Sign in to follow this  
Longcat

Fuck this professor

So as you may or may not have noticed, I've been missing for a while. This is because I've been absolutely buttfucked by school recently. I passed my Physiology course, somehow, and then I was on to my Electrocardiography class. This course is online. I have heard from the teacher three count em THREE times the ENTIRE SUMMER! He made a post on the online course place on May 17th, first day of class to say hey here is a video syllabus, here is the schedule, 5 tests, 5 quizzes, blah blah blah.

The next day that I hear from him: July 1st. He posts up a test. I didn't hear a thing from him for an entire fucking month plus the remainder of May. Then just today he posts up an announcement, oh hey test THREE(The final btw, so much for his fucking schedule) due on Thursday. WHAT THE FUCK. Where was test 2? It doesn't exist anymore! There was no announcement that I missed. Nothing.

So I email him at about 11 today. I tell him that I never heard a peep about this thing. I wait, checking my inbox hourly up until dinner at which point I figure, he's gone from school now, I'll just check it tomorrow. NOPE. I check just 10 minutes ago and TADA: 7PM he sent me an Email saying "I opened it for 3 hours." This test has a two hour testing window and he opens it for 3 hours! I have no idea what I am going to do. I replied and told him that I didnt get the email but god knows what will happen. I am on good standing with the department chair but I am unsure how far she can go to help me out here.

If I fail this course, I will raise SO MUCH FUCKING HELL. I hope this asshole doesnt have tenure because he has no business teaching.

Wish me luck. I punched a wall. My hand hurts.

Good luck with that professor. Dude no need to worry here. People will understand that you need to do this before getting back to here. Hurry and pass the class.

So as you may or may not have noticed, I've been missing for a while. This is because I've been absolutely buttfucked by school recently. I passed my Physiology course, somehow, and then I was on to my Electrocardiography class. This course is online. I have heard from the teacher three count em THREE times the ENTIRE SUMMER! He made a post on the online course place on May 17th, first day of class to say hey here is a video syllabus, here is the schedule, 5 tests, 5 quizzes, blah blah blah.

The next day that I hear from him: July 1st. He posts up a test. I didn't hear a thing from him for an entire fucking month plus the remainder of May. Then just today he posts up an announcement, oh hey test THREE(The final btw, so much for his fucking schedule) due on Thursday. WHAT THE FUCK. Where was test 2? It doesn't exist anymore! There was no announcement that I missed. Nothing.

So I email him at about 11 today. I tell him that I never heard a peep about this thing. I wait, checking my inbox hourly up until dinner at which point I figure, he's gone from school now, I'll just check it tomorrow. NOPE. I check just 10 minutes ago and TADA: 7PM he sent me an Email saying "I opened it for 3 hours." This test has a two hour testing window and he opens it for 3 hours! I have no idea what I am going to do. I replied and told him that I didnt get the email but god knows what will happen. I am on good standing with the department chair but I am unsure how far she can go to help me out here.

If I fail this course, I will raise SO MUCH FUCKING HELL. I hope this asshole doesnt have tenure because he has no business teaching.

Sorry to hear that man. I’ve had a few online teachers like this, all spacey and doesn’t check in much. But the good thing about them normally is they feel at fault most of the time so they work with you. I just walked across the stage for graduation with my Biomedical Engineering degree last month with a 3.4GPA and it was one of the best feelings I have ever had. Then a few days later I got a great job in my field, doing Biomed, working for hospitals repair their equipment making 48k starting off. Hang in there man, its fucking worth it. Don’t let a bad teacher mess up your strive for the finish line, let it roll of your back, there’s always tomorrow.

Worse comes to worse, file a complaint if you have proof that he's not doing his shit. I did that at my college when a prof wasn't doing his job and I was able to fix my grade and GPA from the class.

Oh and I forgot to note this little tidbit:

A C in this class is required for me to begin my Paramedic Sequence. Which only starts in the fall. This is why I was taking summer classes in the first place. So if I do not get a C in this class, I will be set back an entire year.

The score breakdown:

Test 1: 40/43 pts

Test 2: 0/37 pts

Test 3: ?/38 pts.

Quick math tells me that if I am unable to take this second test, I will not be able to get the C that I need.

Guarentee he'll say its your fault unless 20 other students (or however many are in an online class) also complain about the same thing.

In more interesting news to me, I'm in your sig? SWEET!

Fuck online courses.

I failed for bullshit reasons, i actually tryed int he course too >.>

I failed because we are supposed a discussion we had during the semester on any topic. The only way to get a discussion is to reply and get replies. i NEVER got replies, so i lost 35% and failed

Had the same problem with my socials course I took online, the teacher decided during the last week to post up another test so some kids could "catch up" and I missed it, dropped my grade 14%

Similar story, but not about an online class. I missed a lab early in the semester in a class that requires a 70 lab average to pass, so I made up the lab the next week. End of semester, I have an F in the course. When I ask my teacher why, she told me I failed the lab, which instantly prevented me from passing the class. If she had told me when it happened, I could have dropped the course and avoided an F on my transcript

Yeah I do not do online courses for the these bullshit reasons, also i would put off the work. Do what oracion said or talk to him face to face and tell him your situation. If this guy is a douchebag then do a complaint on him.