Sign in to follow this  
Chaos

Current Time

Guest Horny©at
Don't forget to set your clocks 1 hour ahead...

Just a friendly reminder :P

I'm optimistic, I set my clocks 23 hours back

With all our new technology, why can't we just change the time 30 minutes forward and prevent the changing of time AGAIN?

Oh wait, I forgot, that would be toooooooooooooooooooo logical. lol.

With all our new technology, why can't we just change the time 30 minutes forward and prevent the changing of time AGAIN?

Oh wait, I forgot, that would be toooooooooooooooooooo logical. lol.

You're fucking retarded.

My phone and computer change automatically. Why would i need this thread? Completely pointless :P

Come down here and see what happens if you try and hit.

you'll all appreciate daylight savign when you have long summer days.

Um...are youdumb?

You know changing the clock will have nothing to do with how long the sun is out...right?

Um...are youdumb?

You know changing the clock will have nothing to do with how long the sun is out...right?

Obviously but the sun rises later and sets later so brighter later in the day. here the sun doesnt set till like 8 or 9 during the summer. its awesome because I feel like I skate longer :)

Obviously but the sun rises later and sets later so brighter later in the day. here the sun doesnt set till like 8 or 9 during the summer. its awesome because I feel like I skate longer :)

u would skate..

Wish I remebered this yesterday. I went to go see Battle los angeles, ended up getting home around 3, and then got reminded it was actually 4 :\

you'll all appreciate daylight savings when you have long summer days.

Thats so fucking irrelivant.

When we have long summer days,its because we are more directly pointed at the sun in the summer solstice portion of our orbit around it. Our angle is more direct. Being more directly pointed at the sun,more duration and strength of sunlight, thus longer days. Its also why the sun appears higher in the sky during the summer.

It has nothing to do with time.

radec_earth_orbit.gif

When we have long summer days,its because we are more directly pointed at the sun in the summer solstice portion of our orbit around it. Our angle is more direct. Being more directly pointed at the sun,more duration and strength of sunlight, thus longer days. Its also why the sun appears higher in the sky during the summer.

radec_earth_orbit.gif

Holy shit, your post actually contains some intellectual content.

<3. Triv is right.

radec_earth_orbit.gif

true, but the time that the sun sets at also is different because of day light savings. but more because of our rotational axis so yes you are more right than me. also, its nice to see some one is interested in astronomy too.

EDIT: why don't double posts combine anymore?

I'd like to point out that you are wrong about day light savings time.

I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who came up with the idea of day light savings as a joke to the people in Paris, France because they used candles at night and called them foolish. Franklin made the ridiculous point that the sun "gives light as soon as he rises."

Look it up. The essay is called "The Economical Project."

Daylight Savings Time was also presented by another man by the name of George Vernon Hudson because he enjoyed light after work hours to do his hobbies (insect hunting etc. . .).

Daylight Savings Time was not taken seriously until........................ 1907 I think by William Willett who claimed that more work could be done if the times were shifted 20 minutes for four Sundays in April and 20 minutes for four Sundays in September. But the US did not start using it until 1918.

-Xan