Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Syndicate Gamers Logo Contest! [Entries]

Design sG's new logo! Top 10 community voted logos (votes held first week of May) will receive a raffle ticket (not counted against the 4-ticket limit). First place designer (decided by staff, heavily influenced by community vote) will receive a free t-shirt (if they happen), and a free steam game of their choice courtesy of Fatboy!

Rules:

1) Unlimited entries per person, but only ONE POST per person. EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST IF YOU WANT TO ADD ANOTHER ENTRY

2) There is no official medium; you can upload a .psd file if you want, but you could also sketch something down on a piece of paper, take a picture of it, and post it here too! A great site to use for sharing pictures is imgur.com.

3) Keep it appropriate-- Keep in mind we want these to be displayed at the top of the forums and (possibly) on T-shirts you will wear around, so while I know somehow drawing a giant penis with "sG" in it is amusing, that's not something that will be chosen for the final designs. Keep your design appropriate. Please note that staff hold the right to void an entry.

4) If there is a post in here that does not follow the template, your entry will not count in the final contest. DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT MAKING AN ENTRY; YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INFRACTION. Discussion about entries and the contest may be made in this topic.

5) Only one raffle ticket will be given to any person, and the same rules apply as in the raffle thread.

Here is how to enter:

1) Make a post in this thread using the template provided below

2) There is no two! That's it. Just post here.

Posting Template:

[B][SIZE="4"]Entry #1[/SIZE][/B]

[img]PUT THE LINK TO YOUR IMAGE HERE[/img]

Image source: (Use only if you are uploading a file other than an image file (e.g., .psd file)

Why you think this is a good design: (Optional-- explain why you think this represents sG, or say something else you want us to know about your image here)

[SIZE="4"][B]Entry #2[/B][/SIZE]

etc...

Good luck!

-Should be inserting image here if gets proper idea and will edit this post-

Deleted what I had asked previously, reread and got somewhat of answer.

-Please delete my post, getting too raped by these other ones to do mine-

Entry 1:

wyv4Y.png

May need some cropping, but for an hour or 2 of work I feel pretty good about it considering it's made from paint.net and paint (MY EYES ARE STRAINED FROM FIXING THE PIXALATION OF THIS)

mADur.png

Entry 2:

Aw6JR.png

Basically just an experimentation with some paint.net tools that I thought looked kinda neat. Will likely need some cropping for that bottom part, but I wasn't sure if it added anything

Entry 3:

zmTM2.png

Same stuff as above, Sorry Lesbian Dad I really don't have any better programs...

Entry 4:

7MZvZ.png

Read 3, this is just 1's color scheme

Entry 5:

0mgPS.png

Somewhat better fitting to beerman's definition of a logo, I'll edit it some more later

Entry 6:

pVAyW.png

I heard that my letters suck, I need some opinion on these and their looks before I try to do more with them. I figured they looked pixelated or bit'ed and therefore could be related with gaming

TO 500!!!

Reserved spaces for entry 7-500

Entry #1:

sglogo3.png

This logo is in the shape of a controller, which will easily identify us as a gaming community. The cool blues and blacks give the logo a cool/calm feeling, which corresponds with the moto of the clan "the casual gamers lounge." The text has a sort of war-like font, which goes hand and hand with the type of games that our servers host. Overall I think that this logo will not only identify the type of community that we are, but it will catch the eye of visitors.

Entry #2:

sglogo4p.png

Same as above, just with a mouse instead.

Entry #3:

sgheader.png

This is a header that I made. It can easily be accommodated (resizing, fading the edges to black to make it blend in with the layout, etc). I used the same cool blues as the first logo, so they go together as a package.

Entry #4:

sgheader2.png

Same as above, just with a mouse instead.

2vrLF.png

Here's a mafia theme, seems to be popular.

nBLHH.png

Here's more of the mafia theme, the second image is more symbolic showing that sG is in our blood.

7QoZj.pngmq9Nx.png

Here's a third entry, this is a sketch of an idea.

mW97U.pngmaz5d.png9Wofv.png

This design incorporates the "s" and "g" into a single character, with that character in the sites of a crosshair. I like it..

0YbuB.png

Just a lil extra for sGFM

Entry 1:

uvtryhard.png

Good things should always be remembered :3

Entry 2:

sglogo.png

For the " Logo " aspect

Entry 3:

sglogo2..png

Different variant of the " Logo"

Entry 4:

sglogo3.png

Another "Logo"

Entry 5:

sglogo4.png

Another variant of "Logo" entry 4

Entry 6:

sglogo5.2.png

talked to I think fayb0y about this a long time ago.

Entry 7:

sglogo6.1.png

someone ( I think Christmas mention trying this. so I did )

Entry 8:

sglogo7.png

this has the most promising logo to add to and craft it into the best logo we have :) add your ideas to it :D

I guess Simplicity is my theme

Helo,

My name is PRO MONKEH and here is my entry:

451257-6RSJKWF.bmp

There are many aspects to this work of art which will be anaylized by professional art critic, PRO MONKEH.

Critical Analysis:

To start off, MONKEH replaced the word SYNDICATE with SYNDICKATE. I believe that MONKEH's purpose for this is to connect to the mostly male population of the SYNDICATE GAMING community. To avoid gender bias, MONKEH also included a pair of tits. Little does MONKEH know, these tits can also be used to appeal to the male audience as well.

Not only does MONKEH reach out to both genders, but he also reaches out to different races. At the top right corner, you can see that MONKEH drew a black person. This black guy is hard to see because of the background color, but if you look carefully, you are able to make out the teeth and eyes of the black person. Also, note that the face to the left of the black man has yellow balls eyes and a yellow cock nose. I believe that this is to reach out to the asian people of SYNDICATE GAMERS. Also, I interpert the blue mouth to be caused by asian-black man interactions which probably involved drinking kool-aid.

Finally, MONKEH used the word "GAYMERZ" in place of the word "GAMERS". The two changes are underlined. The 'Z' used instead of the 'S' is clearly made because Z is a more 'xxxtreme' letter, probably due to the fact that it is the 26th letter of the Roman alphabet as opposed to using the 19th letter (26 > 19). Regarding use of the word "GAY", I believe it has to do with the general happiness which the SYNDICATE GAMERS community brings. To back up this assertion, there are two smiling face right above the word, the Asian smiley guy and the BLK smiley guy.

This is merely my interpretation of this masterpiece, and I believe that it would be a fine banner to display.

Thank you for your time,

PRO MONKEH, SYNDICATE GAMER

I saved it with a transparent background, but when I uploaded it it's giving it a white background.. not sure why

beacuse you saved it as a jpg, and not a png. ( or something else )

SyndicateGamersLogo.jpg

I think it's good because the city represents the community as a whole. The buildings represent members and without buildings (members) there is no city (community).

My Entries:

logo2cg.png

Just a sleek logo, may need to get thicker but can work as the s and g integrate with each other as one fluid shape.

logo1hl.png

Simple script logo similar to the one in my signature. Is short and sweet, and gives the reader a quick understanding of what the logo represents.

logo3tb.pnglogo4n.pnglogo5lb.png

While the logo is dark for this background (the colors can change easily), the simple use of integrating the g and s together to form a single "character" without too much blending of the letters together makes for an easy to read and adaptable logo.

logo7v.png

Goes to the "vintage gangster" theme (since it is SYNDICATE gamers), it is a classy logo that also gives a vibe of condescension (our clan is better than yours so fuck off) that some members may enjoy.

logo8jf.png

Another logo that goes off the snooty condescending mafia theme.

logo9.png

More complicated logo with hawks wings as the main artery. The sG to represent the clan tag and the script to literally describe the name of the clan.

logo11mr.png

Variation of the above logo with a few elements removed.

logo10z.png

Simple, in your face, brash logo.

logo12d.png

Took a logo I had tinkered with awhile back and incorporated the s and g into it to create a unique but understandable representation of the initials.

logo13x.png

A semi-3D rendition of the above logo.

Zomg the S is too long, rabble rabble rabble:

logo15.png

logo16o.png

logo18f.png

Raised the G up to add depth and give it priority over the S.

logo19.pnglogo21s.png

Back to the mafia (syndicate) theme but using the letters as active characters instead of just stationary images.

logo20f.png

Classy terrorist getting shot in the head holding a briefcase. I thought it would be interesting as a logo and incorporated into a banner. Can work by itself (man holding briefcase is always shady and the headshot symbol represents css) or with text.

logo22t.pnglogo23k.png

logo24.pnglogo26.png

logo27z.pnglogo28.png

logo29c.png

Another axonometric logo. S and G are integrated into one and the actual words can be put on the sides for clarity.

logo30k.pnglogo31.png

logo32.pnglogo33w.png

logo34n.pnglogo35.png

Adaptation of the current banner/logo with a bit more of a modern feel to it and a gangster in the "Syndicate" letter.

Entry #1

invalid.jpg

Why you think this is a good design: (Optional-- explain why you think this represents sG, or say something else you want us to know about your image here)

EDIT: THIS LOGO ENTRY IS OUTDATED

THIS IS MY NEW ONE:

Entry #2

mersk.jpg

Because this accurately represents sG.

Entry #1

test12-1.png

Just playing around with illustrator.

Entry #2

test13.png

Messing around with different colors.

Entry #3

testete-1.png

Still have no ideas, so i decided just to make another random shitty one :>

Entry #4

testete2.png

Yes, i'm bored, and yes i know i have no chance against Christmas.

Entry #5

testetete3.png

Thought I'd show my sG patriotism even though I have no idea how to use the graphic design software, I put on my robe and wizard hat, decided to keep it simple, not try too hard, and whipped this simple, clean, logo into shape.

Entry #1:

SG.jpg

Untitled-1.png

Untitled-12.png

I like design #2 better. Also, I'm not sure if this would even be considered a logo, but more of a banner.

I could refine this if needed. Just wanted to display a design I like showing the big three.