Sign in to follow this  
Audiovox

I drawded Annie a while back.

This was from back before I started college at The Art Institute for Game Art and Design. I'm pretty sure I can draw somewhat better now xD This was actually done as a portfolio piece to try and get accepted into the program. The original concept came from the background. I imagined a a creepy looking tibbers looming in the darkness and wanted to see if I could draw that, and I actually ripped both models from the game and posed them in 3DS Max for reference. I was debating if that was cheating or not xD

-Audio

the left hand fingers look a little elongated, the flame doesn't emit any light or shadow for that matter, but other than that, very well done. what did you use to make it? graphite?

Mmmm, happy you noticed that. I did the two hands in completely different styles to see which I liked better. I prefer her left hand's style over the more realistic right hand. Also, I had to do the fire from imagination after I had already drawn Annie herself. There are many many flaws with the pic, but my primary objective for it was met, which was to see if I could even make it look decent with my newly found Wacom pad. So it's entirely done in photoshop with a single brush, the 2 pixels in szie, 0 hardness. I found that was the best looking one for how I was drawing her. That said, I'm pretty sure I should have been using more than just 1 brush to work on her, but I'm pretty happy with the results, nonetheless. I'm debating redoing it now that I've had a semester in my major to see what kind of progress I've made.

-Audio