Sign in to follow this  
Balthazar

Psychic Soldier[P]

Just kinda thought this one up in my head.

Based kind of off of the idea of military psychic soldier division myth or w/e

Im thinking, Pistol only, Using a Five-Seven

Required level: 3000

6 Skills, 10 Levels each.

Psychic Training: Body must be as tough as the mind (+50hp maxed)

Third Eye: Your third eye allows you to see beyond reality (Stalkers see through walls skill)

Mind Barrier: Your mind protects you. (Either 20% damage reduction when maxed, Or Mirror Damage based on a 25% reflect rate.)

Psychic Bullets: Your mind is one with your gun. (Adds 10 ammo to pistol per level and +1 Damage per level. +8 max damage and 80 shot clip when maxed, points will just scale, forget the +1 and +10 ammo per level)

Psychic Waves: Your mind is unstable, disturbing the world around you. (Chance to knock enemy into the air, was thinking 25-50% chance when maxed? Also. Was possibly thinking what if this could be an aoe around whoever you shoot?)

Stare at Goats: God help us. ( whoever kills you gets blown up, dealing up to 85-100 damage in a small radius.)

Please give feedback on skills that I am unsure of, I really like the idea of this race and any input would be much appreciated.

I would love to have a 5-7 class, and the abilities seem quite cool. One question, why the 3k rank req. ? Do you choose at random or is there a method involved?

Well to me it just seems the skills are pretty powerful, though imo not OP, so i thought it should be a higher level earned race. That and we need more races closer to the journey to sloth, imo.

I usually see it as, the more powerful the abilities can be, the higher up it should be.

This doesn't always hold true overall though.

Also Balth, how about making that see-through walls thing an ability? I kinda don't want the game spammed with them if we get more out, but an ability for a 3 second burst would be nice.

i agree with oracion. Making it an ability would make it a bit more nerfed(as i feel it is needed) and be less strenuous on the server. I know if I had a 5-7 with wallhax, i'd put a dent in the enemy team thats for sure.

Putting it as an ability would definitely lower the power of the race. But as both oracion and skitt have said, people could really do damage with a race like that.

Or you could also do a beacon type thing that ticks every 2-3 seconds? But I agree that the see through walls thing should be an ability rather than always on.

Okay, two things I want to question.

Psychic bullets - I don't mind +ammo or + damage, but I just read it and you're giving a LOT of damage gain and ammo for a pistol race. Maxed out it'd give him a 120 starting clip and +10 damage each shot. That's kinda high really especially if you can get a Claws of Attack.

Stare at Goats - I don't mind a 'kill the killer' skill, but does this have a %age chance of happening? Cause 100% seems high if we're talking for a guaranteed kill, or an AoE explosion. If we do insta-kill I say max it should be 50% (If something else in the game is higher, let me know) or for the AoE, keep it at 50% as well.

Okay, two things I want to question.

Psychic bullets - I don't mind +ammo or + damage, but I just read it and you're giving a LOT of damage gain and ammo for a pistol race. Maxed out it'd give him a 120 starting clip and +10 damage each shot. That's kinda high really especially if you can get a Claws of Attack.

Stare at Goats - I don't mind a 'kill the killer' skill, but does this have a %age chance of happening? Cause 100% seems high if we're talking for a guaranteed kill, or an AoE explosion. If we do insta-kill I say max it should be 50% (If something else in the game is higher, let me know) or for the AoE, keep it at 50% as well.

Psychic Bullets - Your idea sounds good. 120 clip, +10 dmg per shot.

Stare at Goats - I'm thinking a slightly less chance than the flame pred's explosion, if we go with the version of the ultimate that explodes your killer with a small aoe range, dealing 85-100 damage, up to you for judgement on that based on the chance i just stated and whatnot.

Psychic Bullets - Your idea sounds good. 120 clip, +10 dmg per shot.

Stare at Goats - I'm thinking a slightly less chance than the flame pred's explosion, if we go with the version of the ultimate that explodes your killer with a small aoe range, dealing 85-100 damage, up to you for judgement on that based on the chance i just stated and whatnot.

Dude, that's not my idea. That's what the race has currently if it was put in lol. I'm asking if you can tone it down a bit? Cause you're talking a LOT of damage on a VERY spammable gun that isn't half bad as is.

SaG - I don't mind a decent % chance for an ultimate. It's called an Ultimate for a reason anyway. A one out of two chance to work seems fair to me.

Dude, that's not my idea. That's what the race has currently if it was put in lol. I'm asking if you can tone it down a bit? Cause you're talking a LOT of damage on a VERY spammable gun that isn't half bad as is.

SaG - I don't mind a decent % chance for an ultimate. It's called an Ultimate for a reason anyway. A one out of two chance to work seems fair to me.

aight, sounds good.

for psychic bullets then hows about 80 shot clip, +8 damage and everything from attack menu restricted in shopmenu

aight, sounds good.

for psychic bullets then hows about 80 shot clip, +8 damage and everything from attack menu restricted in shopmenu

I can work with that. Mod it in your post.

Ah, didnt notice the fiveseven part. Or was it editted? Either way, seems balanced now.

Yeah I made it with five-seven in mind, had that posted already silly no edit :P

I love this race <3 and my bioshock races :3