Sign in to follow this  
Ramenboi

(CANADIAN SG LOOK) G1 driving test

Hey guys, i turned 16 on the 10th and i'm trying to get my G1 asap.

I'm living in the GTA area in Ontario; anyone know where to go for this stuff and what i need?

All i know so far is that i don't need to drive for the test and my vision is fine. Plus the online practice test proved that i know 95% of the signs.

Also i need to know how much the test is; i heard that the price varies by location.

(BTW i don't need to take driving lessons right?)

Thanks guys

John

Go to the following website and find the closest centre to you:

http://www.drivetest.ca/en/loc/Dec.aspx

Just go any time they are open, as you don't need to book anything in advance. Cost I think is $10 for the written test, but I think you have to pay for your G2 road test at the same time, so I believe the total cost came to $125.

Here is what you need in terms of ID:

http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/HowToApply.aspx

Generally you'll need your passport or citizenship card. If you have neither your birth certificate + health card also works.

Also besides signs the other half the test will be on the rules of the road, ie. residential speed limit is 40 km/h if no signs. Driving lessons will only shorten the time you have to wait after getting your G1 to get your G2 (8 months instead of 12), but they do a great job at lowering your insurance costs, so I'd recommend doing them eventually.

-bman

I'm living in the GTA area in Ontario; anyone know where to go for this stuff and what i need?

All i know so far is that i don't need to drive for the test and my vision is fine. Plus the online practice test proved that i know 95% of the signs.

Also i need to know how much the test is; i heard that the price varies by location.

Thanks guys

John

Just make sure you have proper id on you as well as your glasses if you need them because you will need to do a vision test. It cost around $100 I think when I did it. I don't even remember the location I went to for that test, but I think it was around Victoria Park & Sheppard Ave. Also no, you won't need driving lessons yet because it's all written. I would highly suggest getting into a driving school as soon as possible though like bman said. Though you could also wait for summer for that since a lot of driving schools have a summer course where you can finish it faster.

They've covered the G1, so I'll give you a tip for your G2 test: Go to Milton for it. I know it's a bit out of the way, but it's easier out there. And avoid Oakville like the plague.

What are the differences between Canadian licenses?

Class C is all you need in Amuhricaw.

Canada uses a graduated licensing program. Called different things, there are usually 3 classes of license for the average driver. They are called different things, but I'll just say learners novice and full. You take a test for a learners, which lets you drive generally assuming there is someone over X years in the vehicle. Can't drive by yourself usually. Novice you can drive by yourself, however usually with some restriction (BC is only one passenger). Full is obvious.

Ok, hey John.

You're going to want to study your Drivers-Handbook if you don't already have one, learn about the demerit points and how many you can get for each infraction.

You said you were fine with the signs, that's good, that shit is easy :P

Bring your Health Card, Social Insurance Card, and about $125 for the test fee (I think that's how much mine was, It certainly won't be over that amount).

As for the location of the test center, I have no idea, I'm sure you could find out though. Ask a friend where they're getting theirs done.

Good for you getting it early on! Good-luck on your test! (you won't need it, it's really easy :P)

What are the differences between Canadian licenses?

Class C is all you need in Amuhricaw.

G1- Passed Written test can only drive during day with parents

G2- Passed 1st Driving test can drive alone I believe but a couple restrictions

G- Drive Free

G1- Passed Written test can only drive with a full G driver, who has 4 years of experience. You are under THEIR insurance. Not allowed on MAJOR Highways.

G2- Passed 1st Driving test can drive alone, needs your own car insurance, can drive on any road. Must have 0 alcohol (also under 21 is 0 as well)

G- Drive without restrictions, under 21 still has to have 0 alcohol

Updated / Fixed....

Basically

G1 - Can drive with someone that has G at least 3 years, no highway unless driving instructor /w you

G2 - Drive alone (no highway)

G - Drive everywhere

In the province of Ontario it's 4 years :P What province are you in??

What the shit I have to do another test? I already have the G2 Equivalent and depending on how busy I am in spring or summer I will attempt my G1, Milton you say marvin? Its still got the highway but I'm not sure how deathly busy it is. As well why not oakville? When I was doing a course there it was all golf fields and farm land.

Basically

G1 - Can drive with someone that has G at least 3 years, no highway unless driving instructor /w you

G2 - Drive alone (no highway)

G - Drive everywhere

You can drive on the Highway with a G2, if you can't then I'm fucked.... lolz :D

Check out: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/gradu/index.shtml

For all the info.

0 BAC level?

In BC its like 0.2 or something. I know its NOT 0 from when I took the test, I failed this question on the test because obviously my standards were too high

0 BAC level?

In BC its like 0.2 or something. I know its NOT 0 from when I took the test, I failed this question on the test because obviously my standards were too high

Yup, also if under 21, (drinking age in ontario is 19) your BAC has to be 0 aswell....

They've covered the G1, so I'll give you a tip for your G2 test: Go to Milton for it. I know it's a bit out of the way, but it's easier out there. And avoid Oakville like the plague.

wanna go for something even more radical? Go to Chatham to do it. You just have to go on "highway" 2. LOL heard its a cake.

Wait so let me get this straight with my G2 I can't drive on a highway to get to Milton to take my easy p easy test? lol
You can drive on the Highway with a G2, if you can't then I'm fucked.... lolz :D

Check out: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/gradu/index.shtml

For all the info.

Yes, you can drive on the Highway.... With a G2

You may drive without an accompanying driver on all Ontario roads anytime.