Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Syndicate Gamers Logo Contest! [Discussion]

Church's entry is the only one worth mentioning ... Ace's is cool too but I don't like the Xbox controller outline. the others are just 5 minute MS Paint jobs. c'mon guys, let's get serious.

Church's entry is the only one worth mentioning ... Ace's is cool too but I don't like the Xbox controller outline. the others are just 5 minute MS Paint jobs. c'mon guys, let's get serious.

The only reason why I used an outline on the logo is because otherwise you couldn't see it. When I make a header it won't be there.

Edit: wait, are you talking about the whole controller in general, or just the gray outline around it?

Bro,

If you read PRO MONKEH'S professional analysis of PRO MONKEH's professional banner, you would know that his shit is the real fuckin deal. Just because something may seem like a load of shit on the outside does not mean that it is a load of shit on the inside.

For example, the novel The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger has a scene where Holden Caulfield calls a prostitute to his hotel room. From the outside, it may seem like Holden was too big of a pussy to fuck that hoe, but if you go deeper than that (PUN INTENDED) and read in between the lines, it shows the growing emotional conflict between Holden and himself.

Another example is you. Looks like shit from the outside, etc emot-iceburn.gif

Bringing this back to the topic at hand, the only way anyone would hate on PRO MONKEH'S banner is because they glanced at it momentarily without attempting to find it's true meaning. Yes, at first glance it may seem like a 5 minute MS paint job, but on the inside, it symbolizes everything this SYNDICATE GAMERS stands for.

Also, PRO MONKEH had plenty of options as the medium to use to create this masterpiece. Despite the many choices, he chose to use MS paint. It is like picking between oil paints and crayons. Sure one may seem like kiddie shit but that does not mean artistic masterpieces cannot be created.

Also, PRO MONKEH is a long time MS paint professional. Look at his creation he made when he was only 13 years old:

loljedi8wi.png

A true artistic masterpiece. Here, MONKEH manged to create excellent artwork using only two tones and MS paint as the medium.

In conclusion, I do not see why you are so quick to dismiss PRO MONKEH'S banner. It truly is art.

This offends me.

Damn those pay-for image makers!

Lol I'm not an artist and I don't have the tools to fake being one, my entries are screwed... but at least they aren't cliché...

Try this: http://pixlr.com/editor/

Bro,

If you read PRO MONKEH'S professional analysis of PRO MONKEH's professional banner, you would know that his shit is the real fuckin deal. Just because something may seem like a load of shit on the outside does not mean that it is a load of shit on the inside.

For example, the novel The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger has a scene where Holden Caulfield calls a prostitute to his hotel room. From the outside, it may seem like Holden was too big of a pussy to fuck that hoe, but if you go deeper than that (PUN INTENDED) and read in between the lines, it shows the growing emotional conflict between Holden and himself.

Another example is you. Looks like shit from the outside, etc emot-iceburn.gif

Bringing this back to the topic at hand, the only way anyone would hate on PRO MONKEH'S banner is because they glanced at it momentarily without attempting to find it's true meaning. Yes, at first glance it may seem like a 5 minute MS paint job, but on the inside, it symbolizes everything this SYNDICATE GAMERS stands for.

Also, PRO MONKEH had plenty of options as the medium to use to create this masterpiece. Despite the many choices, he chose to use MS paint. It is like picking between oil paints and crayons. Sure one may seem like kiddie shit but that does not mean artistic masterpieces cannot be created.

Also, PRO MONKEH is a long time MS paint professional. Look at his creation he made when he was only 13 years old:

loljedi8wi.png

A true artistic masterpiece. Here, MONKEH manged to create excellent artwork using only two tones and MS paint as the medium.

In conclusion, I do not see why you are so quick to dismiss PRO MONKEH'S banner. It truly is art.

it's pleasing to see that you also do not take your entry seriously. this response ignores the time and effort others have and will put into their submissions.

it's pleasing to see that you also do not take your entry seriously. this response ignores the time and effort others have and will put into their submissions.

I THINK UR JUST MAD CUZ I SAID U LOOK LIKE SHIT

^that. And come on Shotgunsnipa, it's 2011 brah, TORRENTS. How do you get your music, pay for it?lolololololol

OT: When does this contest end?

In 2 weeks.

Please make an entry.

^that. And come on Shotgunsnipa, it's 2011 brah, TORRENTS. How do you get your music, pay for it?lolololololol

OT: When does this contest end?

I enjoy following laws to the T (most of the time), and I don't listen to much music bro.

And Mike, I don't know what GIMP is, but I know I won't have enough time to create a master piece (mostly because I'm the least artistic man on the planet). Also thanks Dojima for posting that, the only things that are different from paint.net, however, are things I don't understand... D: Thanks anyways though

I enjoy following laws to the T (most of the time), and I don't listen to much music bro.

And Mike, I don't know what GIMP is, but I know I won't have enough time to create a master piece (mostly because I'm the least artistic man on the planet). Also thanks Dojima for posting that, the only things that are different from paint.net, however, are things I don't understand... D: Thanks anyways though

GIMP is basically a weaker version of Photoshop, and there's less users so there's less user content but honestly it can be just as powerful as Photoshop for many things.

And remember, the logo doesn't have to be digitally done. Just draw something. Sometimes the best logos are the simplest ones.

what the fuck LOL I JTUS WENT THREW THE WHOLE FORUM ON THIS POST THERE IS NOT ONE FUCKING LOGO LOLOLOLOLOL FUCKING START DRAWINNG

you serious?

what the fuck LOL I JTUS WENT THREW THE WHOLE FORUM ON THIS POST THERE IS NOT ONE FUCKING LOGO LOLOLOLOLOL FUCKING START DRAWINNG
U KNO WHAT IMA MAKE ONE BRB
t5ksvq.jpg

DID I WIN I THINK IM SPECIAL:D

I MADE TI IN PAINT

I AM EDUMACTED

Omg, shut the fuck up.

All of the entries, excluding Caterpi's, aren't really "logos."

They look cool as a banner, which I actually assume is what Jason wants, but to define it as a logo is far off.

GIMP is basically a weaker version of Photoshop, and there's less users so there's less user content but honestly it can be just as powerful as Photoshop for many things.

And remember, the logo doesn't have to be digitally done. Just draw something. Sometimes the best logos are the simplest ones.

I've made 4 (well 1 that I modified 4 times), thanks for telling me what Gimp is.

All of the entries, excluding Caterpi's, aren't really "logos."

They look cool as a banner, which I actually assume is what Jason wants, but to define it as a logo is far off.

What kind of logo are they looking for exactly? (actually what makes a logo a logo?)

A logo is usually just a symbol. not a big ass banner with a lot of writing on it.

When you think of Nike. They have that check mark thing.

Apple has an Apple

Target has a Target.

The World Wildlife fund as that Panda

Some of the best logos are either simple or creative as hell.

zip.png For a company named "Zip"

martin-newcombe-logo.jpg For a "Property Maintenance" company

yoga-australia-logo.jpgNotice the space between the arm and leg.

american-architects-logo.jpgAmerican Institute of Architects Center

landfit-logo.jpg

A logo is usually just a symbol. not a big ass banner with a lot of writing on it.

When you think of Nike. They have that check mark thing.

Apple has an Apple

Target has a Target.

The World Wildlife fund as that Panda

Some of the best logos are either simple or creative as hell.

I added both in my post because I didn't know if Jason wanted it for the header or not. If he is going to implement the logo he couldn't just add text with VB

Sign in to follow this