Sign in to follow this  
MagicRatt

Post the car you are currently driving

Sale with the dodge fell through. I'm still driving it but current owner doesn't want to sell it now.

But another opportunity arose yesterday. One of our trucks at work (2004 silverado 2500HD) had an engine throw a rod yesterday. My boss told me they are most likely going to get a newer truck and shitcan the chevy. He asked me if I wanted to buy it, I said yes. If he gets approved for it, i'll probably have a decent truck that just needs an engine for hopefully under $1000. (just grab any old shortblock and drop it in) The downside is that it has 230,000 miles on it. But has had routine maintenance and it still drives (drove) like new.

Edited by Velo

Sale with the dodge fell through. I'm still driving it but current owner doesn't want to sell it now.

But another opportunity arose yesterday. One of our trucks at work (2004 silverado 2500HD) had an engine throw a rod yesterday. My boss told me they are most likely going to get a newer truck and shitcan the chevy. He asked me if I wanted to buy it, I said yes. If he gets approved for it, i'll probably have a decent truck that just needs an engine for hopefully under $1000. (just grab any old shortblock and drop it in) The downside is that it has 230,000 miles on it. But has had routine maintenance and it still drives (drove) like new.

How the hell does that work?  "Hey man I don't wanna sell you this truck, but you can drive it for now."

Still driving my Saab 9-3 convertible (Grey) with about 48K miles on it.

saab-9-3-convertible-04.jpg

Just posted a stock photo for reference cause my camera is broken.

I'm actually looking into getting into electric/hydrogen in the next 12 years. Any thoughts?

Still driving my Saab 9-3 convertible (Grey) with about 48K miles on it.

saab-9-3-convertible-04.jpg

Just posted a stock photo for reference cause my camera is broken.

I'm actually looking into getting into electric/hydrogen in the next 12 years. Any thoughts?

12 years is a bit far to think of your next car. Surely you'll upgrade to something before then.

i traded in my loaded 2013 ram sport (4x4; flowmaster; k&n cai)

for a 2014 Ford Fusion Energi 11MPG to INFINITY because work and home have charging stations. w00t w00t.

seriously though.. saved a ton of money in gas but i gained a lot of fag in my soul :(

i traded in my loaded 2013 ram sport (4x4; flowmaster; k&n cai)

for a 2014 Ford Fusion Energi 11MPG to INFINITY because work and home have charging stations. w00t w00t.

seriously though.. saved a ton of money in gas but i gained a lot of fag in my soul :(

+1 for stating the truth

How much should I pay for a 04 silverado 2500HD with a blown up 6.0 and 230,000 miles? Is 2WD with 4L80E transmission, extended cab. everything else besides engine was well maintained and body is in decent shape.

Edited by Velo

Buying the 04 silverado i talked about earlier (silverado 2500HD ext cab 6.0 vortec engine with 230,000 miles) from my work. Boss wants $600 for it. That's great and all, but legally they can't sell it to me without it being inspected. So they will sell it with a salvage title. Which is good.. and bad. 

Once I pick up another engine in a couple months, It should very easily pass inspection as it has new tires, brakes and suspension, and the body and frame is structurally sound. With that, I should be able to put it on the road. Down side is i'll never be able to sell it for what it's worth if I wanted to. So i'll just run it into the ground and sell it to a scrap yard when it's dead if I have to.

I know the truck drove great, everything about it was nice (compared to what i'm driving).

..Oh, I also picked up an 85 camaro the other day for $300.

post-3799-0-58482200-1394840457_thumb.jp

post-3799-0-39737000-1394840468_thumb.jp

Well, turns out that my car is a major fucking lemon, so once the claim is put through and the lawsuit finishes, I figure a better ride is in order.

9b8bd9bf5b.jpg

Fuck, yes.

My friend drives a BRZ too. Are you a BRZ fanatic just like him?

My friend drives a BRZ too. Are you a BRZ fanatic just like him?

I'm more looking for a car that I'd enjoy making a wrong turn in, but I'm probably going to join the FT86 ONE group and going on their cruises 'n' shit