Sign in to follow this  
skitt

Orcish Horde limit

Ghoul and I are dearly concerned about this new limit. We are curious on why it was implemented. Ghoul is banned from the forums for some ungodly reason. So i am posting on his behalf, mostly. my 2 cents: orc isn't overpowered at all, all it has is critical attacks and a respawn if your lucky. it is quite fun to get a bit of teamwork going with several orcs, healers, slowing auras. Now, many races are getting player restrictions. Most of them I agree with, but orcish horde.... just look at the name, "horde". I don't really have anything else to say. I would like to see others opinions on this matter and why it was implemented.

IM MAD TOO.

ITS A FUCKING STARTER RACE.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PUT A LIMIT ON IT?

YOU ALREADY MADE THE NADE SPAM RULE, DONT FUCKING LIMIT STARTER RACES.

I DEMAND CHANGEE

I don't know why this would be implemented in the first place. I'd say a team full of rushing Human Alliances, or a team of camping Night Elfs is much more intimidating than a bunch of camping orcs. All you have to do is get plenty of healers and ultimate immune races (maybe buy Blast-Proof Vest), and you've completely negated their entire team.

I'd say 2 orcs, 2 night elfs, 2 humans, 2 undead and 1 flame pred is better than 9 orcs or 9 night elf or 9 human... so how is it that much of an issue to express this "teamwork" you speak of?

Also "Horde" is refence to the race that orcs are in warcraft3. Nothing to do with the race itself. That's like saying Night Elf should have pointy ears attached to it's head while being played.

Guest J_MaFia

Fix it so Ghoul can stop yelling in-gameplox

Mainly because 9 people using Chain Lightning is stupid. (9x32 = 288 dmg that can hit more than one person)

Maybe instead of it being 2 change the limit to 4 for each starter race? This is being implemented to make sure there's not unreasonable amounts of the same race, yeah? I don't think 4 is too crazy.

4 orcs is bad... Think about Italy, and basically the first person to come near house automatically dies. It's happened before.

I suppose, but it's easy to counter orcs. All that's needed is someone to block ultimates for chain lightening, and the blast proof vest or what ever it's called. It's just kinda weird to me having the first 4 races restricted to 2 per team, I can see why you guys did it though, I was just tossing in my 2 cents.

Ghoul and I are dearly concerned about this new limit. We are curious on why it was implemented. Ghoul is banned from the forums for some ungodly reason. So i am posting on his behalf, mostly. my 2 cents: orc isn't overpowered at all, all it has is critical attacks and a respawn if your lucky. it is quite fun to get a bit of teamwork going with several orcs, healers, slowing auras. Now, many races are getting player restrictions. Most of them I agree with, but orcish horde.... just look at the name, "horde". I don't really have anything else to say. I would like to see others opinions on this matter and why it was implemented.

I agree, its not really overpowered at all.

I never was around for the spam of orcish horde but I heard of the horror stories. I'm my opinion I like the limits and I think older players who have been playing a while should find another OP race. But for the newer players maybe increase the limits by 1 so they will not have to worry too much about being limited. Also I'm sure you guys will bitch a little bit less about the limit.

While there are ways to counter it, people aren't teamwork-oriented enough to actually pull their shit together and get a team that can counter Orcs. On top of that, blast-proof vest doesn't work for shit against crit nades. They've easily hit me for up to 200 hp, which is more than most races get, and blast proof vest only blocks 50. If I'm playing my Human General, like I normally do, I still get 150 damage and die because someone can sort of aim a nade.

I'm not for or against this limit, but the amount of bitching about WCS is getting ridiculous.

While there are ways to counter it, people aren't teamwork-oriented enough to actually pull their shit together and get a team that can counter Orcs. On top of that, blast-proof vest doesn't work for shit against crit nades. They've easily hit me for up to 200 hp, which is more than most races get, and blast proof vest only blocks 50. If I'm playing my Human General, like I normally do, I still get 150 damage and die because someone can sort of aim a nade.

I'm not for or against this limit, but the amount of bitching about WCS is getting ridiculous.

There is no amount of stating this that will stop people from bitching.

Also, Blast-proof vest is supposed to block 75% of the damage from Critical Grenades, if I remember correctly. That, and I haven't seen a critical grenade do over +150 damage to me recently. 75% off of 150 is 112.50, which lowers the damage from 150 to 37.50 (which is probably rounded to 38).

^OMFG THIS. All that guy does is yell his ass off throughout his entire play session.

Ghoul is a retard, all he wants to do is get everyone to play Orc and spam nades and chain lightning.

I agree %100 with Yiyas.

I would also want to bring up the player limit with master sniper. It is getting pretty obnoxious to be restricted from playing a race you like to play because someone is leveling it. I'm aware their is another 100+ or so races to play, but I'm quite sure people have their favorites.

I would also want to bring up the player limit with master sniper. It is getting pretty obnoxious to be restricted from playing a race you like to play because someone is leveling it. I'm aware their is another 100+ or so races to play, but I'm quite sure people have their favorites.

This.

I'd say have all races limited to 2, some with the except of 1 or 3, and starter races should not be limited. It's quite homo.

@mayo, looks like you hopped on the band wagon.

Needs to gtfo.

This.

I'd say have all races limited to 2, some with the except of 1 or 3, and starter races should not be limited. It's quite homo.

@mayo, looks like you hopped on the band wagon.

Needs to gtfo.

Cute, but I've been around a lot longer than you kiddo, meaning I have a lot more experience, especially with the Warcraft server.

Yiyas limited it for a reason. Don't like it? You can GTFO.

no amount of anything will stop ghoul from yelling. The last thing that worked was a ban.

All that guy does is yell his ass off throughout his entire play session.

Ghoul is a retard, all he wants to do is get everyone to play Orc and spam nades and chain lightning.

precisely why i loved it when he got banned(long ass time ago)

OT: race restriction on orc was most likely because of crit nade spamming. On small maps, regardless of blast vest (which some people say doesnt work as well as it should), more than one crit nade will do a lot of damage to quite a few people.

The hideous combination of group chain lightening and grenades being hurled everywhere leads me to believe that this was a welcome change.

I'm kinda in between on this change.

Pros:

- Does stop camping to some degree.

- Limits free damage while caming.

- Forces players to actually play and not stand back the whole time and just spam a button.

Cons:

- It kinda is easy to counter as is. I've done it on office where I'll just go Akroma and you just kill off all their damage in that one room while your own orcs throw nades in.

- It is a starter race and as such, I personally don't think it should be limited cause I find human to be more annoying than orc on many maps, and has a bit more utility with movement.

- As stated before, Blast-Proof Vest negates a lot of damage from nades.

I'm all for this change for now to test it out, but at the same time I think it got restricted due to bad playing, as in, players know there is a counter, but they're too stubborn to change so they CAN counter it. If this was changed due to mass whining because no one wanted to stop it with obvious counters, and not for it actually being strong and impossible to beat, then the wrong reasons are in place.

Cute, but I've been around a lot longer than you kiddo, meaning I have a lot more experience, especially with the Warcraft server.

Yiyas limited it for a reason. Don't like it? You can GTFO.

are you aware that aero has 46 DAYS on the server while you have about 11 hours? regardless of you being in sG 1+ year(s) more than aero, you haven't gotten even close to the "experience" that Aero has.

are you aware that aero has 46 DAYS on the server while you have about 11 hours? regardless of you being in sG 1+ year(s) more than aero, you haven't gotten even close to the "experience" that Aero has.

Everyone can have a say on things, but at the same time, time here =/= experience. Respect all and what they play.

I'm still curious how well this change is too. Have to go on later tonight and play a bit.

Sign in to follow this