Sign in to follow this  
iyedol

When did we start putting limit on races on the first page

I just played on server 1 and came to find out we now have limits on races on the first page. Not only is this BS but did the community had any input on this. I say remove this BS or let the community vote on it.

Whats not op with having 7 orcish hordes on one team?

Blind how long have you been playing on server 1, a year now at most? It you are complaining about 7 ORcS on one team then you suck ...get better. Back to the topic at hand ORC can be countered you just have to know what you are doing.

Blind how long have you been playing on server 1, a year now at most? It you are complaining about 7 ORcS on one team then you suck ...get better. Back to the topic at hand ORC can be countered you just have to know what you are doing.

This is pretty much true. Get one race and you block the entire lightning for the team.

Again, if we're testing this to try it out, that's fine, but if it's due to no one wanting to counter it... then that's not good.

2 orcs 2 humans 2 nightelves 2 undead 1 flame pred i dont see a problem with the limit.

I Dont want to die from 6 crit nades and 6 chain lightnings or have 6 mostly invis people with bash flying around the map or have an entier team of undead run into a hostage zone and suicide explosion the whole team with 5 suicides.

Limit is good.

Especially since expertise do exist on the starter races.

No starter races have expertise....

But seriously though, putting limits on starter races is really bullshit. We cant play anything anymore...

We cant play anything anymore...

Clay must have raged and deleted the 100 other races that are on the server, I'll be sure to put them back in so you can see them.

you know i'm with Iyedol on this one but for server two, leave the race restrictions too the higher level races not the first page, the first page should not have any restrictions, i could see server 1 having them because people are too used to thing being "balanced" on there but not server 2

you know i'm with Iyedol on this one but for server two, leave the race restrictions too the higher level races not the first page, the first page should not have any restrictions, i could see server 1 having them because people are too used to thing being "balanced" on there but not server 2

That's not the point of the limits on s2 -.-

Guest Horny©at

All I gotta ask is "why now"?

That's not the point of the limits on s2 -.-

then what is? Human is there to help defeat some of the better races and putting a 3 player limit on it for server 2 is just ridiculous

then what is? Human is there to help defeat some of the better races and putting a 3 player limit on it for server 2 is just ridiculous

Every other race (except css pro and bob cause people whined) is limited to 1. Like DotA which Kai was so very fond of. I am also unsure why you expect human (not any of the other 3 races) to be used as a cure-all in wcs2. Not only that but WCS2 has around 22 players maxed, 11 a side, so... why is there such a desire to have more than 1/4 of the team/server playing one race, let alone asking for new races?

Hmmm so now we have limits on starter races on both WCS 1 and 2 or just 1. Do we as a community have say in this matter? Can we please get a vote? I am tired of all of these new people coming on the servers and bitching and getting their way. Can the people who been here a while get a say in this matter?

As for Human being the counter for all other races this might be true but placing limit on starter races is just plain stupid. I said nothing when we increased the teleport time limit on Human to 10 second but I cannot stay quite anymore. Each server have plenty of races that counter ORCs you just have to know what you are doing.

yeah orc is one of the easiest races to counter and to kill, and just data dump all the people that complain about races being to over powered in server 2 it's not done yet, when the beta sign comes off and has been off for at least 2 months then start lowering races that are so called OP and most are only OP in the hands of the player

like chosenone with rogue that race in my hands is trash but in his it's rape and annoying, make me want to shoot my computer

but yes human on wcs 2 has a player limit of 3

Very angry.

This is pretty much true. Get one race and you block the entire lightning for the team.

Again, if we're testing this to try it out, that's fine, but if it's due to no one wanting to counter it... then that's not good.

Where in my post did I say lightning chain was the problem? Yes, lightning if enough people play can kill people really fast. However, the problem is NOT that, its the fucking crit nades. Admit it, people spam nades, normally people who know the server rules don't do it themselves however if 5 separate people nade one spot, well your frankly going to die.

Ultimate Immunity, derp statement.

Anyway this is another valid point to why there should be limits on it. Why should every "veteran" player be playing the same damn race, specifically the starter races. Also this is the second bitch topic about the limitations, I basically suggested making it a limit of 3 instead of 2 so new players could play when the race whores are on it.

I'm not sure as to why we don't vote; however, I've explained the ways to completely counter Orcish Horde in the other thread. I don't see ANY of the starter races as being powerful enough to have to be restricted to "x per team".

Hmmm so now we have limits on starter races on both WCS 1 and 2 or just 1. Do we as a community have say in this matter? Can we please get a vote? I am tired of all of these new people coming on the servers and bitching and getting their way. Can the people who been here a while get a say in this matter?

As for Human being the counter for all other races this might be true but placing limit on starter races is just plain stupid. I said nothing when we increased the teleport time limit on Human to 10 second but I cannot stay quite anymore. Each server have plenty of races that counter ORCs you just have to know what you are doing.

really? so lame...

Where in my post did I say lightning chain was the problem? Yes, lightning if enough people play can kill people really fast. However, the problem is NOT that, its the fucking crit nades. Admit it, people spam nades, normally people who know the server rules don't do it themselves however if 5 separate people nade one spot, well your frankly going to die.

Ult Immunity = no lightning spam. Blast-Proof Vest = less nade damage. Both = counters. Also, if you get hit by a nade in one area, you should back the fuck up. Chances are another is going to come. This kinda goes with my common sense theory for ZE: If people brightened up, there wouldn't be an issue. I get that lightning isn't the MAIN issue, but it's definitely a part of the "issue" that has caused a limit.

Ultimate Immunity, derp statement.

Can't be a derp statement, when you know it's a way to cut down a lot of the issues not only with Chain Lightning, but with OTHER ENEMY SKILLS. It's kinda amazing what one person can do to turn the tide, assuming they don't die. Hell, two people could go on something like that and it'd really mess with them. Just cause a team is being derp-ish doesn't mean a race is a problem, especially with all the counters to races in this mod.

Anyway this is another valid point to why there should be limits on it. Why should every "veteran" player be playing the same damn race, specifically the starter races. Also this is the second bitch topic about the limitations, I basically suggested making it a limit of 3 instead of 2 so new players could play when the race whores are on it.

I can't say I've ever really seen a LOT of people playing a lot of the same race unless it's a very obvious map, namely Human for Dolls, or Orc with Office. Even then, I've NEVER seen people really stack up a team with them and A) Do much or B) Stay on that race for long.

I'm still leaning towards no limit for one reason: There are a LOT more races that are more annoying/powerful than the starters. If anything, you're just opening the game up to more stuff instead of a simple problem that is solved in a heartbeat with one skill/item/bit of common sense.

It's a lot more diverse with more races and with race limits implemented. If you can't take some time off your favorite race (Human/Orc) go play their General version which are decent if not better. There are also so many similar races to Orc and Human that I can't believe that you guys are complaining about how you can't play them. Ice Dragon, Fire Dragon, Human General / Zeus and Orc Chieftan.

Anyway, race limits for starter races were implemented some time ago if I remember correctly. And believe me, I rage when I can't play Fox on Compound too.

Also, Blast-Proof Vest should remove 100% of crit damage or have its cost reduced. And I think Night Elf's roots aren't working.

Ult Immunity = no lightning spam. Blast-Proof Vest = less nade damage. Both = counters. Also, if you get hit by a nade in one area, you should back the fuck up. Chances are another is going to come. This kinda goes with my common sense theory for ZE: If people brightened up, there wouldn't be an issue. I get that lightning isn't the MAIN issue, but it's definitely a part of the "issue" that has caused a limit.

True, however Blast-Proof Vest is not a effective counter for crit nades or nade spam for that matter. I don't normally pay attention but last time I recall still being killed in one shot (+100dmg) with it on. I also only buy the thing from shopmenu only when I have nothing better to buy, mostly when I'm playing Devil's Servant.

Can't be a derp statement, when you know it's a way to cut down a lot of the issues not only with Chain Lightning, but with OTHER ENEMY SKILLS. It's kinda amazing what one person can do to turn the tide, assuming they don't die. Hell, two people could go on something like that and it'd really mess with them. Just cause a team is being derp-ish doesn't mean a race is a problem, especially with all the counters to races in this mod.
Ult Immunity = no lightning spam.

Hence, derp statement.

I can't say I've ever really seen a LOT of people playing a lot of the same race unless it's a very obvious map, namely Human for Dolls, or Orc with Office. Even then, I've NEVER seen people really stack up a team with them and A) Do much or B) Stay on that race for long.

You forgot Crackhouse. I was just giving an example of what some people could do and I think it has happened before on Office.

I'm still leaning towards no limit for one reason: There are a LOT more races that are more annoying/powerful than the starters. If anything, you're just opening the game up to more stuff instead of a simple problem that is solved in a heartbeat with one skill/item/bit of common sense.

I just like the limitations just so people play some different races, how much of the time to do you see a pair of Zombies?

Long post... I'm out of this topic for a little bit.

Sign in to follow this