Sign in to follow this  
Skillage

Ipod speakers

If there isn't clipping in the songs themselves, then yeah, it's the speakers, and you can't do anything about it. That's what happens when crappy speakers try to handle too many frequencies at once, especially over a certain volume. You're essentially exceeding the ability of the speakers.

I would highly suggest just getting headphone/earbuds. They tend to ALWAYS have better sound quality than the devices speaker itself. And think about this a moment too, the speaker is meant for phone purposes, not music. Even then, the quality is not that great. Ever try to talk to someone over speaker phone? That should be proof enough.

If you are looking to get external speakers, not headphones/earbuds, get Bose. Best quality speakers on the market right now. If not the best, then definitely the most well known.

-Xan

Could either be the song or depending on how you've had the iPod the speakers might have been worn out, you could replace but I would just get a good set of headphones.

If you are looking to get external speakers, not headphones/earbuds, get Bose. Best quality speakers on the market right now.

Not even remotely true.

But do listen to the first part of his post. Good headphones tend to outperform speakers approximately 5–10x their price.

Not even remotely true.

But do listen to the first part of his post. Good headphones tend to outperform speakers approximately 5–10x their price.

I guess you can't read....let me use the red letters of death for you.

If you are looking to get external speakers, not headphones/earbuds, get Bose. Best quality speakers on the market right now.

I think that says EXTERNAL SPEAKERS, NOT HEADPHONES/EARBUDS

^^^^ In case you missed the red letters.

And the reason as to why I said EXTERNAL speakers is because it seem EVIDENT that he wasn't using them otherwise this thread would have never come up.

Dojima, I thought you were smarter than this?

You didn't even quote me fully! This is how misinformation starts.

-Xan

This should be interesting.

haha, oh god.

I guess you can't read....let me use the red letters of death for you.

I think that says EXTERNAL SPEAKERS, NOT HEADPHONES/EARBUDS

^^^^ In case you missed the red letters.

And the reason as to why I said EXTERNAL speakers is because it seem EVIDENT that he wasn't using them otherwise this thread would have never come up.

Dojima, I thought you were smarter than this?

You didn't even quote me fully! This is how misinformation starts.

-Xan

haha, uh...I don't get how you think that I misunderstood your post. I know you're talking about speakers, and I pointed out that what you're saying is wrong. Bose are consumer speakers, and they're not even that good. They're horribly overpriced and aim to create an ostentatious listening experience.

In the future, if you ever think I'm misunderstanding something, you should probably check yourself...several times...before you wreck yourself.

In the future, if you ever think I'm misunderstanding something, you should probably check yourself...several times...before you wreck yourself.

I believe that my reaction face would've been more appropriate.

I gotta change it up. I'll use it again soon, don't worry.

Dojima, I said this in exact words, you didn't fully quote me...

If you are looking to get external speakers, not headphones/earbuds, get Bose. Best quality speakers on the market right now. If not the best, then definitely the most well known.

I did say, that if they are not the best, they are the most well known. I have not used all the speakers out there personally, so I could not definitively say Bose are the best, but I do know that the Bose systems are very high quality. Reason I know this, my dad has a bose system in his office, my friend has a bose home theater system for his tv.

I prefer using headphones over speakers unless I'm in my car. Surprisingly, my cars system is beast! Headphones>speakers any day for me.

I didn't need to fully quote you. I was responding to your assertion that they're the best. I'm glad you know they're very high quality because you've heard them, though, especially when you admit that you haven't used all the speakers out there personally, and I imagine it's safe to assume you're not any sort of audio engineer.

Yes, and like speakers, everyone knows the most well-known headphones are always the best.

Skullcandy_Logo_L.jpg

Yes, and like speakers, everyone knows the most well-known headphones are always the best.

Skullcandy_Logo_L.jpg

Worst mistake of my life was buying the Ti's... And ya, Bose is good but there are a lot better speakers on the market.

I personally prefer Sennheiser. I had a pair of M200s or whatever they were called, and they were really good (but expensive).

They were wireless earbuds that formed into a sort of necklace.

Unfortunately the left earbud blew out and I didn't have a warrenty ;(((

Right now I have a pair of nuforce earbuds and they are decent.

Cmon, Logitech is 10x what bose could ever be.......

Bose are ok, but over priced.

OT: Nothing else to add, read 1st page.... :D

Cmon, Logitech is 10x what bose could ever be.......

Bose are ok, but over priced.

OT: Nothing else to add, read 1st page.... :D

senheiser vs bose = bose win , i have both in ear headset and bose are lots better more crystal clear