Sign in to follow this  
Gonepostal2000

BCS

I agree, but I don't think they will do it. There is 2 many good memories at the games like the Rose Bowl. They won't just get rid of those games.

Remember - if you go to a playoff system, you will still have to have a way to seed the teams to enter the playoffs. My alma mater, GT, made the Orange Bowl last year (I was there!) and got waxed by Iowa. If we had an 8-team playoff, neither Iowa nor us would have made it to the "serious bowls" - this is stipulating an 8-team playoff with the 4 bowls providing quarter and semifinal games in lead up to the NC.

I think a much bigger problem that no one is focusing on is how cr@p the poll voting is. No one votes on who they think is the best team THAT WEEK. They vote for who they think will make it in the end... which is wrong. People should be voting that most of the SEC (and I'm not from an SEC school but I will still say it) are in the top 20 until they fall. Because any given week, those teams will beat the sh!t out of everyone else.

A playoff system would be the deathknell for a team like Boise State.

All of the big wins by teams like Boise State have come with weeks to prepare for a bowl game, having to play teams like OU, Alabama, Auburn, Oregon in consecutive weeks would be too much for Boise, a team that throughout its regular season doesn't have to play big boys every week.

Sooners - > I totally agree. The other thing to remember is if you really want a playoff to give a lot of teams chances, then you're going to need more than 8 participants, which means more than 3 weeks of games. While all of us fans are all about it, we have to remember that these kids are supposed to be in school ;) Emphasis on "supposed to be".

BTW, did you see that article about the guy on death row in Arizona(?) who's last words were "Boomer Sooners'. =)

Sooners - > I totally agree. The other thing to remember is if you really want a playoff to give a lot of teams chances, then you're going to need more than 8 participants, which means more than 3 weeks of games. While all of us fans are all about it, we have to remember that these kids are supposed to be in school ;) Emphasis on "supposed to be".

BTW, did you see that article about the guy on death row in Arizona(?) who's last words were "Boomer Sooners'. =)

Yes haha, talk about Sooner Born, Sooner Bred, and Sooner DEAD!

Still got it and can't change that.

Obviously, I'm not arguing it didn't happen.

The thread is about wanting a playoff instead of the BCS, and if there was a playoff where Boise would have to beat 3-4 big boy teams in consecutive weeks I would highly doubt they would reach a championship game. All of Boise State's big wins have come where they had weeks to prepare for the game, as in a season opener or a bowl game. They just don't have the same mental and physical grind BCS teams have playing against tough, talented teams week in and week out. Could Boise win a playoff game? Absolutely. Could they continue the grind for another 2 games? Probably not. Trick plays only work in one and done games where you can unleash all of your plays.

I'm just confused as to why all of the non-AQ conference teams cry for a playoff when in reality it would be tougher to get to a championship game. Instead of playing a cupcake schedule and having to only beat one great team at the end of the year, you have to beat 3-4 great teams. See my point?

Dude I understand u want playoffs because boise goes undefeated and they get no love.. Want to know why? THEY ARE IN A SHIT CONFERENCE.

COULS exactly, we all know our conference is crap, but you cant say boise cant play with the big dogs, we have beat all of the teams they have gave us, we did everything they have asked us, dont say we cant because you dont know.

COULS exactly, we all know our conference is crap, but you cant say boise cant play with the big dogs, we have beat all of the teams they have gave us, we did everything they have asked us, dont say we cant because you dont know.

I will say this, Boise couldn't hang with the big dogs week after week after week.

Look if Boise was in the SEC or Big Ten any of the big conferences they could beat a few teams, but they will not go undefeated. They will get worn down. They aren't good enough to play Alabama etc..

but couls tell me why you thnk they cant

Talent.

Heart and soul can win you some games, but in the long run, if you don't have the talent and physically gifted athletes you will lose. Boise State gets the lower tier of high school recruits while teams like Ohio State, Alabama, etc. get the best. The more you post the more you expose yourself of knowing almost nothing about how college football works.