Sign in to follow this  
UnknownLegend

Syndicate Gamers Digest Vol. 14 [3/18/2011]

Congratulations to new staff, but what's up with the retarded amount of posts needed for ranks? I visit the forums a lot but I'd rather spend my time on the servers than posting shit all day..

Congratulations to:

JCS:

• Marvin
  • Mitch

Advisors:

• Scopene

• Super Novacaine
  • Empire

Engineers:

• Guitar Guy
  • Clay

Recruitment Officers:

• Diabeticdaniel
  • Sketch
  • TimeToDie

Congrats to all. Looking to the future.

"Needs 60 community votes"

To move from Recruit to L1 clan member?

Does that mean 60 active members need to vote yes in the recruitment thread or somewhere?

And will a negative vote still count as -1? So if 70 vote yes and 11 vote no... its a failed application?

And just to confirm, for the new level 2, do you need 1 year PLUS the 6 months of level 1 time, or is it 1 year from clan join date?

And is the clan join date the day you become a Recruit, or the day you become a level 1?

EDIT: answered my own question by searching the forums like a non-noob

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php?t=41433

Congrats to all. Looking to the future.

"Needs 60 community votes"

To move from Recruit to L1 clan member?

Does that mean 60 active members need to vote yes in the recruitment thread or somewhere?

And will a negative vote still count as -1? So if 70 vote yes and 11 vote no... its a failed application?

And just to confirm, for the new level 2, do you need 1 year PLUS the 6 months of level 1 time, or is it 1 year from clan join date?

And is the clan join date the day you become a Recruit, or the day you become a level 1?

EDIT: answered my own question by searching the forums like a non-noob

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php?t=41433

I don't know but if a staff member says yes its 10 votes allready.

I don't know but if a staff member says yes its 10 votes allready.
During the three weeks of sGr, the recruit will be thrown into a +/- vote out of 60. EVERYONE who is a clan member can vote. Community Members have their vote worth as 1 each, staff members have their vote worth as 5 each. EACH MEMBER MUST ALSO POST A REASON ON WHY THEY ARE VOTING YES OR NO.

Staff votes count for 5

I simply cannot approve of the post requirments. I loathe it. At this point, it only makes not only me, but others aswell to just post random shit. Never understood how posts really make you better or something. Well... I wish it would be changed, but my voice is just drowning among the others.

I liked the earlier version of the ranks better, when it only required you be in the clan 6 months to get admin. Is there a reason I must wait such a long time?

Because some 200 people would get free admin if we did it any differently? This place isn't something cheap to run, and we lose a lot of money giving out free admin.

I simply cannot approve of the post requirments. I loathe it. At this point, it only makes not only me, but others aswell to just post random shit. Never understood how posts really make you better or something. Well... I wish it would be changed, but my voice is just drowning among the others.

I agree. You have been here since 2007 and can't rank up because you don't like to post a lot.

Some people just don't like posting on forums, so why do they have to post X amount of posts in order to be a higher level?

I say the system should get tweaked a little bit. In order to be Rank 2, you have to have X amount of posts OR be in the clan for X amount of time.

If you combine it, it's a win win. People on the forum who are very active (and don't spam) can rank up faster. Oldfags who hate forums can still rank up without having to post random ass shit.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

Not to purposefully bring up Lolg, but this was how our ranking system was going to be.

lawl, I'm still wondering what happened to 400 posts of mine that mysteriously disappeared. :P

Not that it matters, I like the revised, although I always hate post requirements, rank system.

Well, gotta work on those posts, Spam section HERE I COME!!! /sarcasm

lawl, I'm still wondering what happened to 400 posts of mine that mysteriously disappeared. :P

Not that it matters, I like the revised, although I always hate post requirements, rank system.

Well, gotta work on those posts, Spam section HERE I COME!!! /sarcasm

Posts were recounted yesterday. The number you see is the actual number of posts you have.

Guest Tasty

The 10 man scrim server is something I really look forward to.

I simply cannot approve of the post requirments.

If you're not active on the forums, you're not active with the community. It's really not hard to see that.

Sign in to follow this