Sign in to follow this  
Butt-Hole Surfer

More Maps?

I was surfing around FPS banana and i found this one map that CAUGHT my eye.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/138364

I couldn't upload pictures but the link should do.

Its a bomb/defuse map so the size shouldn't hurt.

A lot of camping and flying is expected but like DOLLS, (Bad idea to give that example) there is a bomb site so the rounds won't last forever and there is a time limit.

Either way, if one camps there should be an admin or a bunch of people yelling at him to do objective.

I REALLY think that it should be added.

I would love for some new maps.. After getting used to the ones that are on there, I've seemed to have gotten bored of WCS and stopped playing it. And started to scrim again.

theres no point of adding new maps of the majority of the server isnt willing to play it. And the majority of the servery is ALWAYS against playing new maps.

As Empire said before, maybe a longer map cooldown might help?

remove crackhouse from the list.

I love that map. :( The best part is grabbing Keldon Warlord or Priest and actually going to kill people.

I say rtv should be random. If they really want to rtv AGAIN, they can do it. It means all the maps we never play get rotation, and it means people will actually be playing the new maps so we can clean out the ones that aren't good.

Just today we got to play a lil bit of speedcastle...defently needs to be added.

I'd only endorse Speedcastle if the time limit per round was shortened to 2 mins. Before it was at 4 mins and the rounds just took way too damn long b/c of campers in stupid corners.

I got a 35 to 5 kill/death just by spamming chain lightning once. You could like literally hit the whole house from the roof with chain ligtning.

That means the people inside should get a healer. Chain lightning doesn't generally do crazy amounts of damage.

Crackhouse is shit. Having 32 players on that map ALONE is fucking retarded. Then add the WCS mod?

Edit:

I do believe there is a speedcastle with a bomb site. Or maybe I just made that up. But I think there is. ;3

Alright, then we need to move compound and westwood because Archimondes can ace the team too easily from the rooftops.

archimonde can get to the roof in compound?

but seriously. think this through. If there are just 4 cts with chain lightning and about 7 or 8 players are hit with cl at the beginning of each round, which almost always happens in crackhouse, that wipes out the majority of the terrorist team within the first 10 to 15 or so seconds. I have rarely seen the terroist team win in crackhouse, even when most of the more skilled players are on the team. Theres no dodging or aiming involved in chain lightning.

but seriously. think this through. If there are just 4 cts with chain lightning and about 7 or 8 players are hit with cl at the beginning of each round, which almost always happens in crackhouse, that wipes out the majority of the terrorist team within the first 10 to 15 or so seconds. I have rarely seen the terroist team win in crackhouse, even when most of the more skilled players are on the team. Theres no dodging or aiming involved in chain lightning.

one or two guys could go an ultimate immune race and prevent those chain lightnings from hitting one single person.

If you're good, any LJ race can get on the roof in compound.

one or two guys could go an ultimate immune race and prevent those chain lightnings from hitting one single person.

That doesn't make the map not a shitty map.

I guess that would work but the person with cl just needs to find a different angle.

I have a few more more arguements as why crackhouse should be removed.

Most of the time, the only ts that stand a chance ouside are the ones with teleport, grapple, and things of that sort. A t that tries to leave the house without a skill to get them away quickly enough is usually killed the moment he hits the floor. Basically, it promotes camping which promotes cl for the cts. There really isnt enough coordination for ulti immune races to cover the entire house from aoe ultimates like cl and scuicide bomber. Its not uncommon for a ct to take down multiple terrorists by using their ultimate once. In what I am seeing, most cts get around 3 to 6 kills per scuicide bomb and about 1-3 kills per chain lightning (later into the game).

In my opinion its like assaultvilla but worse. Im just glad that there is no abusing of wards in server 1.

I dont really think the map is too shitty. I just dont think it works too well with WCS mod. Some maps just dont work well with wcs mods, crackhouse being one of them.

If we're getting rid of crackhouse, we better get rid of compound. I love going Warlord on crackhouse and camping the boxes downstairs, so I totally don't agree that it is shitty.

And once again, it you've got a priest in the house, chain lightning is basically useless.

If we're getting rid of crackhouse, we better get rid of compound. I love going Warlord on crackhouse and camping the boxes downstairs, so I totally don't agree that it is shitty.

And once again, it you've got a priest in the house, chain lightning is basically useless.

Compound is fine because it's a big map, and not everyone camps.

Crackhouse, is just a house, where everyone camps. EVERYONE.

Compound is fine because it's a big map, and not everyone camps.

Crackhouse, is just a house, where everyone camps. EVERYONE.

What do you mean compound is fine because not everyone camps? CTs camp in spawn, terrorists camp in hossie room.

crackhouse only fails with the server being full like 10 people in it, great map. Size problem rather than map being sucky. several maps are the same way in terms of size vs population. but i agree if we could find maps that stick to a good balance and not suck when there are 32 people on and keep the small maps on rotation for when you need a different size.

crackhouse only fails with the server being full like 10 people in it, great map.

Maybe, but we would never know. Server 1 has been full a lot more lately without server 2 to share (somewhat) its population.

Maybe, but we would never know. Server 1 has been full a lot more lately without server 2 to share (somewhat) its population.

Actually most of the wcs 2 people moved to wcs 1. The never knowing bit is lame, I don't think many people are all like OMFG GET RID OF THESE maps so much as play less of them and more of variety, but that could be my viewpoint.

Criteria that you have to fill out before posting a map.

1: is it laggy? Would it run well on almost anyone's computer?

2: Does it have an objective?

3: Time Limit?

4: Does it look like enough space for people to long jump and teleport?

I played for quite some time today just to figure out the downsides and the upsides to most of the maps on the server and created a criteria out of it.

Sign in to follow this