Sign in to follow this  
lilspanky

Best Bang For The Buck Video Card

Im sure you've all heard of pci-e 2.0? no? shame on u. These things increase the lane limit from 250 MB/s to 500 MB/s. If you want a really a almost top of the line card with a good ass price then get the 8800 GT 512mb. It performs faster than all 8800 gts 320 AND 640mb. It has the highest shade units in its class which is 112. If can even score higher than a 8800 gtx in 3dmark6 but u gotta get the Zotac 8800GT AMP 700MHz. http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=c...55&Itemid=1

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=c...04&Itemid=1

If you really are on a budget id rather have you just save for one of these babies. You can get em around 260-300. A gtx is around 550. 8800gt is truly is l33t =). But if you are desperate then go with the 8600gts IF* you wanna run dx10. If you are just gonna run dx9 then go for the 7900 as it performs way faster, but you will only have dx9.

Get me two of these =)! Or wait for the pci-e 3.0...but that will be AWHILE so 2.0 for now. Btw it is fully backwards compatible so you dont need to buy a new board. As long as you got a pci-e x16 slot, your good.

Guest Fohacidal

My XFX 8800 GTS Extreme is just fine tyvm

640 mb ftw!

But if you are desperate then go with the 8600gts IF* you wanna run dx10.

Id actually advise against this. I have a good friend who bought one of these. His frame rate actually decreased when he swtiched from DX9 to 10, and because he had to turn the settings down to get the frame rate back up, my 7600, with only dx9, ended up looking better. He's pissed he didn't save up.

nice, ill definately look for this, i think im gonna upgrade my PC next month, gonna have lots of overtime pay :D

IM gunna upgrade to knew 8800 gtx ko ac3 edtion its like super air cooled.. Im pretty sure those babys overclocked over the limit will clock ur in the face lol

two Zotac 8800gt AMP 700mhz 512mb would beat those gtx2....^_^ And its like 500 bucks or more cheaper

Actually, it wouldn't.

The 8800GT is just a tad under the 8800GTX on average.

Also, PCIE2.0 isn't really even all too widely available yet, and the bandwidth of PCIE1.0 hasn't even been exceeded yet(No, not even with the 8800GT). It just happens to be reverse compatible with the PCIE1.0 interface.

It's true that the 8800GT will probably be the best "bang for the buck." but wait until ATi comes out with new cards, they're midrange will likely be a full class above it, while still being around the same price. As well, in another month or two the new architectured 8 series will hit, and its respected versions of the 8800GTS/GTX/Ultra will smash the GT.

Also, while yeah, I paid an extra $100 for my 8800GTS 640MB. I got mine like, back in August? I've had it for almost a full 2 months already, and I'll probably be able to keep it for another 2~ years(though, I will be upgrading before then(it'll still be going into an older machine, though)). I can play all of todays games smoothly on high, and I'll be able to for probably the next year and beyond in a few cases.

I'd say I'm happy with it.