Sign in to follow this  
BlackStone

I need some help

First off, this is for my college class.

I'm having trouble finding the Financial Statement for Adelphia Communications in 2001-2002. Quick rundown of Adelphia is that they were a company that had shit internal controls, the family that ran it, the "Rigas Clan," did a lot of abuse and stole millions for themselves and racked up $3.1 Billion in debt.

I don't expect everyone, hell I'll be surprised if anyone, to help me. I'm just at a roadblock and need this in order to move forward/finish my project.

Thanks for the help.

Guest Tasty

Jesse, you know the CTRL+F thingy right?

That should help on that webpage.

Just re-read the history - they declared bankruptcy in 2002. I'm not aware of bankruptcy laws but perhaps because they claimed it, they do not have to release financial statements (even internal). If they were deemed insolvent however, I'm sure they would have prepared financial statements.

Find out what their fiscal year is - 2001 to 2002 doesn't say much. It could be January, 1, 2001 to January 2, 2002, or even October, 1, 2001 to October 1, 2002.

edit: bankruptcy is not claimed by the company but established by the courts