Sign in to follow this  
Marine

Help with wild life

I have personally learnt that you cut off the blood circulation to the area first, then suck out as much poison as possible (making sure to spit and rinse right away),

make sure you stay as calm as possible, to keep your heart rate down,

once you get as much of the poison out as possible, you can let the blood flow again, or just let it flow enough so your arm / leg doesn't die on you (basically reduce the flow, but not stop it / reduce it enough for cell dmg)

This is just what I have been taught, not saying it's right, but I know Canada doesn't have very many poisonous snakes, so don't have much exp with them...

I have personally learnt that you cut off the blood circulation to the area first, then suck out as much poison as possible (making sure to spit and rinse right away),

make sure you stay as calm as possible, to keep your heart rate down,

once you get as much of the poison out as possible, you can let the blood flow again, or just let it flow enough so your arm / leg doesn't die on you (basically reduce the flow, but not stop it / reduce it enough for cell dmg)

This is just what I have been taught, not saying it's right, but I know Canada doesn't have very many poisonous snakes, so don't have much exp with them...

The whole sucking the venom out won't work, it can make it much worse since the mouth is filled with the most bacteria in the human body, so it can cause an infection after the bite is over. Cutting off any blood circulation is a bad idea, because it needs blood to get to the wound too slowly fight it(This way you don't end up getting nerve damage or rotten flesh) otherwise you may have your limb amputated. When bitten, you need to undo anything that helps cause any bit of circulation, as my boots and boot bands would need to be loosened in order for me to get more blood flow. I do appreciate you trying to help though, since you don't have much experience with snakes in Canada.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Props Marine for doing such stuff! I would never go to a posinous snake because I just hate them!

They're everywhere in the world, just a matter of time before even you find one. Unless you're in - Ireland, not at the border in Canada, Russia, Norway, Sweden, and Finland.

Leather won't do the trick, from my experience. I was bit by a Copperhead up here in CT while bow hunting for deer last season - the fucker's fangs went straight through the heal of my boots (~1/2 inch thick).

You will need either very thick leather, or something tougher... and since they can strike up to your waist, and you will be crouching, that will be tough if you plan to be mobile. After that incident, I began wearing leather chaps while playing airsoft just in case. I tell myself it will help, but it still isn't full coverage.

Yea around my parts there is a shitload of water moccasins. Luckily I was fortunate to never get bitten by those bastard when I was fishing, but I had a few close calls.

Yea around my parts there is a shitload of water moccasins. Luckily I was fortunate to never get bitten by those bastard when I was fishing, but I had a few close calls.

I'd hate to come across one of those, simply because snake + swimming = freaky as shit

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

where thick boots and basically scan a few feet ahead of u they usually hide in the shade and under rocks

Hard to scan in the night during airsoft, if It was hiking, I'd just use a hiking stick to warn it ahead of time that I'm coming, a long with it striking that instead of my boots.

srry i didnt know it was at night, but they probably wont come out at night cause it gets a lot cooler and the will mainly stay buried in the sand or in a chlosterophobic kind of crevice 2 keep the heat in.

srry i didnt know it was at night, but they probably wont come out at night cause it gets a lot cooler and the will mainly stay buried in the sand or in a chlosterophobic kind of crevice 2 keep the heat in.

The one we found was coiled up at night on the side of a trail. That's why I'm nervous about the area during airsoft, simply because I thought it was cold enough for them to not be out at night, a long with that they should be brumating soon, So at least I won't have to worry about them in another month or so...

Leather won't do the trick, from my experience. I was bit by a Copperhead up here in CT while bow hunting for deer last season - the fucker's fangs went straight through the heal of my boots (~1/2 inch thick).

You will need either very thick leather, or something tougher... and since they can strike up to your waist, and you will be crouching, that will be tough if you plan to be mobile. After that incident, I began wearing leather chaps while playing airsoft just in case. I tell myself it will help, but it still isn't full coverage.

copperheads have thinner fangs and are more needle like that a rattler.. i have also been bit by a copperhead.. its not fun

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

I'm convinced by the leather, I'll probably try that since you and blackdragon have both mentioned this. You guys happen to know of any type of good hand protection?

a pair of heavy duty thick leather work gloves might do the trick, just cut the tip off your trigger finger

Venomous snakes are classified in two taxonomic families:

Elapids – cobras including king cobras, kraits, mambas, Australian copperheads, sea snakes, and coral snakes.[37]

Viperids – vipers, rattlesnakes, copperheads/cottonmouths, adders and bushmasters.[37]

Copperheads are what you will call a Pit Viper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crotalinae

Rattlesnakes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crotalus

u kidding looking like this the snake would bite its in a attempt to off its self

best protection then. but it depends..... how sexy is he in that outfit......... i might need to judge for myself.....