Sign in to follow this  
Pebbz.

This Fattening Problem in America

For the AVERAGE person, I think, it can be a pretty measure of how healthy you are.

It should only be thrown out the window if you are under like 12% BF.

I dont understand how your body density determines that you are healthy.....

Your biology is so wrong lol.

Fat was designed as a source of long-term energy in your body. Lipids are a form of long-term energy in all organisms, fats and oils are classified as lipids.

I don't know where you got the fact that eating healthy burns fat (sure it burns calories from you digesting shit and what not, but it doesn't burn fat rofl), exercising regularly and staying active is how you burn fat. Eating healthy is only half the fight, it helps you become healthy and is better than an unhealthy diet, but eating healthily alone will not be the solution to losing weight, working out has to be included.

I'll agree with you to an extent that eating healthy and having lots of vitamins may speed up your metabolism (there are a lot of factors that affect your body's metabolic rate - the ones you said are just some of them), and metabolism aids in fat burn, but for a fat person to become healthy (both physically on the outside and physically on the inside) they have to focus on two things: exercise and diet. Metabolism rate will speed up naturally (multivitamins don't hurt though).

A balance of cardio and weight lifting is a good plan for exercise. Focusing on one or the other isn't good. Lifting weights doesn't make people lose weight, it helps them burn fat and gain muscle mass (repetition will eventually have your body tap into those long-term energy reserves when you're pumping iron). So, cardio isn't the only way fat is burned in your body when you're exercising, cardio is just the fastest way to burn fat. You are also confusing what you burn and use when you exercise, I suggest you check your facts before you try to advise someone elses' lifesetyle.

I lift weights maybe three times a week socially with friends, other than that I do martial arts, basketball and volleyball as a recreational sport (at least an hour a day). I consume around 2500 calories a day, take multivitamins and the only unhealthy thing I do is not sleep enough. Other than that, I'm doing nothing wrong. I'm just extremely small and my body just happens to grow horizontally not vertically. There are more than just eating habits and exercise plans that contribute to a person's body shape, their lifestyle matters a lot as well.

I confuzzled eating healthy with burning fat and burning calories :( My aunt is a pro nutritionist in NYC, dont make me get her on yo ayss.

And yeah I know everything you just said. But I was kinda rushing my post cause I had to leave so some shit is fucked up. As for vitamins, I take Vitamin D-Calcium pills, and Omega3 Fatty Acid pills. The omega3's are actually very good for you. But theres one thing, weight lifting does not burn fat, if any VERY little. But theres the saying that if weight lifting is your only activity, you'll be a fat weight lifter. You need a balance of cardio and weight lifting.

or else you'll end up like Chosen.

1178028153_coleman_1.jpeg

I dont understand how your body density determines that you are healthy.....

its an approximation of one's health. Short of visiting the doctor, people can't truly know if they are in good health or not.

I confuzzled eating healthy with burning fat and burning calories :( My aunt is a pro nutritionist in NYC, dont make me get her on yo ayss.

And yeah I know everything you just said. But I was kinda rushing my post cause I had to leave so some shit is fucked up. As for vitamins, I take Vitamin D-Calcium pills, and Omega3 Fatty Acid pills. The omega3's are actually very good for you. But theres one thing, weight lifting does not burn fat, if any VERY little. But theres the saying that if weight lifting is your only activity, you'll be a fat weight lifter. You need a balance of cardio and weight lifting.

or else you'll end up like Chosen.

1178028153_coleman_1.jpeg

nutritionist isn't a protected title

anyone can claim to be a nutritionist

the title "nutritionist" just means "i want to call myself something that sounds like I know what I'm doing, without having any credentials"

if she was a dietitian then she might be able to have a word

as for your claim of strength training/ muscle building not burning fat, you're retarded

if you don't build any kind of basal metabolic rate by gaining some muscle, its going to be insanely hard to drop the weight

As someone with the awful genetics of teh fat, let me tell you staying in any semblance of good shape is hardasfuck...

but ya, it's do-able, just gotta have the willpower - something I lack when it comes to my academic work for instance :L I do 7am workouts 6 days a week. Once you turn the exercise into a normal part of your routine, it's alot easier. If only I could do that for homework...

bullshit :P

http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/67/3/220?maxtoshow=&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=obese+depression&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&resourcetype=HWCIT

A lot of people are overweight because they just don't care enough about their physical appearance to want to change it. I know that if it weren't for the fact that I was lucky enough to have the metabolism of a Greek god I wouldn't be the lanky person I am.

Guest Horny©at

Simply put, Americans live different lifestyles than that of a japanese or french person or any person for that matter. There are cases where it's not because they wanna stay unhealthy they just don't have the time. Here in the U.S, every thing is business and more business, the fast life.

Another thing, like someone mentioned earlier, it takes no effort, and to be honest, who doesn't like to be lazy once in a while. Exercise over here is viewed as a nuisance and isn't viewed as fun, usually people view running laps or jogging around for 30 minutes as a pain in the ass.

I ,personally, enjoy exercising . The energy boost provided from exercising is like no other, you feel more energetic and wake up from bed better and just overall feel amazing, you find every day task less taxing on the body,etc.

Look at Michael phelps, he consumes about 12000 calories every day and burns about 1000 calories every hour. Most of his swimming is done in cold water, it makes the body work harder and burns more calories by trying to maintain a stable core temperature.

Simply put, Americans live different lifestyles than that of a japanese or french person or any person for that matter. There are cases where it's not because they wanna stay unhealthy they just don't have the time. Here in the U.S, every thing is business and more business, the fast life.

Another thing, like someone mentioned earlier, it takes no effort, and to be honest, who doesn't like to be lazy once in a while. Exercise over here is viewed as a nuisance and isn't viewed as fun, usually people view running laps or jogging around for 30 minutes as a pain in the ass.

I ,personally, enjoy exercising . The energy boost provided from exercising is like no other, you feel more energetic and wake up from bed better and just overall feel amazing, you find every day task less taxing on the body,etc.

Look at Michael phelps, he consumes about 12000 calories every day and burns about 1000 calories every hour. Most of his swimming is done in cold water, it makes the body work harder and burns more calories by trying to maintain a stable core temperature.

I don't understand why you always seems to generalize everyone as the opposite of ideal and you like to classify yourself as the ideal. whilst it is clear that you are not.

Your biology is so wrong lol.

Fat was designed as a source of long-term energy in your body. Lipids are a form of long-term energy in all organisms, fats and oils are classified as lipids.

I don't know where you got the fact that eating healthy burns fat (sure it burns calories from you digesting shit and what not, but it doesn't burn fat rofl), exercising regularly and staying active is how you burn fat. Eating healthy is only half the fight, it helps you become healthy and is better than an unhealthy diet, but eating healthily alone will not be the solution to losing weight, working out has to be included.

I'll agree with you to an extent that eating healthy and having lots of vitamins may speed up your metabolism (there are a lot of factors that affect your body's metabolic rate - the ones you said are just some of them), and metabolism aids in fat burn, but for a fat person to become healthy (both physically on the outside and physically on the inside) they have to focus on two things: exercise and diet. Metabolism rate will speed up naturally (multivitamins don't hurt though).

A balance of cardio and weight lifting is a good plan for exercise. Focusing on one or the other isn't good. Lifting weights doesn't make people lose weight, it helps them burn fat and gain muscle mass (repetition will eventually have your body tap into those long-term energy reserves when you're pumping iron). So, cardio isn't the only way fat is burned in your body when you're exercising, cardio is just the fastest way to burn fat. You are also confusing what you burn and use when you exercise, I suggest you check your facts before you try to advise someone elses' lifesetyle.

I lift weights maybe three times a week socially with friends, other than that I do martial arts, basketball and volleyball as a recreational sport (at least an hour a day). I consume around 2500 calories a day, take multivitamins and the only unhealthy thing I do is not sleep enough. Other than that, I'm doing nothing wrong. I'm just extremely small and my body just happens to grow horizontally not vertically. There are more than just eating habits and exercise plans that contribute to a person's body shape, their lifestyle matters a lot as well.

I bet you I can lose 2 pounds of fat a week just by eating 500 calories below maintenance and lose very little muscle mass keeping the protein high, without working out. Cardio is important I'd say 20 mins of low intensity 3x a week... might as well keep you heart healthy, that's why I do cardio not to lose weight. People who do cardio and eat below their maintenance are retards.. inb4retarded reply

Oh pebbz. Oh you.

Bearing in mind I only read the first 20 posts in this thread imma just say this;

Fat people should stop being fat.

Nathan disagrees. He was crying to us about how you eat all this shit and manage to stay skinny and how he is still diamond and all this other nonsense.

Nathan disagrees. He was crying to us about how you eat all this shit and manage to stay skinny and how he is still diamond and all this other nonsense.

:')

Yeah I eat a fuck ton, but I go out and do things as well. Yesterday I played tennis and then football for a few hours. I have football again this evening. Maybe that's the difference? :3

Eat a healthy diet, exercise with cardio = lose weight. Obviously this'll also depend on other factors such as metabolism, thyroid issues, etc, but overall if you do keep active and don't eat trash all the time and often then you'll burn off weight in due time.

I think half the problem is the easily-ready fast food and other quick products which let people get a fast source of food, but at the expense of nutrition. Finding myself not eating out as much not only cause of this, but due to the rising costs of it all as is.

I think half the problem is the easily-ready fast food and other quick products which let people get a fast source of food, but at the expense of nutrition. Finding myself not eating out as much not only cause of this, but due to the rising costs of it all as is.

This a million times, I've played soccer all my life and I stayed in absolutely great shape and ate like shit. Now, I'm still working out like I used to and I noticed I'm not seeing the same results in my body. I mean I'm not out of shape or anything, I just notice that I can't eat like I used to. It's hard for me to eat healthy being a college student because I'm more worried about things such as school work or work itself than eating healthy and it's just so convenient to get fast food. Of course it's not impossible for me to eat health, I eat healthy when I can.

This a million times, I've played soccer all my life and I stayed in absolutely great shape and ate like shit. Now, I'm still working out like I used to and I noticed I'm not seeing the same results in my body. I mean I'm not out of shape or anything, I just notice that I can't eat like I used to. It's hard for me to eat healthy being a college student because I'm more worried about things such as school work or work itself than eating healthy and it's just so convenient to get fast food. Of course it's not impossible for me to eat health, I eat healthy when I can.

If you ONLY ate 1500 calories of fast food everyday for a year, I'm sure you will lose weight.

If you ONLY ate 1500 calories of fast food everyday for a year, I'm sure you will lose weight.

Well, it's not just calories. We're also talking of other sources that can keep weight on in forms: Fat, sodium, carbs, etc. If that was simply eaten by a regular person all the time it would add up in many various ways.

Mmmhm, fat people. Fun subject.

Honestly, it's been flogged with a whip so many times now, but i guess i'll restate it.

Being fat has a multitude of sources. These sources are both physicall and mental. The fact that it is emotionally depressing in being overweight(from what i have been told, i've always been just above anorexic) in that you physically do not want to or have the motivation to change the physicall appearence that you have.

While i honestly find some arguements total bullshit, i find this one to have a large grey area. Mainly because genetics play a key factor in this, as well as upbringing. As i come from a southern home, with high fatty foods such as large rack of ribs, fried chicken and the like, i've honestly loved every part of it. However consuming high fatty foods means you SHOULD be physically active constantly, as if you sit on your ass and just play games/watch t.v the pounds will pack on[ Yes, talking from experience here, i've put on more weight since i started playing video games more and more than from when i didnt play them nearly as much]. This lazy life style combined with bad food choice, eg fast food/junk, can be attributed to the cause of major obesity.

Let's take southern Cooking for example. It generally contains insane amount of calories, fats and salts. For the normal person who just eats this regularly but who does not do active phyiscal labor OR work out constantly, this type of diet would add weight on gradually.

On the otherhand, if you take the same diet, but apply it to a person who works construction( no, not sit on your ass manager position. The in the mud and grit construction workers) they wont be nearly as obese as the person who works an office job that only see's sunlight for 5 minutes a day. Why? Their physical activity sets them apart, as they burn more and more.

So all in all, the arguement of why people are fat all comes down to oppurtunity, and let's face it, majority of people when it comes down to it would rather choose to sit on their ass and munch on some cow shit patties(fast food burgers) rather than eat a healthy meal which is appropriate for their lifestyle.

Also, this post is coming from someone who is 5' 10' and weights just under 140lbs. So take from it what you will. I weighed under 100 lbs until 7th grade i believe.

Mmmhm, fat people. Fun subject.

Honestly, it's been flogged with a whip so many times now, but i guess i'll restate it.

Being fat has a multitude of sources. These sources are both physicall and mental. The fact that it is emotionally depressing in being overweight(from what i have been told, i've always been just above anorexic) in that you physically do not want to or have the motivation to change the physicall appearence that you have.

While i honestly find some arguements total bullshit, i find this one to have a large grey area. Mainly because genetics play a key factor in this, as well as upbringing. As i come from a southern home, with high fatty foods such as large rack of ribs, fried chicken and the like, i've honestly loved every part of it. However consuming high fatty foods means you SHOULD be physically active constantly, as if you sit on your ass and just play games/watch t.v the pounds will pack on[ Yes, talking from experience here, i've put on more weight since i started playing video games more and more than from when i didnt play them nearly as much]. This lazy life style combined with bad food choice, eg fast food/junk, can be attributed to the cause of major obesity.

Let's take southern Cooking for example. It generally contains insane amount of calories, fats and salts. For the normal person who just eats this regularly but who does not do active phyiscal labor OR work out constantly, this type of diet would add weight on gradually.

On the otherhand, if you take the same diet, but apply it to a person who works construction( no, not sit on your ass manager position. The in the mud and grit construction workers) they wont be nearly as obese as the person who works an office job that only see's sunlight for 5 minutes a day. Why? Their physical activity sets them apart, as they burn more and more.

So all in all, the arguement of why people are fat all comes down to oppurtunity, and let's face it, majority of people when it comes down to it would rather choose to sit on their ass and munch on some cow shit patties(fast food burgers) rather than eat a healthy meal which is appropriate for their lifestyle.

Also, this post is coming from someone who is 5' 10' and weights just under 140lbs. So take from it what you will. I weighed under 100 lbs until 7th grade i believe.

FYI, Changes in your diet is what changes your weight.

Exercise just determines what weight is lost/gained.

Genetics do play a part in it, but it's actually not as much as you think. It's easy to look at a family of fatties and say "ITS GENETICS" Because they're all fat.

FYI, Changes in your diet is what changes your weight.

Exercise just determines what weight is lost/gained.

Genetics do play a part in it, but it's actually not as much as you think. It's easy to look at a family of fatties and say "ITS GENETICS" Because they're all fat.

Yes, did i say changes in diet do not affect it? No, i just said if someone wishes to eat a SPecific diet which is reasonable, then they NEED to modify their daily routine in what physical activities they have. Obviously if you go full on heavy fat foods, and ice cream towers the size of a medium pitbull, then fuck, you need to go back and stop that shit. But if you have a diet which is appropriate for your weight area, then accompany that Diet WITH appropriate physical activity.

Lets be honest here, you dont need to be eating a 5000 calorie diet if you sit on your ass infront of a computer all day with zero physical activity other than pressing buttons on a keyboard and mouse. However if you were to start working out and the like, changing your diet would be most beneficial.

So all in all, im not Disagreeing with you here, im just stating changing the Diet isnt enough, you MUST accompany that with a change in phsyical activity.

Yes, did i say changes in diet do not affect it? No, i just said if someone wishes to eat a SPecific diet which is reasonable, then they NEED to modify their daily routine in what physical activities they have. Obviously if you go full on heavy fat foods, and ice cream towers the size of a medium pitbull, then fuck, you need to go back and stop that shit. But if you have a diet which is appropriate for your weight area, then accompany that Diet WITH appropriate physical activity.

Lets be honest here, you dont need to be eating a 5000 calorie diet if you sit on your ass infront of a computer all day with zero physical activity other than pressing buttons on a keyboard and mouse. However if you were to start working out and the like, changing your diet would be most beneficial.

So all in all, im not Disagreeing with you here, im just stating changing the Diet isnt enough, you MUST accompany that with a change in phsyical activity.

Uh, Nope. It's possible to lose weight without exercise.

its basically technology in general

people more than ever need to get out and run, course most people are lazy and only stay with say p90x or other various workout plans for a very short time like 2 weeks