Sign in to follow this  
Dial Up Dan

dan's app

Name: dial up dan

Number of hours willing to invest in coding: my free time(which is pretty much anytime im not working :lol: )

X-fire: <--------

Experience coding:Everything I know was self learned, I got help from Soldier's how to guide and a how to WC3 code wiki

A completed original race: look at the attachment, PM me if you need more than just one :lol: (it may not be completely original[some c/p] but its the one that has the most custom work done on it by me)

Demonstrate that you have at least the ability to change how a skill is activated and how effective it is.

This skill comes from a one of my other races-Col. O'Neill-it divides the damage received by a certain amount(in green), given that it has a set percent of happening(in blue)

es_xsetinfo wcs_dmgdivide 7;es_xsetinfo wcs_chance 10

es_xsetinfo wcs_dmgdivide 7 Divides the damage received by 7

es_xsetinfo wcs_chance 10 It only has 10% chance of happening when hit

in a fairly simple matter, you only need to change the number to change the damage divided or percent chance.

es_xsetinfo wcs_dmgdivide 2 Now its set to divide the damage by 2

es_xsetinfo wcs_chance 100 And the percent chance is 100%(meaning it will always activate)

here is that skill in its entirety

"skill2_setting"    "es_xsetinfo wcs_dmgdivide 7;es_xsetinfo wcs_chance 10|es_xsetinfo wcs_dmgdivide 6;es_xsetinfo wcs_chance 20|es_xsetinfo wcs_dmgdivide 5;es_xsetinfo wcs_chance 30|es_xsetinfo wcs_dmgdivide 4;es_xsetinfo wcs_chance 40|es_xsetinfo wcs_dmgdivide 3;es_xsetinfo wcs_chance 50"

"racealias_oneill2" "es_xsetinfo wc_dmg1 event_var(dmg_health);es es_xmath wc_dmg1 / server_var(wcs_dmgdivide);es es_xdelayed 1 est_Health event_var(userid) + server_var(wc_dmg1);es es_xdelayed 2 est_Health event_var(userid) + server_var(wc_dmg1);es es_xdelayed 3 est_Health event_var(userid) + server_var(wc_dmg1)"

"skill2_cmd"        "es es_xif (server_var(wcs_dice) <= server_var(wcs_chance)) then racealias_oneill2"

"skill2_sfx"        "es es_xgetplayerlocation wcs_x1 wcs_y1 wcs_z1 event_var(userid);es_xmath wcs_z1 + 20;es est_Effect 10 #a 0 sprites/lgtning.vmt server_var(wcs_x1) server_var(wcs_y1) server_var(wcs_z1) 20 200 1 20 100 1 0 40 255 200 10;es est_Effect 10 #a 0 sprites/lgtning.vmt server_var(wcs_x1) server_var(wcs_y1) server_var(wcs_z1) 20 300 1 20 100 1 0 40 255 200 10"

Changing how a skill is activated is found near the beginning.

"skillcfg"          "player_Spawn|player_victim|player_attack|player_Ultimate"

Since the aforementioned skill is skill 2 it is currently set to player_victim(meaning that it will activate when damage is taken) changing it is as easy as changing the word victim to spawn(if the skill where to be given at spawn[like cloaking])