Sign in to follow this  
Lesbian Dad

Buying a new computer

I'm not too good at building computers myself so, I usually just buy and look for deals that I think are good.

I've had my eye on this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220071

Is it worth it even thought it's recertified? I do have parts from old computer like the GFX and sound card I can put in.

My old comp only had 2GB DDR2, 250 GB HDD, AMD Dual core 2.3 GHZ and Vista 32-bit

Graphics: Shit

Processor: Good

RAM: Well it's overrated these days, 4GB and you'll be able to do anything, 2 is juust fine imo

But oh well, what exactly are you going to do with it? Like what games and so on.

As long as you know who's recertifying it, it should be fine (if it's ASUS, no worries - haven't looked at it closely though, need to go to class!)

I'll look at it again later and give you my thoughts, if any.

Until then...if you want to configure your perfect gaming machine...

www.cyberpowerpc.com

As long as you know who's recertifying it, it should be fine (if it's ASUS, no worries - haven't looked at it closely though, need to go to class!)

I'll look at it again later and give you my thoughts, if any.

Until then...if you want to configure your perfect gaming machine...

www.cyberpowerpc.com

i can only say one thing to that. Ew.

lesbian if you're putting a good gpu into that (a gts 450 qualifies lol) then i dont see any problems. The pentium dual core might limit your gaming but if you have no problems (or few) now, then it will be fine.

the processor I have now is not great either but, I really just want new components at a decent price and a W7 OS without the hassle of me building the entire thing myself.

Pentium E5400.

Hell no.

Fruggles; you better be joking about "perfect gaming machine".

If I had user editor, I would give you +50 rep for this post.

teehee, I am distantly connected with a financer of cyberpowerpc. I make $100 for every confirmed referral :)

I would never use the site myself, and they know it. I builds my shit (laptops not included...)

I can put a different processor in there later, I wanted it for the price and specs without spending more than $370

Chances are you'd need a new mobo. Most entry level computers don't sport great mobos. Upgrading would cost more in the long run.

E5400, now that is more than fine, if, let's say simply CS:S and something like that.

Your probably like "Yeah six-core all the way man I'm so fucking good", well six core is out of the question, quad is overrated, you could get one, but no use. I've been running my good old E5200 for a good while, it's just fine, not going to updrage anything in a while.

Also, if overclocked, even better.

I would go with the first or the second one hands down, eithers fine really. no athlon x2 lol. Dont worry about windows 7 get that last :) You should buy them individually, but performance wise the 1st and 2nd choice, (if you still want to buy the kits) are perfect.

I would go with the first or the second one hands down, eithers fine really. no athlon x2 lol. Dont worry about windows 7 get that last :) You should buy them individually, but performance wise the 1st and 2nd choice, (if you still want to buy the kits) are perfect.

yea ... I'm done with this dual core BS ...

Guest itzskillzyou

Ya games like Bfbc2 can bring dual cores to a crawl.

Oh for fucks sake NOT six core, what a waste. Quad is more than enough then.

Sidenote: Why the fuck are computers so cheap in the us :( Here that would be atleast like 1000e...