RO before and I was a Sword guy. I'm a TAD biased for sword lol.

I played both, rocked a tanking spiral pierce build as well as a 2h with that one executioner's sword <- bowling bash rolled kids with this.

Please excuse the double post, but wanted to let people know that I have updated the race. Check out the new changes and leave some feedback!

Edit: Also added item restrictions now.

Cool! I'm excited to see it lol. Uh, one quick fix I wanted to make, if you're cool with it. Bowling bash level 1 proc rate starts at 6%, each subsequent level is only 1% increase. This buffs it so it's not so unbearable to level aka you will see some better results for the first 3 levels.