Sign in to follow this  
n2fwa

Laptop for School

Go to Best Buy or something like that, look at the laptops and buy the one you like. Honestly, anything but Dell is good for Laptops imo (HP, Toshiba, Acer, Sony are all good brands from what I've seen at school).

I have a lenovo for work, it's ok, dropped it a couple times and it still works, so thats a plus.

I have heard HP's can be a real pain in the ass though.....

I got a HP pavilion dv9000 (4 yrs old now = stone age)

But my laptop is still running adobe cs 5 (little slow but no biggie).

So i dont have problems with HP's (this one was 700 euro's)

Go to Best Buy or something like that, look at the laptops and buy the one you like. Honestly, anything but Dell is good for Laptops imo (HP, Toshiba, Acer, Sony are all good brands from what I've seen at school).

Totally agree. Dell sucks ass and all other are kinda the same.

Go to Best Buy or something like that, look at the laptops and buy the one you like ONLINE. Honestly, anything but Dell is good for Laptops imo (HP, Toshiba, Acer, Sony are all good brands from what I've seen at school).

I totally agree.

Asus and MSI make solid laptops as well. I'd stay away from HP or Toshiba though, tbh. They throw a lot of aidsware on their laptops.

Instead of just talking, I'll try and find you one that you'd probably like...

my hp was a battletank, dropped it a few feet on to concrete floor several occasions.

A friend gave me their dv9000 which had a bad gfx chip, sold it on CL for $300 for parts. seemed like a nice laptop besides that.

I've had a few IBM and Lenovos, the cases suck, but they have good parts in them.

my hp was a battletank, dropped it a few feet on to concrete floor several occasions.

A friend gave me their dv9000 which had a bad gfx chip, sold it on CL for $300 for parts. seemed like a nice laptop besides that.

I've had a few IBM and Lenovos, the cases suck, but they have good parts in them.

<-- has the same xD

I have a dv9000 now for school and work, is proving most useful in those regards. Got it for quite a good deal at Staples. Previously I used an HP Presario for all of my PC needs, and it was a tank as well. Dropped it down two flights of stairs and still chugged away like a pro.