Sign in to follow this  
BlackStone

60 community votes?

So, I was perusing the rank thing again after Triv noted he wanted to apply for Senior Elite, but could only get elite due to posts. So... I was like, well, how long do I need to be in to get it (2.5 years & 2500 posts fyi) I then look up to the recruits portion and notice for level 1 you need an astounding 60 votes.... holy shit do we even HAVE 60 people active? Maybe 30 votes... but 60?

Another thing, does it mean anyone can vote, even non-members of sG?

Do members of sG get more sway in their votes based off level? Like I'm an Elite Member, so I'd get a vote power of 4? Staff get like... 5?

Staff votes are 5 and we have enough staff to get anyone to 60.

Everyone else is 1, non community have no say.

I could have sworn I read 10 somewhere....

I agree with 5 alot more than 10 though... Makes it a bit more community than just staff.

I could have sworn I read 10 somewhere....

I agree with 5 alot more than 10 though... Makes it a bit more community than just staff.

Yea, I swear I read that staff were worth 10 votes.

EDIT: That post got edited.

They changed it to 5 rather than 10.

So you can get in on 12 staff votes total, or 60 community votes total...and I thought the 15+/- were hard.

You can mix them, as well. It's only because ranks actually mean something now.

60 is hella lot

do we still gotta give reason for our vote?

A brief reason.

Think of it this way.

60 - 15 (the original count to get in) = 45.

45 = 9 staff votes.

If you get 15 community votes and 9 staff votes, it should be easy to get in. Also consider the number of staff we have in addition to how many community members voted before (many recruits would hit the 20s and 25s before their vote ended).

This is gonna make it pretty difficult for anyone to get in unless it's unanimous.

I guess they are trying to make it more exclusive, this way people know they deserve to be in if the community likes them enough for 60/60

I guess they are trying to make it more exclusive, this way people know they deserve to be in if the community likes them enough for 60/60

Ya, after all, this community IS getting bigger everyday..

Ya, after all, this community IS getting bigger everyday..

Actually, just how big is the community? We have had so many members come and go it can't be easy to get a headcount, and of those members, how many are active enough on the forums to vote?

Back about a year ago, if not more when I joined.

Getting 15 votes took only a matter of 4-5 days. And I was only active on the WCS servers. Now of cource, being on at least 3-4 servers once everyday or so in this size of a community. Will see you getting around the 60 mark easy, so long as of cource the staff vote. This isn't a issue I see that is wrong.

With a community this size, steps need to be taken so that only the right people get into it. And I think sG is taking that right step.

Actually, just how big is the community? We have had so many members come and go it can't be easy to get a headcount, and of those members, how many are active enough on the forums to vote?

That is true.. We should kick some members that havent been active for around a year or something like that..