Sign in to follow this  
Yiyas

Slight anti-whore measure???

Oh, I was under the impression that it'd have a chance for everything to fail. Though, I'm not sure when that determination would be made...perhaps at the start of the round?

It'd make more sense to make an ultimate failing instead of the entire race failing.

It'd make more sense to make an ultimate failing instead of the entire race failing.

Some races are OP even without the ultimate. I dunno many races off-hand due to not playing much WCS normally, but races with hardcore leech can majorly fuck your day up. And leech is just a regular skill. Oh, and poison.

Or possibly add a delay in between race changes, like 5 rounds per race you choose.

there could be a way to lock someone out of maxed races when above 4:1 and above 24 kills. an exception would have to be made for people with all their races maxed, though.

with the version of WCS after a while it says in the playerinfo

name race level status

example

Cassboys Human... 107 Whoring

at this point could i ask him to change race as-well or do i have to wait 4 ratio?

with the version of WCS after a while it says in the playerinfo

name race level status

example

Cassboys Human... 107 Whoring

at this point could i ask him to change race as-well or do i have to wait 4 ratio?

This means he has hit the 4:1 ratio and he is whoring already.

Goddammit. I saw this thread in the recent posts box and thought it was going to be about how OP needed a way of getting rid of the whores that throw themselves at him.

(can whatever measure put in place be 4:1 below 40 kills, 3:1 above 40 kills)

few other ideas:

restrict all shop items and the CS buy menu - they can pick up a gun if they find it, but they can't buy one at round start. (would actually help people on a non-maxed race because they would have more money to buy XP)

take the players top 5 least used races and put up a vote for everyone in the server to decide what race they get locked on for the rest of the map.

Let them stay on the race, but put up a vote for what handicap to give the person for the rest of the map:

.75 speed (no matter race or shop item)

200% gravity (no jumping and going down steps hurt)

receive 20% extra dmg over regular dmg received

receive 20% mirror dmg for all attacks on other people

Drugged vision for remainder of map

beacon for remainder of map

Set on Fire for remainder of map (no dmg, just burning)

Handicaps just don't seem like a very practical way of getting them to change races. People whore races that they play well with, so reducing the damage or slowing them down a little bit most likely won't change much, the abilities that the race gives them would be more than enough for them to get over a handicap if they know how to play the race

HA! I like how he used cassboys as an example of someone whoring Human.

I like the switch to a random race one. Keeps switching your race every round if you are whoring. Even if the coding goes a little wild and bonkers (anyone who has been playing WCS for as long as some of us have, know that the code will go bonkers) there isn't much harm that is caused. Now if you implement something stupid like auto bans and slays, then if the code goes a little nutso then I think you can see what might just happen.

The skill degeneration would be cool too, but I would rather them just be thrown off that race instead.

Handicaps just don't seem like a very practical way of getting them to change races. People whore races that they play well with, so reducing the damage or slowing them down a little bit most likely won't change much, the abilities that the race gives them would be more than enough for them to get over a handicap if they know how to play the race

unless the handicap is that they've been set on fire. then they have reduced sight and sound, while others can hear and see them much more clearly.

I think the skill degeneration is kind of lame. I think some form of forced race change is all that should be done.

I think it was Velpas post that I agreed with the most..

Also, it needs to be kept in mind - over 4:1 doesn't even always mean whoring.

I've joined the server so many times where one team is stacked over another, so I join the losing team and have to whore a race to keep the team from getting steamrolled every round. Like it'll be 12-0, and I'll join the team with zero wins, get to 24-2 and win a round or two, then people will start complaining about how I'm whoring a race and want me to switch off. This pisses me off to no end and is, in my opinion, a much bigger problem than "racewhoring". The whole point of the racewhore rule was to ensure that teams would be more or less balanced. Since it was put in place the rule has degenerated into a "let's keep players from being too good" rule.

I'm not so big on skill fail chances, and I'm leary about an auto racechange function.

I think my ideal would be something along these lines for race whoring.

At 24+ kills, 3;1 ratio = you're locked out of playing any race you have maxed for the remainder of the map. Even if their ratio goes back down, keep em locked.

You could also perhaps have a check to see if the race-whore in question is on the winning team. Perhaps a harsher restriction for those whoring on a winning team? Or a stricter requirement for those on the winning team?

You could also perhaps have a check to see if the race-whore in question is on the winning team. Perhaps a harsher restriction for those whoring on a winning team? Or a stricter requirement for those on the winning team?

Thats sounds pretty good, have a higher KD requirement on the losers than the winners.

I think my ideal would be something along these lines for race whoring.

At 24+ kills, 3;1 ratio = you're locked out of playing any race you have maxed for the remainder of the map. Even if their ratio goes back down, keep em locked.

I have all races maxed, as do a lot of people here. so what happens then?

I have all races maxed, as do a lot of people here. so what happens then?

My ideal would be that you didn't have everything locked. So if you would go ahead and lose a bunch of levels, that would work great for me.

Really, I don't know. Perhaps lock people out of that particular race for the duration of the map?

the only problem with this whole thing.. is there is a "rule" that if ur not Maxed out on ur race you dont have to change.. or atleast thats whats been going on.. so how would that all play into it.. what if u are on a lvl 1 nab and u are lvling it and u get 24-4 or w\e and ur only lvl 5.. or what lvl u would be at.. i dont think it would be any good to have this in affect.. just cuz u have lots of skill doesnt mean u should be punished...

the only problem with this whole thing.. is there is a "rule" that if ur not Maxed out on ur race you dont have to change.. or atleast thats whats been going on.. so how would that all play into it.. what if u are on a lvl 1 nab and u are lvling it and u get 24-4 or w\e and ur only lvl 5.. or what lvl u would be at.. i dont think it would be any good to have this in affect.. just cuz u have lots of skill doesnt mean u should be punished...

I think all "whoring rule" discussions are if your race is maxed. of course for any kind of whoring prevention it would have to check to see if your race is maxed, first.

I think a little system should be added to help people, like if their score becomes like 1:10 (1 kill per 10 deaths) they get like added damage or increased health just to help them out. like if they are starting a new race that sucks in the beginning.

I think a little system should be added to help people, like if their score becomes like 1:10 (1 kill per 10 deaths) they get like added damage or increased health just to help them out. like if they are starting a new race that sucks in the beginning.

No. If you're going 1-10 you're just bad, regardless of what race you're on

new idea - how about a "whore race" If someone was warned for 2 rounds (by admin or script) to change race for whoring, and they don't change - they get auto switched to the whore race. could be something like:

I'm A Dirty Whore

5 Skills, 10 lvls each, total 50 lvls

Can only be accessed when switched by admin or Anti-Whore script

Pay Your Pimp: Share up to $5000 of your money with a random team mate at round start (10 lvls, $500 each lvl)

Stab that Trick: limited to knife only, increase knife dmg (10 lvls, 5% increase dmg each lvl. must have 1st skill maxed before using this skill)

Clinics ain't Free: start the round with lower health (10 lvls, -2hp per lvl)

STD's suck: Infection- chance to slow target and do 3hp/sec. dmg during infection time when you stab them (10 lvls, 5% chance to slow and 1 sec. infection duration per lvl. slow down only last 2-3 sec.) must have skill 3 maxed before using skill 4

Supa Crack Hoe: Ultimate - increase speed, lower grav, and chance to explode if killed during ultimate (10 lvls, .05 speed -.02 grav and 10% chance to explode per lvl must have skills 1-4 maxed before using ultimate)

would keep them from whoring, but still keep it fun in the server.

The idea of having the players on the server choosing a handicap sounds like it could be interesting. The 200% gravity might be a bit over doing it. Switching their race randomly could end up bad if they are maxed all races like a few people are or close to it.

Sign in to follow this