Sign in to follow this  
Pinoy

Best AGP Cards To Date

I looked up the specifations and the pro is much better but gather a lil more money and get XT

I WAS WRONG AGAIN! DONT GET ANY OF THEM! AGP THAT SUCKS AND NO DX10 get pcix16 and get an 8800 gts 320 mb! OR GET AN 8600 gt/s its like 200 but much better both these cards really suck.

First of, of course they "suck" compared to the new generation of PCI-E x16 2.0, and what not. But your mentioning to me high end cards that i do not have the money for. I would have to buy a new mobo, cpu, and the card, and maybe a couple other things which would cost me a lot more than I am willing to spend atm. There are some DX10 AGP cards, but they are like at the bottom of all of them, and aren't worth the money since they are still 128-bit with only GDDR2. I would have to double the money I am willing to spend to get all the PCI-E parts. I'm only looking to run newer games that are pushing boundaries further like Crysis, which just came out two days ago. Theres a guide on DX10 and 9 cards that are categorized and that will run crysis here: http://pcigre.wordpress.com/2007/09/16/cry...rds-comparison/

The GT and PRO are Mid-Level cards that could run Crysis on all Medium settings, which I would be fine with. The XT is stated as a High Level DX9 card from ATi, which it is because its the best any AGP will ever get now, and can run Crysis at high settings @ 1280 x 1024 res with no AA, and still get good fps.

And now I'm straying off the top.

I wanted to know besides the XT.

which of those two cards were better.

and I'm guessing it is the PRO?